Jose Luis Gaya

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Tagliafico :lol:

Week and a half since that 8-2 , and not single player seems to be close to getting sold. Now we are getting linked with only average players.

Last edited:

Calidad

Tagliafico :lol:

Week and a half since that 8-2 , and not single player seems to be close to getting sold. Now we are getting linked with only average players.

Because they?re all past it and on huge wages. The club will be lucky to get any money for the likes Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, Pique etc

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Because they?re all past it and on huge wages. The club will be lucky to get any money for the likes Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, Pique etc

I agree, but that snake oil salesman Barto was making it sound as if he had some deals that were already ongoing last week in that press conference. Instead the weasel is using his lapdogs MD and SPORT to push the players out ( what I think) just by linking us with players in their positions.

As if that will work , since they will most likely just run their contracts out. Or bet on the fact that Barca will do worse without them and Koeman will be forced to use them again.

Last edited:

Andrew M

I don't think getting money from transfer fees is on the agenda at all. Just getting them off the wage bill is the challenge. Seems Raki and Suarez are the priority

vuji_31

It seems like we are again interested for signing him in the summer.

Good player would be a massive addition to LB , but he is injured the whole time.

15 mil could be price.

Andresito

Staff member
Having a great season. Don't think he'll stay at Valencia next season.

15m seems cheap. Turns 26 this year with a contract until 2023.

Zebulun

Having a great season. Don't think he'll stay at Valencia next season.

15m seems cheap. Turns 26 this year with a contract until 2023.

15m seems like alot for us who cant print colour copies right now. only way we get him is via player swaps IMO.

Andresito

Staff member
15m seems like alot for us who cant print colour copies right now. only way we get him is via player swaps IMO.

Yeah lol. It's cheap for everyone but Barca. I don't think we should expect any signing costing more than 0 this summer.

Messi983

If Messi goes to City/PSG let's hope they'll take Alba as well. Both clubs could use an upgrade at LB position and he'll be totally lost without his amigo. I'd sell him even for 10-15m just to offload his wages.

Bring Gaya as a starter, keep Firpo as a backup for another year (unless we'll get a very good offer for him which I doubt) and see how Balde will develop in Barca B.

Andresito

Staff member
If Messi goes to City/PSG let's hope they'll take Alba as well. Both clubs could use an upgrade at LB position and he'll be totally lost without his amigo. I'd sell him even for 10-15m just to offload his wages.

Bring Gaya as a starter, keep Firpo as a backup for another year (unless we'll get a very good offer for him which I doubt) and see how Balde will develop in Barca B.

Getting 10m for a soon 32 year old Alba would be good business, it's not 'even'.

Messi983

Yeah, I'd let him go for free tbh. But I doubt he'd ever want to leave.

The same for Busi.

OTOH it would be good if we could "cover" the signing of Gaya by selling Alba (a difference in transfer fee would be covered by lower wages).

I just don't think bringing Gaya and keeping Alba makes any sense. Alba will still be a starter, Gaya won't play much and he'll want to leave before Alba's contract will expire. Better keep Firpo then, he's good enough for a backup.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Can't believe he's gonna be available for just 15M this summer and we might not even go for him. Getting this guy in and promoting Balde while getting rid of both Alba and obviously Firpo would be a dream come true, as far as our LB business goes. Improving our options all while probably even making a profit, since Firpo alone should fetch us 10M, and Alba probably double that.

But I'd even be content about leaving Balde in the B team for another year or two, but only IF Koeman or whoever the new coach may be would give Gaya a fair chance of overtaking Alba in the starting lineup, cause I think it would happen pretty quickly in that case. But I do think Alba's toxic attitude and him being completely delusional about still being one of the best LBs in the world would bring trouble in the squad sooner than later if he wasn't a starter anymore, so getting rid of him right away and bringing in Gaya as the direct replacement would be better, especially if the new Board also feel that Balde is really ready to be promoted already.

Really hoping our new president makes defense a priority in the summer, especially that left side, and not let this cut price on Gaya slip through our fingers. Especially since our right side is pretty well covered and even quality, especially if we were also to keep Emerson. (Dest and Emerson (Roberto) for RB, Araujo and Pique for CB, but hopefully Pique is more realistic than Alba and ready to be Araujo's back up, that way I would mind him staying at the club for one more season).

Home of Barca Fans