Best position for Messi

Were woud you use Messi?

• Total voters

Mitchell1978

Would be intresting to see hum play in a 2-striker system where you would have a tall striker help create some room for him, could be great.

Ghost

Leo can play great in any position. Maybe not so much RW lately because he lost some pace, but at his peak, he was excellent.

Alarcón

I wouldn't mind trying him as attacking midfielder but be aware of the consequences:

1. Either Iniesta is dropped or he won't be used to his strengths as he'll be a central rather than an attacking midfielder
2. We will lack even more movement and defensive contribution as the farther behind a player is, the more defensive-minded he has to be; Messi's lack of defensive contribution has usually been ok for the last few years because he's the lone striker

If you want him playing on the wing, it will lead to him being less involved and this is always a bad thing, or you could make him an AM/RW hybrid but then the right back has to be very offensive and fill in on the right for Messi

In my opinion, the best way is to keep Messi in his current position and try for him to have more movement and be more involved. I don't see the other options working better than the current system.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't mind trying him as attacking midfielder but be aware of the consequences:

1. Either Iniesta is dropped or he won't be used to his strengths as he'll be a central rather than an attacking midfielder
2. We will lack even more movement and defensive contribution as the farther behind a player is, the more defensive-minded he has to be; Messi's lack of defensive contribution has usually been ok for the last few years because he's the lone striker

If you want him playing on the wing, it will lead to him being less involved and this is always a bad thing, or you could make him an AM/RW hybrid but then the right back has to be very offensive and fill in on the right for Messi

In my opinion, the best way is to keep Messi in his current position and try for him to have more movement and be more involved. I don't see the other options working better than the current system.

We should play Messi like he plays for the NT that's his best position

zanela

Messi is the only player (and DiMaria to an extent) who don't 've a fixed position for the NT. He roams behind the forwards mainly in a creative role.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Messi's Role in the NT is a sort of Hybrid CAM/RF/RW but for that to work he needs a good strike force ahead of him something severly lacking here in Barca

Home of Barca Fans