Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
England were good? Yeah this time they were able to string more than 3 passes together unlike at the Euros bit in the final 3rd they have no creativity at all.

And the defense~less said the better

pEllee

We desperately need to find a decent defensive midfielder somewhere. There will be calls for Hodgson to go, but I honestly don't see any obvious English replacements.

I hear this Michael Carrick guy is pretty good...

What you need is a good coach that doesn't play the same old rigid football. I know, he did pick more attacking players and he changed the formation but it's still an illusion. Make no mistake, they're still a very rigid and cautious team out there because that's how they're coached by Roy. The midfielders as well as the fullbacks are very cautious in their movement and too much responsibility is placed on the front four who are expected to produce individual magic.

And no, I can't think of any good English coaches out there that are suited to the task.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
I expected a lot more from England this year.. they really let my expectations down... i should have known better
Suarez superhero

onzeXI

I hear this Michael Carrick guy is pretty good...

What you need is a good coach that doesn't play the same old rigid football. I know, he did pick more attacking players and he changed the formation but it's still an illusion. Make no mistake, they're still a very rigid and cautious team out there because that's how they're coached by Roy. The midfielders as well as the fullbacks are very cautious in their movement and too much responsibility is placed on the front four who are expected to produce individual magic.

And no, I can't think of any good English coaches out there that are suited to the task.

My eyes must have been playing a trick on me when I saw Johnson and Baines going forward so often. They were anything but cautious. I didn't think Roy was conservative at all in the 2 games.

FC B

England did not deserve to go out.

Imo England is still the most overrated NT ever so for it is not a big surprise they almost go out for good after only two games, both lost.

RM will be a scary team if they get suarez.

2 goals with only one valid leg lol

Agreed. I hope Barca will go after him and finally acquire the guy ! I guess he'll be a very good fit for Barca.

I just love how Suarez scored 2 goals against his team right after Roy Hodgson said he is not a world class player :lol:

:lol::lucho:

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
1_zps3f903a14.png

spot on.

-------------------gerrard------------------
--henderson---------------wilshere/lallana--
----------------sterling/barkley------------
------------sturridge---rooney -------------

england did nothing on the wings. diamond with licence for baines to go forward.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
In a midfield 3 Gerrard would still be shit for England. He needs to retire from international football after this.

L

linetty

England were never meant to make it further with Hodgson.

Italy-Costa Rica today, great match coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans