Votes: 53 44.5%
  • Ribery

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Messi

Votes: 48 40.3%

• Total voters

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There is more to a player than goals as you well know, you're going to have to come up with more than that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

:lol: what kind of perspective is that? You're implying like this is Messi's award to lose and that Ronaldo has to go to hell and back to topple him off his throne. This is a yearly basis award, anyone's to take, and Ronaldo has done more than Messi this year therefore it's his to take. Your entire viewpoint is as if the award simply belongs to Messi as default and that Ronaldo has to prove something on irrationally grand standards to change that. You never fail to show defensive Barca-bias do you?

ebc_99

:lol: what kind of perspective is that? You're implying like this is Messi's award to lose and that Ronaldo has to go to hell and back to topple him off his throne. This is a yearly basis award, anyone's to take, and Ronaldo has done more than Messi this year therefore it's his to take. Your entire viewpoint is as if the award simply belongs to Messi as default and that Ronaldo has to prove something on irrationally grand standards to change that. You never fail to show defensive Barca-bias do you?

The award is for the best player of the year and that has been Messi. Ronaldo has not done more, Barca won the league largely due to Messi and Argentina qualified for the world cup easily again largely due to Messi. There was many reasons why Portugal were in the playoffs and one of them was Ronaldos poor performances.

I don't know how you can say Ronaldo has done more, nobody was saying this a month ago and rightly so, he didn't deserve it then and he doesn't deserve it now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The award is for the best player of the year and that has been Messi. Ronaldo has not done more, Barca won the league largely due to Messi and Argentina qualified for the world cup easily again largely due to Messi. There was many reasons why Portugal were in the playoffs and one of them was Ronaldos poor performances.

I don't know how you can say Ronaldo has done more, nobody was saying this a month ago and rightly so, he didn't deserve it then and he doesn't deserve it now.

Internationally, Messi does outweigh Ronaldo's accomplishments as an individual. At club level, no. Barca won the league and Messi led them to it, but Ronaldo performed more consistently for Madrid it's just that the rest of his team couldn't keep up. He performed at the highest stages against the biggest of teams putting in performances that inspired his team to win even when the other players were lagging behind. Messi could have done better, had he been completely fit, but that isn't the case. There's not much that Messi has done this year as an individual player that is better than Ronaldo.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
CR has performed better individually than Messi since the last award was handed out. He deserves it. There's a case for Ribery too and he might win because of Bayerns success but I feel Ronaldo has done more individually even if his team didn't win.

Speaking objectively it should be CR or ribery with messi in third

Cule4life

The Culest

what-he-said.gif

CR has performed better individually than Messi since the last award was handed out. He deserves it. There's a case for Ribery too and he might win because of Bayerns success but I feel Ronaldo has done more individually even if his team didn't win.

Speaking objectively it should be CR or ribery with messi in third

Ribery has not been better than Messi individually this season. He deserves to be third.

I agree that Ronaldo should win it, but Messi winning it wouldn't exactly be a crime. It's gonna be close imo.

ivan22

I don't see Messi winning it so here's hoping for Ribery. But being completely realistic I think Cristiano will win it. The fanboys are pissing me off already, my Feeds will explode!

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I've kind of resigned to the fact that people have short memories and will forget a La Liga, Uefa Super Cup, Golden Shoe and 20 some odd records from last season and will only focus on his recent injuries and current CR lightening form.

CR will probably win it.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Messi and Ronaldo both performed great this year but IMO Messi still had the better of it. He is the reason Argentina finished top of their group, he is the reason Barca won La Liga at a canter, scoring more goals than Ronaldo, providing more assists and putting in more man of the match performances. Ronaldo shaded Messi in the Champions League from a goals/assists point of view due to Messi being injured and he still didn't come close to a performance like Messi put in against AC Milan in the 2nd leg.

The only reason people are saying Ronaldo deserves it more than Messi is due to his heroics against Sweden, a game which if Ronaldo/Portugal had performed better in the group stages, wouldn't have even been played.

In summary.

Messi scored more goals per game than Ronaldo in 2013.
Messi provided more assists per game than Ronaldo in 2013.
Messi produced more MotM performances than Ronaldo in 2013.
Messi won more trophies than Ronaldo in 2013.

So why does Ronaldo deserve it more? Does not compute. And as far as Ribery is concerned the only thing he outperformed Messi in last year was his trophy haul.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans