Alvaro Morata

Givenchy

currently hes useless but like people said hes a confidence player.. would he get that under EV who isn't exactly known for man managing skills? i doubt it

Vahue

How is a false9 working for him in 2019?
Well, they aren't doing very well at the moment. To be fair to Sarri, I don't think he particularly wants to play Hazard in that role, but he probably feels like it's his best option considering the players he's got.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we're unable to get Stuani or anyone else perhaps just try this out for 6 months. At the very least he's a very capable aerial threat so he'll give us that.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
How is a false9 working for him in 2019?

Works quite well. Almost won every game like that and one of those wins was their biggest against City. Hazard playing great in that role too.

Giroud would fit Barca btw. Messi would probably love to play off of him and play 1-2s with him. Would certainly like him more than Morata.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Morata's issues are in his head, i am sure he'll improve if he moves back to Spain. Doesn't really matter which team it is. Whichever team takes him on loan now and agree's to buy him at a discount will most likely benefit in the long run. Whether they decide to keep him or sell him in the future, he will probably be worth more than he is currently worth now. If he does perform better with his return, he will also return to the national team. Besides Paco, there really aren't too many Spanish strikers at the moment playing at a top level.

Barcilliant

He needs the right kind of manager. Allegri was good for him.

I remember Morata absolutely bossing Bayern in a qf cl tie against Bayern. If he can recover some of that form he will do well here.

He seems to be better as a backup instead of having the responsibility of being a starter.

Leo_Messi

Morata is a choker and has a mental fortitutude of a teenager. Don't need him here.

LOL. Explains his periods of success for irrelevant clubs like Real Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea as well as the Spanish national football team.

Yet in another thread you talked about a finished and washed up 33.5 year old Álvaro Negredo ( :lol: ) as a viable option that was released by some useless Qatari football club this season. Is this some kind of bad joke?

Which better short-term option other than Morata is available out there on the market? There is none that I am aware of.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
LOL. Explains his periods of success for irrelevant clubs like Real Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea as well as the Spanish national football team.

Yet in another thread you talked about a finished and washed up 33.5 year old Álvaro Negredo ( :lol: ) as a viable option that was released by some useless Qatari football club this season. Is this some kind of bad joke?

Which better short-term option other than Morata is available out there on the market? There is none that I am aware of.

A 10m loan for someone who shall play against minnows only? No please. Negredo can do the job for half a year, in that I'm certain.

Leo_Messi

A 10m loan for someone who shall play against minnows only? No please. Negredo can do the job for half a year, in that I'm certain.

No, he cannot. Not even close. He is finished. Even the worst version of Morata is way better than the current version of Negredo. As much as Morata has struggled for Chelsea this season he remains their most prolific goalscorer after Hazard this season with only 3 goals fewer than Hazard with much fewer minutes played.

Only against minnows? Are you sure about that? If that was the case Valverde and the board would not be looking for a striker right now.

What will happen if Suárez gets injured for a longer time period or when the season will be decided? He will turn 32 in a few days and has had troubles with his knee for a while now. In such a case you want a reliable and quality substitute. Not a finished player who can barely move.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans