Rafael Márquez

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
sport.es is reporting that Pep doesn't want Henrique and they are looking for a team to loan him to ASAP.

Milito is a lost cause.

I don't get it. Why would Pep buy Henrique if he doesn't want him?

According to all reports he actually did well when played last season with BL, so why the hesitation now?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
marquez is just as dependable in the middle as puyol is and last year had a much better season than puyol at CB. sure he makes a mistake here and there but i would still trust him in any game against the best opponants.

JALJM

I don't get it. Why would Pep buy Henrique if he doesn't want him?

According to all reports he actually did well when played last season with BL, so why the hesitation now?

My understanding of it (may be completely wrong) is that Pep had nothing to do with it, and it was more of a Txiki signing.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
His partnership with Pique last season was fantastic, and sure he did have one big fuck-up that nearly cost us alot, but alot of players do those kinds of things, and he did it once.

Couldn't agree more, Marquez is fantastic and i hope he's back to full fitness soon. Recent examples of supposedly 'world class' defenders buggering up could be:
Rio Ferdinand against us in the Champions League Final allowing Messi plenty of space to score & his recent one against Holland during a friendly.
Vidic against Eto'o & Torres

Everyone buggers up sometimes.

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
Last news about RAfa is that he's been training normally for last 5 days, and may be cleared from medical stuff for Getafe clash. Now that Chyg is here, Pep can try putting him as DM sometimes.. That can be good for our attack more than defense, imo.

ekin805

Last news about RAfa is that he's been training normally for last 5 days, and may be cleared from medical stuff for Getafe clash. Now that Chyg is here, Pep can try putting him as DM sometimes.. That can be good for our attack more than defense, imo.

i really enjoy watching him play at DM he has a great long pass that is sometimes overlooked due to his great play on defense or screw ups lol

ryuken

Well he did screw up sometimes as a CB, so maybe this year during CAN he will be use as a DM if he is fit. The man is an injury prone T_T

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Is Rafa healthy yet? I don't understand the hatred for Marquez, Pep has trusted him since the day he arrived (notice how he outlasted everyone else) and last year he was above average overall, only making one serious mistake in a match that got him injured. If anything he was a better CB overall than Puyol, who last year was much better as a fullback.

He's made of glass, but now that we have Young Money it's not as big of a deal.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Is Rafa healthy yet? I don't understand the hatred for Marquez, Pep has trusted him since the day he arrived (notice how he outlasted everyone else) and last year he was above average overall, only making one serious mistake in a match that got him injured. If anything he was a better CB overall than Puyol, who last year was much better as a fullback.

He's made of glass, but now that we have Young Money it's not as big of a deal.

no.

he was great pre-xmas, then very inconsistent post-xmas and made way more than one serious mistake. he's a schmuck and his brain farts really annoy people. were it not for victor valdes being a superhero, we'd have not won the treble.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
no.

he was great pre-xmas, then very inconsistent post-xmas and made way more than one serious mistake. he's a schmuck and his brain farts really annoy people. were it not for victor valdes being a superhero, we'd have not won the treble.

You hate Rafa as much as I like him, so neither of us are going to agree here.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
man, I love marquez.

if I may be metaphorical, he's like an abusive partner with his memory lapses. I've taken his shit just one too many times and now there's these guys who are younger, better physically and less prone to "being abusive" and this post makes me sound really gay so I'll just stop here, but, you get my point.

mobster_1930

I don't know why are you guys so harsh on Marquez ? He had a great season with Pique as CB and he didn't lose his pace with injuries. I think he's still a class player. We will need him druing Yaya's absence.

Home of Barca Fans