Ivan Rakitić

Nazario1985

So all these people died suddenly ? or are you just creating a bubble to invalidate everything not ok with your opinion ?

Different times.

From then till now they've got to witness probably the best football team there ever was , got to see another 4 CL title wins , lots of leagues won. When everything is shit they'll probably say , oh well at least they won a lot some years ago.

They're ok with mediocre football.

Or are you trying to say that no one is waving handkerchiefs because there's nothing to wave them for ? If that's the case , don't bother replying , LMAO.

Actually no, MD posted a link to it on their Twitter. They have 2.5 million Twitter followers, so it is most likely casual fans.

[tw]1202140482089799680[/tw]

Interestingly “barcacentre” on Twitter (who id argue has way more serious Barca fans than MD) posted a similar post asking who would leave in January out of those two, the comments are pretty conclusive if you read down, most want Rakitic to leave.

[tw]1202112296031416320[/tw]

I personally don't have a problem for both of them leaving but i don't trust the board to find the right guys for us instead of them.

Beside the barcacenter sample is too small and also Valverde & both are the popular answer :D

But because of Busi & Arthur being much younger one of them will leave

Vilarrubi

Beside the barcacenter sample is too small and also Valverde & both are the popular answer :D

Read it again, definitely way more commented Rakitic than Vidal.

Also never claimed it was the most accurate sample, just that "barcacentre" Twitter page is more likely to have serious Barca fans on it than MD which is a Spanish Sports newspaper with 2.5m followers.

Andresito

Staff member
Read it again, definitely way more commented Rakitic than Vidal.

Also never claimed it was the most accurate sample, just that "barcacentre" Twitter page is more likely to have serious Barca fans on it than MD which is a Spanish Sports newspaper with 2.5m followers.

Not that I disagree, but the mainstream opinion is that Rakitic should leave. And one might wonder how many of those BarcaCentre Twitter 'fans' are just bandwagoners, since it's more accepted to write Rakitic/Valverde out than Vidal out.

Vilarrubi

Not that I disagree, but the mainstream opinion is that Rakitic should leave. And one might wonder how many of those BarcaCentre Twitter 'fans' are just bandwagoners, since it's more accepted to write Rakitic/Valverde out than Vidal out.

Of course, I think the MD poll and that post should both be taken with a pinch of salt. Think most serious Barca fans agree, Rakitic CANNOT play in those big CL away games. By keeping him we run the risk of him regaining his spot by playing most La Liga games (which he does pretty well, especially at Camp Nou) and Valverde using this as a reason for him to start in CL. For that reason alone i'd rather him go, Vidal brings something different to the team too.

Neymessi

El Mundo Deportivo made a poll yesterday:
Whom would you let go in January: Rakitic or Vidal:

45% of voters (5032 votes) voted for Vidal to be sold
23% voted (2558 votes) for none to be sold
19% of voters (2128 votes) voted for Rakitic to be sold
13% voted for both to be sold

It seems that outside of this forum, an average Barca fan appreciates Rakitic more than Vidal.

You clearly don't know shit if you are using those stats to prove a point. Most of those polls have horrible results because of the fact that a lot of casuals having little information post there.

Plenty of your own opinions will be very different from the poll results there. You should maybe see the comments on there sometime about how clueless most of them are.

BBZ8800

Thanks.
I wanted to say the same.

Barcacentre fans are probably fans with the same ideas from Barcaforum.
You know, the classic:
EV bad.
Raki bad.
Amigos bad.
Youth good and ruined by an evil EV.

vinni

Imo, i hope they both stay the rest of the season. We actually have proper depth this year. If we sell raki, vidal or both, and dejong/arthur/busy gets injured, we would need to rely on alena and puig for the CL knockouts/La liga. Nothing wrong with them, but they are still unproven unlike raki and vidal.

Richard.H

One thing I've noticed between this forum/twitter/barca blaugranes/any other english speaking site and ACTUAL CATALAN SOURCES is that opinions can differ massively.

Rakitic is a fan favorite in Barcelona and Barca fans in spain are known to have great respect/admiration for players who were once great for the club. To most catalan fans, Vidal has been unproven at the club and doesn't have a treble like Raki does. It seems like they just don't pay attention as much to current form/performances as much as fans here do. A bit odd to me imo.

The Observer

What do you gain from hurling abuse at him? He's not at the level to be the main man in midfield for Barca, not even in his prime was he a "Barca midfielder". He still helped the team a lot alongside Iniesta and post Xavi to the best of his capablities and even scored in a CL final.

Also there weren't exactly any great alternatives to him last season which he kept on the bench unfairly (if he did, it would be on the coach anyway, not on Rakitic). Now with De Jong he is mainly on the bench.

He isn't exactly awful anyway. Not elite for Barca's game but still a good player overall.

So there is 0 logic in abusing the guy, there rarely is for any player tbh, not even the Douglases. Douglas didn't buy himself for Barca nor did he play himself, so being awful and still getting bought and played is 0 % his fault.

If anything Rakitic should be abused (or rather laughed at) for his weird "midgets-gays" comments.

The average 15 year old shittalking Social Media Barca fan from abroad might not grasp this. The local fans who have followed the club for decades do. So no one in the stadium will boo this team and its veterans.

Zidane82

What do you gain from hurling abuse at him? He's not at the level to be the main man in midfield for Barca, not even in his prime was he a "Barca midfielder". He still helped the team a lot alongside Iniesta and post Xavi to the best of his capablities and even scored in a CL final.

Also there weren't exactly any great alternatives to him last season which he kept on the bench unfairly (if he did, it would be on the coach anyway, not on Rakitic). Now with De Jong he is mainly on the bench.

He isn't exactly awful anyway. Not elite for Barca's game but still a good player overall.

So there is 0 logic in abusing the guy, there rarely is for any player tbh, not even the Douglases. Douglas didn't buy himself for Barca nor did he play himself, so being awful and still getting bought and played is 0 % his fault.

If anything Rakitic should be abused (or rather laughed at) for his weird "midgets-gays" comments.

The average 15 year old shittalking Social Media Barca fan from abroad might not grasp this. The local fans who have followed the club for decades do. So no one in the stadium will boo this team and its veterans.

He’s ineffective at best and as such he’s complete irrelevance

Richard.H

I don't think anyone here is "hurling abuse at him". It's just that he's not up to the Barca level anymore which fans around the world can see. It's also ridiculous that Catalan/Spanish fans voted to get rid of Vidal instead of Raki. One contributes something to Barca while the other one hasn't for about two seasons now.

There's no doubt that Raki was a key player in that 2015 treble team. 2015 is four years ago. If this club lives in the past, we might as well be the next AC Milan.

Laplacian

I don't think anyone here is "hurling abuse at him". It's just that he's not up to the Barca level anymore which fans around the world can see. It's also ridiculous that Catalan/Spanish fans voted to get rid of Vidal instead of Raki. One contributes something to Barca while the other one hasn't for about two seasons now.

There's no doubt that Raki was a key player in that 2015 treble team. 2015 is four years ago. If this club lives in the past, we might as well be the next AC Milan.

This club used to be so ruthless. A season or two of mediocrity and you were shipped out, even if you're a legend (ronaldinho). Now players like rakitic are able to extend their lifeline for years despite playing like shit simply because they've 'been a good servant for the club."

When did we become a bunch of nannies for soon to be retirees?

Rory

This club used to be so ruthless. A season or two of mediocrity and you were shipped out, even if you're a legend (ronaldinho). Now players like rakitic are able to extend their lifeline for years despite playing like shit simply because they've 'been a good servant for the club."

When did we become a bunch of nannies for soon to be retirees?

I think it's partly because the board are shit scared of shaking things up because they know whilst they have messi they should be challenging for all titles every year. They stick with these old timers because they've all managed to win a lot together even if the last ucl win was 5 years ago. They're not willing to have results dip below winning a trophy for one year to integrate new players even if long term it provides much better results and stability.

Home of Barca Fans