Alvaro Morata

Devils

It’s actually quite good. Their loan system is one of the best in Europe and they sell their players for good prices. It’s only recently they stated bending for managers and overpaying for a couple of players

Eh...They've spent a fortune of Morata, Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Drinkwater in recent times and will take a big loss on those 4 alone I'd imagine.

All these big money transfers that get caught up in their loan system pretty much guarantee big losses on their original investment.

Porque

Very good deal for Morata from Atletico. It is unlikely he would of chosen us given how Paco wasnt given any minutes. But if we could of got that deal then it would of been perfect.

18 months to find Suarez replacement with a talented backup striker.

What we have now with Prince is not great but it does give 6 months for Valverde to give proof of concept that a striker in his Aduriz mold can work here.

In that aspect I am willing to give it a chance. Although realistically it will look like playing Paulinho as our 9.

Arizona Scott

Its a smart move by Atletico but I am not sure it will impact the league race. Morata can run cold, and he could just as easy hurt them as help them.

It was a bad move from Chelsea from the start.

Jombi

You were "very close" in your prediction. Atlético has just loaned him for ONE AND A HALF SEASON for €7.5 million euros and they have a buyout OPTION worth €40 million. A great deal if Simeone can get his confidence back.

No way would we get that deal. We are far richer than Atletico and Chelsea would milk us for money. Atletico still pay his wages too.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Still cannot believe how Pérez actually convinced Chelsea to pay €80m for him. Given to the price + expectations as Diego Costa's replacement, he's easily one of the absolute worst signings this decade. Never mind that Morata turned out to be mentally weak who couldn't handle the pressure.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/nmxf9/fevboq" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Home of Barca Fans