Ivan Rakitić

Judoman

No interest taking part in this discussion, but unless you're older than 38 years old you're a millennial too you know?

I see people in their late 20s and early 30s always use *millennial* to put down people as if they're supposed to be retarded or lacking in IQ and it always amuses me as they seem to be unaware of the fact that they are millennials themselves.

Don t worry, i m old enough and it s not about IQ, it s about atitude. But you are right, i shouldn t have used that word.

FCB1987

Banned
Busquets is the Reddit darling, not on here. You would probably get upvoted there for saying he's more important than Messi

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So being defensively better is about having more tackles +interceptions . Nice narrative to suit your argument as usual :lol: Nobody said that he is prime basti or anything like that . But it's evident that he defends better than all other midfielders in Barca squad . Why am i bringing defensive ability ? . If you compare offensive contribution last season ,Rakitic shits all over Busi again . Not even close . But then you will bring in filters like 'Rakitic didn't even had a season were he didn't gave 4-5 cute passes or the typical turns of Busi' . I won't be surprised if you use that as narrative to show that Busi was better in offense last season . My dear don andres , being better in defense is not about having better tackles +interceptions . Yeah cutting out the passing lanes , covering more ground , duels won, ariel battles , errors leading to goals everything matters . I like the way you are using tackles +interception data so that Busi gets the adavntage because Rakitic had more interceptions , duels wons , take ons last season . But i get that tackles + interception matters :p

In Cl Busquets was as bad as Rakitic was or as average as Rakitic was . He doesn't add anything more than what Rakitic offers in CL . He was important player in Pep's system . But at the moment i would pick Rakitic over him in a heartbeat looking at his form last season

Bruh, narrative?? :lol: :lol:. You asked me about "what defensive stats is Busi even better in" as if you knew you were right, and then I answered directly basically shitting on your entire premise. Busi has ALWAYS been superior to Rakitic in defensive stats. In fact if you came at me with this shit 7-8 months ago before Rakitic got the biggest, most random hype train ever then people would laugh at you. You want to make it seem like me answering your question directly is "manipulating some narrative". No it's not.

You brought up aerial duels, Rakitic has never had a season averaging more aerial duels than Busquets either. Again and again you try to shift the goalposts of the argument and get made a fool of every single time. I literally predicted that you would back away from your "defensive stats" argument when it was proven to be outstandingly wrong, and then veer into "oh but what Rakitic does goes so much beyond stats" zone. Which you then proceeded to do exactly, as if Rakitic has better IQ and defensive intangibles than Sergio freaking Busquets.

You're embarrassing yourself man. "Duels won" literally means tackles+aerial duels, Busquets is historically higher in both by some margin. Interceptions, also favors Busquets. Covering ground? Rakitic's supposed iron lungs are so overblown it's crazy, every CL game out there that publishes distance covered stats shows Busi running FAR more than Rakitic. Like 3-4km more. Also in the World Cup Busquets ran more km per game than Rakitic, 10.8km per game vs 10.3. Why is this? Because Rakitic is ALWAYS walking in attack, nonstop. And because people wildly overstate how much his workrate is on both ends.

So what exactly does your argument stand on? You made such a big deal out of performances and stats and could not be more wrong on either point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don t worry, i m old enough and it s not about IQ, it s about atitude. But you are right, i shouldn t have used that word.

Yeah, I mean believe me, I've seen young and older people say some crazy shit. Just peep into Barca reddit if you want to see for yourself. Don't think it's a particular age group, but more the case about people being......people lol

RMU ReBorn

Bruh, narrative?? :lol: :lol:. You asked me about "what defensive stats is Busi even better in" as if you knew you were right, and then I answered directly basically shitting on your entire premise. Busi has ALWAYS been superior to Rakitic in defensive stats. In fact if you came at me with this shit 7-8 months ago before Rakitic got the biggest, most random hype train ever then people would laugh at you. You want to make it seem like me answering your question directly is "manipulating some narrative". No it's not.

You brought up aerial duels, Rakitic has never had a season averaging more aerial duels than Busquets either. Again and again you try to shift the goalposts of the argument and get made a fool of every single time. I literally predicted that you would back away from your "defensive stats" argument when it was proven to be outstandingly wrong, and then veer into "oh but what Rakitic does goes so much beyond stats" zone. Which you then proceeded to do exactly, as if Rakitic has better IQ and defensive intangibles than Sergio freaking Busquets.

You're embarrassing yourself man. "Duels won" literally means tackles aerial duels, Busquets is historically higher in both by some margin. Interceptions, also favors Busquets. Covering ground? Rakitic's supposed iron lungs are so overblown it's crazy, every CL game out there that publishes distance covered stats shows Busi running FAR more than Rakitic. Like 3-4km more. Also in the World Cup Busquets ran more km per game than Rakitic, 10.8km per game vs 10.3. Why is this? Because Rakitic is ALWAYS walking in attack, nonstop. And because people wildly overstate how much his workrate is on both ends.

So what exactly does your argument stand on? You made such a big deal out of performances and stats and could not be more wrong on either point.
Busi being better than Rakitic in past is not even a point of debate . I was talking about last season bruh , Were Rakitic was clearly better than Busi in both defense and offense . You just can't deny that with just two metrics( tackles +interception) . There are lot of other factors which you deliberately excluded to prove that Busi was better defensively last season . Again why fooling everyone with fake stats ? Rakitic won more ariel duels last season . You seems to have mastered the art of posting fake stats to prove your theorys right . Lol ,i didn't said that Raki is beyond stats or anything like that . clearly i have mentioned the factors that should be considered to be better defensively . Not just interception tackles . Busquets must dig a hole and put his head inside that for being inferior to Raki in chances created , key passes , and other offensive stats despite Raki not having a better footballing IQ or Guardiolisque IQ . Again i won't be surprised if you bring fake stats again to prove that you are right :facepalm:

If i am wrong we play three tournaments and you seems to have stuck on CL because Barca has been shit there , so you can easily shit on Rakitic by saying that Busi offers more in Cl :lol: He is one of the players (Busi) who is slowing Barca attack considerably and any manager with proper brain cells would bench him if the squad has players like Vidal and Rakitic who suits better in the system . But yeah we will ignore the domestic double , Rakitic's contribution and it's all about Cl were entire squad was lethargic . Propaganda man , You are bloody good at it .

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Busquets is the Reddit darling, not on here. You would probably get upvoted there for saying he's more important than Messi
There were few folks in this forum who believed that he was important than Messi . However they might be hiding in some caves after last season were Messi carried us to the title and Busi was bang average . On current form he should be one of the players who shouldn't be given a guaranteed start . But then dude is gonna get a payrise and a contract till 2023 . :facepalm:

KingLeo10

RMU reborn repeatedly insists Xavi was more important than Messi for Barca in the Pep era. He has a history of wild opinions which would also be fine if he wasn't so tedious about it. Also has a huge obsession with Valverde who is as average/above average a manager as they come.

RMU ReBorn

RMU reborn repeatedly insists Xavi was more important than Messi for Barca in the Pep era. He has a history of wild opinions which would also be fine if he wasn't so tedious about it. Also has a huge obsession with Valverde who is as average/above average a manager as they come.
i would do the same even if you manage Barca tomorrow with your low IQ . Anyway nice to see you again Jamdav in a different ID . And Yes Xavi was the most important player in Pep's system

xXKonan

You know for all the shit people talk about Busi and his league of fanboys, The Rakitic Brigade has to be up there jesus fucking christ.

RMU ReBorn

You know for all the shit people talk about Busi and his league of fanboys, The Rakitic Brigade has to be up there jesus fucking christ.

stop tagging people as fan boys just because they defend them from unreal hate and bias . How long will you keep on doing this . I don't care about Rakitic or Busi ,i want to see Barca do well . For that Busquets is a liability and doesn't offer anything at all compared to Rakitic , who isn't Mackalele Illuminati himself but would do a better job at the moment than Busi . Sell Rakitic if we can bring in better players , don't care .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Busi being better than Rakitic in past is not even a point of debate . I was talking about last season bruh , werw Rakitic was clearly better than Busi in both defense and offense . You just can't deny that with just two metrics whicis tackles interception . There are lot of other factors which you deliberately excluded to prove that Busi was better defensively last season . Again why fooling everyone with fake stats ? Rakitic won more ariel duels last season . You seems to have mastered the art of posting fake stats to prove your theorys right . Lol ,i didn't said that Raki is beyond stats or anything like that . clearly i have mentioned the factors that should be considered to be better defensively . Not just interception tackles . Busquets must dig a hole and put his head inside that for being inferior to Raki in chances created , key passes , and other offensive stats despite Raki not having a better footballing IQ or Guardiolisque IQ . Again i won't be surprised if you bring fake stats again to prove that you are right :facepalm:

If i am wrong we play three tournaments and you seems to have stuck on CL because Barca has beens shit there , so you can easily shit on Rakitic by saying that Busi offers more in Cl :lol: He is one of the players who is slowing Barca attack considerably and any manager with proper brain cells would bench him if the squad has players like Vidal and Rakitic who suits better in the system . But yeah we will ignore the domestic double , Rakitic's contribution and it's all about Cl were entire squad was lethargic . Propaganda man , You are bloody good at it .

Fake stats? Propoganda?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/44721/History/Sergio-Busquets

Busquets in La liga 17/18 averaged 1.6 aerial duels per game. Rakitic averaged .7 aerial duels per game, less than half that. So you're the one with the fake stats. Busquets covered .5km per game more in the WC, which is the only comp i know of that has cumulative distance covered stats in recent history and is the most recent tournament that both of them played. And for that tournament Rakitic was seen as "fantastic" while Busquets was "shit, old, lazy" and yet he still covered more distance per game.

Key passes is completely irrelevant for Busquets. He doesn't ever play advanced up the pitch, he doesn't ever take set pieces like Rakitic does. He still manages to progress the ball more than Rakitic tho, despite those crosses/long balls every now and then that donate him a key pass. You said "all of the past doesn't matter, only last season", well Busquets defensive stats were clearly superior to Rakitic's last season in every single way. Tackles, interceptions, aerial duels won, tackling %, aerial duel %. La Liga doesn't record distance covered but I wouldn't be surprised if that was in Busquets favor too, contrary to the fraudulent belief that Rakitic is running rings around him in workrate.

Funny how you equated Rakitic to Modric in the WC too lol. He wasn't even as good as Mandzukic or Perisic, especially in the KO stages. Both of them have triple Rakitic's goals, scored them all in KO stages and not group, they both had assists unlike Rakitic. Both of them were practically level with Rakitic in tackles/interception contribution, both of them also had the same or more distance covered per game than Rakitic. Mandzukic had more than double the aerial duels per game. Both excelled especially in the KO stages where Rakitic was only good against Russia and relatively poor against both England and France. Scoring the last pen in those 2 pen shootouts have created insane revisionism for his WC performance.

No player gets hyped up as much as Rakitic does for doing so little. The way people talk about him here you'd think he was a top 5 midfielder and top 10 Balon worthy candidate, dude is one of the big problems in our squad along with Suarez, Pique, Alba, and Busi.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans