Aymeric Laporte

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's nothing to move on from really as he isn't that good anyway. Only thing going for him is his age and height.

Yannik

God Serena

If he had any interest in coming to Barca he'd already have a treble under his belt. It's been pretty clear for years that he wasn't going to join.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
did he really say that? I mean, thats cool with me, I'd like him at Bayern, but saying such a thing is stupid. He's just limiting himself in his own options.

Can't get my hands on the original interview, I think it's a video interview so it'll appear may be soon on youtube, but sport is also reporting it, and neither them nor MD give "opinions" in the articles, they're reporting word for word what he said.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...rte-would-reject-offer-from-barcelona-4879135

khaled_a_d

did he really say that? I mean, thats cool with me, I'd like him at Bayern, but saying such a thing is stupid. He's just limiting himself in his own options.

Doubt we were really an option . He put himself out of our price reach and it has been long time since we paid top money for a defender
He wasn't worth the money IMHO

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Laporte (Athletic): "I didn't say I would reject a Barça offer, as media report. I said first I should get one, then I'd analyze it." [as]

I suspected that something was fishy about that quote.

The real quote: "One can reject Barça offer? They're the best in the world, but yes, you can. There hasn't been contact anyway." [tf1]

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Hmm, someone must have told him what he said was stupid because even if he doesn't want to come to us he could still use us as leverage for wage negociations anywhere so he's backing down.

The quotes left very little room for interpretation and I doubt MD and Sport decided to change what he said completely, they're known to get things out of context for drama effect or invent stories to say that everyone WANTS to come to barça, but this time what he said was as straight forward as it gets and it was "quoted".

Anyways.. I think he's just looking for a bigger paycheck.

Home of Barca Fans