Paco Alcácer

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we buy Griezmann who is going to be our backup striker? Griezmann?

To me Paco is more of a poacher, someone we might need in tight situations when we struggle to break down defense in our usual ways.

God Serena

Paco has been a decent back up. Much better than you try to make out.

A decent back up but just another mediocre player in a sea of them. Would never be considered Barca quality even for a role as a backup in past teams that weren't so heavily depleted beyond the starting XI.

behindbrowneyes

A decent back up but just another mediocre player in a sea of them. Would never be considered Barca quality even for a role as a backup in past teams that weren't so heavily depleted beyond the starting XI.

Delusional. In the '09 CL final we had Bojan, Gudjohnson and Pedro as striking options on our bench. In the '11 CL final we had just Bojan. I'll take Paco over Bojan and Gudjohnson anyday. Pedro is obviously better and was a young youth product back then.

We were after Dembélé before he joined Dortmund, because he preferred game time over sitting on the bench for MSN. Paco was like Robert's 7th or 8th choice because all the others didn't want to sit on the bench and preferred to play for a weaker team instead of joining Barcelona.

Good luck with finding a better back-up apart from promoting a La Masia-supertalent. How long was Morata willing to be a bench warmer in Madrid? One season and the only reason he came back was the buyback-option Real had. He himself didn't want to come back but had no choice.

Paco has scored 5 goals and provided 3 assists in 12 games. That's decent.

JamDav1982

He would have been good enough to be on bench in past. The crap like Deulofeu wouldn't have been.

vlad

I rate paco good enough to be back up option, he showed this season that he can help the team when he needs to, under lucho there was no system so it was harder for him.

No better strikers would be okay to sit on the bench like paco is, even pedro didnt want that.

gasgas

You want worldclass players to sit on our bench?

Devils

We're not going to get a better back-up striker than Paco.

Guys like Paco, Digne Jasper, Verm are about as good as back-up options as anyone could hope for in a team.

They are all very solid players that fit in well. We should be doing our best to keep these guys.

Joan

Guys like Paco, Digne Jasper, Verm are about as good as back-up options as anyone could hope for in a team.

They are all very solid players that fit in well. We should be doing our best to keep these guys.

agreed, Paco is very solid and would start in most of the la liga teams
Having Morata as a backup striker is rather an exception than a rule

God Serena

Delusional. In the '09 CL final we had Bojan, Gudjohnson and Pedro as striking options on our bench. In the '11 CL final we had just Bojan. I'll take Paco over Bojan and Gudjohnson anyday. Pedro is obviously better and was a young youth product back then.

We were after Dembélé before he joined Dortmund, because he preferred game time over sitting on the bench for MSN. Paco was like Robert's 7th or 8th choice because all the others didn't want to sit on the bench and preferred to play for a weaker team instead of joining Barcelona.

Good luck with finding a better back-up apart from promoting a La Masia-supertalent. How long was Morata willing to be a bench warmer in Madrid? One season and the only reason he came back was the buyback-option Real had. He himself didn't want to come back but had no choice.

Paco has scored 5 goals and provided 3 assists in 12 games. That's decent.

He would have been good enough to be on bench in past. The crap like Deulofeu wouldn't have been.

I rate paco good enough to be back up option, he showed this season that he can help the team when he needs to, under lucho there was no system so it was harder for him.

No better strikers would be okay to sit on the bench like paco is, even pedro didnt want that.

You want worldclass players to sit on our bench?

So many people desperate to defend Paco without paying even the slightest bit of attention to what my original comment was in response to. Signing Griezmann would likely spell the end for Paco. Replacing a mediocre backup with a top class signing who can start for us and push Suarez to that first backup spot is far better than having a mediocre backup. Sorry if that gets you guys all upset.

JamDav1982

So many people desperate to defend Paco without paying even the slightest bit of attention to what my original comment was in response to. Signing Griezmann would likely spell the end for Paco. Replacing a mediocre backup with a top class signing who can start for us and push Suarez to that first backup spot is far better than having a mediocre backup. Sorry if that gets you guys all upset.

More in response to how wrong you have constantly been about Paco for me and you using it to have a go again.

Sorry if that gets you upset.

God Serena

More in response to how wrong you have constantly been about Paco for me and you using it to have a go again.

Sorry if that gets you upset.

I wasn't wrong about Paco at all, never mind "Constantly". His first season it took him until January/February just to score a goal and he was almost invisible for the entire length of every game he played. He's obviously much better now after being given a massive amount of time to come good no matter how dreadful he was but he's still hovering right above mediocre and if signing a top forward pushes him out I have no qualms with that.

JamDav1982

I wasn't wrong about Paco at all, never mind "Constantly". His first season it took him until January/February just to score a goal and he was almost invisible for the entire length of every game he played. He's obviously much better now after being given a massive amount of time to come good no matter how dreadful he was but he's still hovering right above mediocre and if signing a top forward pushes him out I have no qualms with that.

You have argued at length about how shit Paco is and be better off with Munir/Sandro or Deulofeu than him.

Not wrong about that?

All completely wrong and you cant seem to accept it and just keep having sly digs about Paco despite him being a good back up since got up to speed in the club.

Home of Barca Fans