Ivan Rakitić

raskolnikov

I have a feeling, that current squad would be perfect for the 4-2-3-1 formation. We have midfielders that are suited for it, except Iniesta, who could perform as a side playmaker.

So something like this

Mats
Semedo-pique-Umtiti-Alba
Rakitic-Busquets
Dembele-messi-iniesta
Suarez

Looks solid on paper but I dont know if it works out On the pitch.maybe bob as rmf and Dembele on the left. Iniesta in a xavi 2015 roll to sub in and for rotations/control.

Last edited:

Judoman

So something like this

Mats
Semedo-pique-Umtiti-Alba
Rakitic-Busquets
Dembele-messi-iniesta
Suarez

Looks solid on paper but I dont know if it works out On the pitch.maybe bob as rmf and Dembele on the left. Iniesta in a xavi 2015 roll to sub in and for rotations/control.

Something like this, yes. The bulk of our midfielders is of the control/work horse type, which works in 4-2-3-1, because the creativity is moved up, along with one more player. I know Iniesta had left wing apperances, but i m
not sure how he, on the left wing, would affect our defense.

aaron101

Busquets and iniesta played in a 4-2-3-1 in the 2010 world cup. Busquets had Xabi alonso next to him, so maybe Rakitic could play well there

However, I'd prefer Griezmann in the starting XI of a 4-2-3-1 as he would have more energy to help out in defense like he does in Atletico. Roberto wouldn't be a bad option there as well

This team could work great, but it would require Dembele and Griezmann to help out in defense
3KDf4VH.png

It is an eyesore to see Rakitic in that lineup.

Raketa10

Busquets and iniesta played in a 4-2-3-1 in the 2010 world cup. Busquets had Xabi alonso next to him, so maybe Rakitic could play well there

However, I'd prefer Griezmann in the starting XI of a 4-2-3-1 as he would have more energy to help out in defense like he does in Atletico. Roberto wouldn't be a bad option there as well

This team could work great, but it would require Dembele and Griezmann to help out in defense
3KDf4VH.png

Coutinho could also be a great solution on that LW.

Judoman

I would prefer Coutinho, because he is younger at similar price and can also play CAM. Rakitic would have much more impact in this lineup.

gregorrin10

Even though i'd like Eriksen and/or Jorginho even more, this would be worth it to get rid of Rakitić alone. Much better to give 100M and get rid of Raki, while we're at it, than to crazy overpay for 150M+. While Rakitić, Arda, Gomes and Rafinha have no place in this team for me anymore...the latter two never getting to the required quality or stay healthy long enough to do it, while the other two have been crap for an exception of maybe one season the whole time they were playing here...not to mention they're coming into the wrong side of their 20s...they have nothing more to offer us. Time to go after 2 new midfielders under 26 at least, or just promote Alena and bring back Samper and give them both important roles in the team.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Raki will not go. He is one of our most important players and a safe pick for the coach. I would like us to have another option too considering how he is playing this season (and also his inconsistency last season) but we will have to continue with him as an undisputed starter.
No way anybody is thinking about letting him go.

Considering his performances I hope Raki gets a new spark somehow. He seems satisfied and I think that is the reason he is under performing. He is no Busi or Iniesta but talent wise he belongs into the team.

Neymessi

Raki will not go. He is one of our most important players and a safe pick for the coach. I would like us to have another option too considering how he is playing this season (and also his inconsistency last season) but we will have to continue with him as an undisputed starter.
No way anybody is thinking about letting him go.

Considering his performances I hope Raki gets a new spark somehow. He seems satisfied and I think that is the reason he is under performing. He is no Busi or Iniesta but talent wise he belongs into the team.

Couldn't have disagreed more. He is far from important for us and even putting him on bench isn't benificial. Having options like him when on the bench we need goals is terrible. He will only slow down the game with his speed and traditional safe passes if you sub him in.

He was never barca-level, not now nor when he was bought. He gave one good season and has been doing defensive duties ever since to cover his attacking flaws. He was never half a busi or inesta on his best day but thats not the issue. The issue is that he simply isn't good enough to be a starter for barca right now. He goes into any other top team apart from barca and he will be miles away from the starting spot.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am in a good mood today so won't be a prick when I see him start vs. Leganes (Valverde said strongest 11 will play).
There still some hope (however low) that he actually wants to fight for Barca shirt. Saw some glimpses in recent matches so mind as well hope for the best.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Couldn't have disagreed more. He is far from important for us and even putting him on bench isn't benificial. Having options like him when on the bench we need goals is terrible. He will only slow down the game with his speed and traditional safe passes if you sub him in.

He was never barca-level, not now nor when he was bought. He gave one good season and has been doing defensive duties ever since to cover his attacking flaws. He was never half a busi or inesta on his best day but thats not the issue. The issue is that he simply isn't good enough to be a starter for barca right now. He goes into any other top team apart from barca and he will be miles away from the starting spot.

As I said, I am not happy with his performances. Calling him important and a sure starter is just describing how the coach rates Raki. It is not my own opinion.

Home of Barca Fans