Jose Luis Gaya

vuji_31

Gaya is decent.

lphinso Davies is one in million.
Don't hope every player they get will be soo cheap but good

Messi983

Anyone worried about the Valencia firesale and Rodrigo becoming an option again.

TBH I would prefer Rodrigo for 20m over Lautaro for 100m.

Give him a 3-year contract, ship Suarez off next year and bring Haaland or another younger striker. Rodrigo can be a good backup and and could step in if a new striker will struggle to adapt in his first season.

Last edited:

Messi983

Won't happen but just for the lulz I'd offer 30-40m for Gaya, Kondogbia and Rodrigo. With their firesale Lim might actually accept, lol.

Yeah, none of them is worldclass and wouldn't be a starter but we would clearly improve overall quality and depth of the team for a cheap. Gaya is an improvement over Firpo and Rodrigo is better than MB. OTOH Kondogbia fits that more physical profile midfielder we don't have. We could probably sell Firpo, MB and Vidal for around the same amount if not more.

Just don't give them crazy wages and we can easily sell them in a year or two when/if we find better players in their positions.

Vilarrubi

Won't happen but just for the lulz I'd offer 30-40m for Gaya, Kondogbia and Rodrigo. With their firesale Lim might actually accept, lol.

Yeah, none of them is worldclass and wouldn't be a starter but we would clearly improve overall quality and depth of the team for a cheap. Gaya is an improvement over Firpo and Rodrigo is better than MB. OTOH Kondogbia fits that more physical profile midfielder we don't have. We could probably sell Firpo, MB and Vidal for around the same amount if not more.

Just don't give them crazy wages and we can easily sell them in a year or two when/if we find better players in their positions.

Could probably sell Firpo for more than we’d buy Gaya for too.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, these players are easily worth more than 30-40mil. Suicide mission going in Valencia. Very sad.

Porque

TBH I would prefer Rodrigo for 20m over Lautaro for 100m.

Give him a 3-year contract, ship Suarez off next year and bring Haaland or another younger striker. Rodrigo can be a good backup and and could step in if a new striker will struggle to adapt in his first season.

Yeah. As a backup instead of Braithwaite then sure, while we wait on the striker market a season.

How about Kang-in Lee? Is he better than Kubo.

Devils

I've been scouting Pervis Estupinan for awhile now. Far better choice than Walmart Jordi Alba!

Messi983

How about Kang-in Lee? Is he better than Kubo.

Kubo has shown more so far but I think their ceilling is at around the same level. Kubo is in a better position to fully develop his potential right now imo but we'll see how next season will go for both of them.

I wouldn't bring Kang-In to Barca now. We don't need another young winger. If available for let's say less than 20m I wouldn't mind buying and loaning him for a season or two and see how he'll develop but we can't afford that in our current position.

I've been scouting Pervis Estupinan for awhile now. Far better choice than Walmart Jordi Alba!

I like Estupinan too and he's apparently also Setien's prefered choice. Sadly it doesn't matter who we'll buy though as he'll sit behind Alba for 2-3 years.

In ideal world I'd sell Alba to United/City, loan Firpo (to increase his value if we won't get a good enough offer) and buy Alaba and Estupinan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Gaya is nothing like Alba. The kind of player I wouldn't be surprised to become one of the top LBs in the World in a different and less toxic environment like Valencia. Probably not Barca though lol.

gregorrin10

Considering the deep financial shit Valencia is in right now, it's beyond me why aren't we going for this guy like asap. We could probably get him for like 10M right now. At the same time put Alba up for sale, I'm sure we could get at least 40M for him from the PL. That's 30M profit right there that we could use for another signing. Add to that bringing back Cucurella or someone like Estupian for another 10M, while we offer Firpo in a swap deal in one of the deals. We need a complete overhaul in the LB position anyway.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah. As far as the LB market goes Gaya is as good of a replacement for Alba you can get. Very experienced and still a top talent that's not gotten to display his best at unstable Valencia. He's actually going to be Lucho's starting LB for Spain it seems. Perfect age of 25 that buys us time to find that WC talent everyone's craving, or see if Alejandro Balde can finally be it in 2-3 years.

Estupinan is going to be difficult due to being Non-EU.

You could also go in another direction with Atalanta LWB Gosens, but I don't know much about him and how good he is.

Devils

Some rumors we will go for Tagliafico too.

Whatever dawg...just get that little rat Alba put of the club.

Home of Barca Fans