Timo Werner

LABarcaFan

I meant that Werner is dumbish, not Willian.

Don't you think that many soccer fans can call you the same, after they read your antic sentence?
Sometime, I have the feeling that this forum is full of teenagers, who have zero knowledge from this game.It is really dumbish to call the best striker in Europe with that name.

snowy

Dumbish or Genius, all I know is that dude is lightning quick, good poacher, excellent at making runs behind defence and a very good finisher. Play him with Leo and other awesome passers like Ziyech or Sancho and Barca goal tally would immediately climb up a few notches. Who knows, even Demb could regain his great form and with this dude upfront, he'd actually have a target man those times he was able to break free.

With him, Demb, Ansu, Firpo, Alba, Dej, Puig, Perez, Sem... our team will be pretty damn fast!

LABarcaFan

Dumbish or Genius, all I know is that dude is lightning quick, good poacher, excellent at making runs behind defence and a very good finisher. Play him with Leo and other awesome passers like Ziyech or Sancho and Barca goal tally would immediately climb up a few notches. Who knows, even Demb could regain his great form and with this dude upfront, he'd actually have a target man those times he was able to break free.

With him, Demb, Ansu, Firpo, Alba, Dej, Puig, Perez, Sem... our team will be pretty damn fast!

You are absolutely right about Werner. He is the best finisher at the moment in Europe.
Hakim Ziyech from Ajax is the player we also need. In 16 games so far, he has 5 goals and ... 12 assists ( the most in Europe) He plays as a RW. Insert A.Fati as a LW and move Messi as a play-maker, just behind Timo Werner and you will have the best attacking quartet in the World. Dembele and Griezman will watch this guys playing from very close.... from Barcelona's benches.

snowy

You are absolutely right about Werner. He is the best finisher at the moment in Europe.
Hakim Ziyech from Ajax is the player we also need. In 16 games so far, he has 5 goals and ... 12 assists ( the most in Europe) He plays as a RW. Insert A.Fati as a LW and move Messi as a play-maker, just behind Timo Werner and you will have the best attacking quartet in the World. Dembele and Griezman will watch this guys playing from very close.... from Barcelona's benches.

These two would be awesome additions! Leo and Ziyech on the same team combined with a natural striker like Timo + young fast players like Ansu, Dej, Puig, Demb, Sem, Firpo, Perez who Setien could possibly develop to a whole new level. And on top of that, you've got the quality of Grizzi, Arthur, maybe Bob in Midfield who knows (he's been playing better lately). I can even see Setien being able to extract the best out of the vets, mainly as super subs or to help set the tempo and control the more challenging bouts...

Good times ahead! :D

edit: dayuum forgot about defence as usual hahaha Shame we already loaned Todi as I'm sure Set would've played him. We're really light on CBs. Need Barto to seals some good deals.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's on fire, and he's playing in a system where they have the ball more and don't just rely on counter attacks and loads of space.

[tw]1218606740075401216[/tw]

I still don't know about his fit here, but he's doing really well under Nagelsmann.

Havesaks

Well if Martinez costs 111m, which he most likely does, its just too expensive. Werner has a cheap buy-out clause, 50m. Can't keep throwing 100m's after players.

MTL_Barca

Is 50m. really his buyout? I find that hard to believe.

There isn't a clear answer. I think the first reports said only 30M, then others said up to 60M (possibly decreasing yearly or depending on conditions) and i think i've also read the clause might only exist for 2021 and later.

But based on all of that he should be fairly cheap. And that makes sense considering the extension was already a big surprise because everyone expected him to leave for free 2020 at that point.

His season is incredible but i'm still not fully convinced he really fits into Barcas style. But then again there isn't much to lose depending on the price and we'll also have to see how Setiens team plays.

Last edited:

Riordon

I like Werner and even though he is not an optimal fit, we still lack runners in behind to make passing options for Messi, De Jong, Arthur and so on.

But I also like Lautaro. I prefer him to Werner to be honest but if his price or Inter is a problem, we should go for Werner. The news is that his clause is either 30m or 60m which still is a good price for Werner.

Richarlison should also be considered IMO. Lautaro, Werner Richarlison for me. In thar order.

Last edited:

serghei

If he has mobility as I've read and he seems to have based on what I've seen, we can make him fit. He has an eye for goal. He can be the next Lewandowski.

Home of Barca Fans