Claudio Bravo

spark

Yoel started 35 games in the league for Celta despite equal talents like Sergio or Ruben Blanco being there.. He didn't rotate Steklenberg either. If he chooses to rotate goalkeepers now for the first time since coaching teams in the topflight it wouldn't make sense. I cant see it happening.

suckabov

Lemon curry?

9:20: "That's something you can do in the reserves, but not in the first team."

I don't think he expects Bravo to be the first keeper, or challenge for it. They probably just want normal comeptition you have at every club, for every position (esp. because MAtS is new to the club). But of course the press writes about fights and competition now because they've been against MAtS from the start anyway. Not to mention he'd proably win any battle with ease anyway.

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
Thanks but no thanks. Pool can keep him, and continue to pay his wages if he's so ace. Hating on Bravo seem to be the latest fad here.

its no hate, i haven't seen enough to mindlessly hate but no 31 gk is worth that amount...not even casilas.

JamDav1982

How much was the contract offered to Valdes?

Sure I read over 200k a week for five years.

If that is the case the transfer fees and wages of both Ter Stegen and Bravo would be covered by the wages offered to Valdes over the five years?

Meaning that these fees are not taken from the transfer budget as this was money originally put aside for Valdes contract?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
How much was the contract offered to Valdes?

Sure I read over 200k a week for five years.

If that is the case the transfer fees and wages of both Ter Stegen and Bravo would be covered by the wages offered to Valdes over the five years?

Meaning that these fees are not taken from the transfer budget as this was money originally put aside for Valdes contract?

Perhaps you're not familiar with the concept of opportunity cost. Even if this money comes from the past and/or would be salary of Valdes, it is still money used on someone that could have been used on someone else.

Bravo is not a €10m GK.

JamDav1982

Perhaps you're not familiar with the concept of opportunity cost. Even if this money comes from the past and/or would be salary of Valdes, it is still money used on someone that could have been used on someone else.

Bravo is not a €10m GK.

I think you missed the point......

It is irrelevant who the money is spent on, I was questioning whether this money will be deducted from transfer budget if total cost of these two transfers/wages less than was ear marked for Valdes.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think you missed the point......

It is irrelevant who the money is spent on, I was questioning whether this money will be deducted from transfer budget if total cost of these two transfers/wages less than was ear marked for Valdes.

It does reduce because the savings on Valdes could have been added to the transfer budget. Now, you spent the savings on a pretty average keeper. No way to positive spin this.

JamDav1982

It does reduce because the savings on Valdes could have been added to the transfer budget. Now, you spent the savings on a pretty average keeper. No way to positive spin this.

Eh?

In what way am I trying to 'positively spin this'?

I was asking question as to whether this transfer will affect the transfer budget.

Whether the transfer is good or bad is irrelevant to the question.

F

Flavia

Back to Bravo,

If rumours are to be believed he's being brought to fight for the starting spot, and not as a back-up (an assurance the player sought before he agreed to join). Apparently, Lucho intends to rotate his 3 keepers like he did at Barca b. Bravo could yet emerge as our #1, thus justifying the figures. I don't see the merits of rotating keepers at the top level, as its a position that demands stability, and that can't be had by being in and out of the team. But I'm not Lucho so what do I know.

If that was the case, than Bravo is a bad choice. he's not good enough to be #1 for Barça. If lucho wants them to fight for the #1, then it should be willy or keylor.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Eh?

In what way am I trying to 'positively spin this'?

I was asking question as to whether this transfer will affect the transfer budget.

Whether the transfer is good or bad is irrelevant to the question.

I didn't say you were positive spinning it, that was just a general comment as to the deal.

zanela

If that was the case, than Bravo is a bad choice. he's not good enough to be #1 for Barça. If lucho wants them to fight for the #1, then it should be willy or keylor.

TS is zubi's signing, that much is clear. Now after the arrival of our new manager, if we've gone ahead and signed a more experienced keeper for similar amount, it certainly couldn't have been without the manager requesting or sanctioning it. This would imply that Lucho either doesn't rate the youngster or think he's atm ready to be solely relied on. I don't know the grounds on which willy/keylor were disregarded. But I think this one is on Lucho.

F

Flavia

TS is zubi's signing, that much is clear. Now after the arrival of our new manager, if we've gone ahead and signed a more experienced keeper for similar amount, it certainly couldn't have been without the manager requesting or sanctioning it. This would imply that Lucho either doesn't rate the youngster or think he's atm ready to be solely relied on. I don't know the grounds on which willy/keylor were disregarded. But I think this one is on Lucho.

MD says he was also chosen by Zubi. Maybe he doesn't really want competition for MAtS. Just an ok backup.

SwiftGuyver

he is a GK who has nearly 80 caps for his national team, has over 200 La Liga appearances and is good at playing out from the back...

decent backup GK for us IMO...

Home of Barca Fans