Denis Suarez

xXKonan

Villarreal player Denis Suarez, on whom Barcelona have a buy-back option, could be out for at least one month with a thigh injury. [via efe]

silvia

HandmadeSpeedyEmperorpenguin.gif

Icarium

Lifestealer
Will we buy Denis back? I kind of doubt it.. Will see, it is one of hali or denis that stays with first team.

anguy

Will we buy Denis back? I kind of doubt it.. Will see, it is one of hali or denis that stays with first team.

It depends on Iniesta health and our salary situation. If Iniesta won't be able to play enough matches to justify his wages he might be replaced by Turan and Suarez could become a backup. If we buy AM like Pogba Suarez is screwed though.

Galning

There's no way they'll replace Iniesta next season. Unless he wants to leave himself which seems very unlikely.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's no way they'll replace Iniesta next season. Unless he wants to leave himself which seems very unlikely.

Iniesta is no Xavi though and he won't last until 35. He barely played every week last season and we see how this one is going.
Imo. He is approaching Xavi's last season role.

Galning

Iniesta is no Xavi though and he won't last until 35. He barely played every week last season and we see how this one is going.
Imo. He is approaching Xavi's last season role.

Which can all be true but only when Iniesta says it's time to go he will go. As if they will offload him during the summer because his wages were getting too high. There's many things I see this board capable of but selling Iniesta against his will? Nah.

anguy

Which can all be true but only when Iniesta says it's time to go he will go. As if they will offload him during the summer because his wages were getting too high. There's many things I see this board capable of but selling Iniesta against his will? Nah.

He won't be kicked out, but he can be gently nudged to leave. Right now we seem to have quite serious salary situation and getting rid of players like Song and Adriano won't solve it. Alves is another candidate for exit despite new contract (if Roberto and Vidal prove they can play well as RBs).

khaled_a_d

He won't be kicked out, but he can be gently nudged to leave. Right now we seem to have quite serious salary situation and getting rid of players like Song and Adriano won't solve it. Alves is another candidate for exit despite new contract (if Roberto and Vidal prove they can play well as RBs).

We could ask players like Iniesta to take pay cut .it happened during Laporta's 1st years and players like Puyol/Xavi/Kluivert who were in their prime accepted it
But I would doubt Iniesta will be shipped out .he is worth a lot for Barca even economically as he is one of the biggest names in the team

He's also the captain, I say we should keep captain turnover to a minimum if we can. Need to develop strong leadership in the team especially after we just lost Xavi after already losing Puyol.

Home of Barca Fans