Lliga: FC Barcelona - Granada C.F 6-0

L

linetty

Calm your tits down, Granada didn't even try. We put up a good show but this game is no indication of what can happen against the likes of PSG.

serghei

Excellent game, and one that shows Xavi would've helped against Malaga. A couple of things for Lucho to understand, and one is the massive influence Alves has in our offensive play -- especially regarding his connection with Messi, which has been an asset for this team since 2008. I don't want to see Douglas or Montoya in any difficult games this season.

Impressed by the collective pressing, by Messi (amazing performance, he even made pressing) and by Alves' much improved fitness level. Overall, quality response after a massive failure on that swamp that was La Rosaleda.

Mitchell1978

Calm your tits down, Granada didn't even try. We put up a good show but this game is no indication of what can happen against the likes of PSG.

true, Granada looked very weak today, but barça deserves some credit as Granada had only conceded 3 goals before this game in 5 games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Granada only conceded three goals before this game and won against Athletic and drew against Villarreal.

L

linetty

But they were all over the place today. 20 games at CN, 20 losses. That must have ringed in their heads.

Bucky

Penya Member
Im gonna open the PSG match thread.

Haha please do!

Yes yes, it was against Granada BUT they did crumble after parking it for a good majority of the game. I missed the first 13mins thanks to some bs law in the UK which is the first time I've seen it so far this season =S

Anyway, I thought it was a great display from the team. Mathieu is a beast. I've got a serious man crush on Rakitic but would like more link up play with Messi, Iniesta & Xavi from him. There was some sloppy passes but can't call out who it was.

Not liking the wing play but I suppose we have to try other tactics to break teams down, however I do agree that we need to cut them down and create more chances through the centre.

Granada did gift us 2 goals to be honest for Neymar & Messi.

Messi struck a beautiful cross for Rakitic to score a header off of and Alves' 20th odd cross I believe it was? Found Messi for him to head that home too.

There was a few try hard attempts at flair passing namely by Adriano that didn't come off that looked quite embarrassing.

Overall it was a much better performance; definitely have to up the tempo, contain and press PSG.

Irish_Cules

I meant to record the match but i double clicked the record button or something.

Can somebody sum up how the performance was? Noticable strengths/weaknesses? How the team attacked? Standout performers?

PhilS

I meant to record the match but i doble clicked the record button or something.

Can somebody sum up how the performance was? Noticable strengths/weaknesses? How the team attacked? Standout performers?

It's hard to identify any weaknesses in this game, the team was just fantastic. This is the Neymar we have been expecting. This is the old Xavi. Not even Mathieu's mother thought he would be this good with this team.

We need to appreciate and enjoy how well the core players are playing this season, rather than be depressed because of those who being beaten out. After Suarez joins, Munir will get the sub/rotation minutes at forward. Xavi has to be the pick behind both Iniesta and Rak. Masc will almost always be on the field. You have to play Pique before Bartra. Adriano adds much more than the 4. 5 & 6 FBs. You only need one keeper, Bravo has grabbed the job.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
You have to play Pique before Bartra.

147.gif

Home of Barca Fans