Ivan Rakitić

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Of course we are not anymore in the era of xavi-iniesta and we are not asking that much. But to be succesful in the long term a minimum of control is needed. If not we will get destroyed when facing the top dogs. Paulinho can't provide that and untill then even a 50 old man rakitic is still a better option.

Paulinhi profil is perfect against weaker sides or as sub.

Controlling possession is not necessary for success, it's been shown alot in recent football

dakt

I know he's my countryman, but I can't watch him anymore. I get pissed off every time he has the ball. That's not good for my health. He and Suarez....uuuughhhhh

FCBfan22

Tonight he played as: CDM, RCM (after Paulinho sub) and CAM (after Vidal sub). He was shit in all 3 positions, although he was the least shit in CDM, because you don't need much speed and he can tackle a bit. But still when he was playing there, he was moving to the attack too much and leaving the defence exposed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe a backup DM is a role for him now.

Or just drop him completely for a game or two. It could help motivate him more.

dakt

Ask 50 or 60M if possible in today's market and get someone who can actually create some space, run and pass more useful balls and the game will be transformed. He's just not capable of such play.
He will always look good in the game where the team will dominate because he'll have more space and time for his long passes and guts to run forward and ask for balls more often. Otherwise, he's dull and invisible.
I don't believe that motivation is the problem here..

Home of Barca Fans