7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Neymessi

One hears this he will not fit us thing so often but I don't think its true. Accoring to that only koke,kroos and verratti are ideal for barca.

Players adapt and he will learn to play here. We have had a shit midfield for ages now. Even if doesn't live up to the hype he will be much better than most of our current midfielders.

The attacking threat has been dead from midfield for a long time now. I don't remember the last time our midfield actually gave our opposition a problem or created attacks.

With verratti out of the option we should definitely go for him. Liverpool usually sells at a reasonable price just like suarez and I don't think he will cost as an arm and a leg.

BBZ8800

I think he has quality to play for Barça but just don't think he would fit into our system. I don't believe he can play as CM in 4-3-3 and we have Neymar as LW and Messi as AMC if we change formation to 4-2-3-1. Maybe he could play as RW but based on his price (which would be in Suarez's range if not higher) I don't think it's worth to risk buying him and then play him out of his best position(s) where we don't know how he'd do.

We are currently playing 343 and 433.
About him not being a fit for 4231, we have never played 4231, so let's leave that formation aside.

Zincubus

Banned
I think the odd screamer that he scores clouds people's judgement. This is a guy that was forced out of the #10 spot by Sterling. He's not going to improve Barcelona beyond adding some more depth.

Just wondering how much of Coutinho you've actually seen ?!?

When he plays well, Liverpool play well .

When he's having a good day ( quite often ) then he and Liverpool are amazing .

One hears this he will not fit us thing so often but I don't think its true. Accoring to that only koke,kroos and verratti are ideal for barca.

Players adapt and he will learn to play here. We have had a shit midfield for ages now. Even if doesn't live up to the hype he will be much better than most of our current midfielders.

The attacking threat has been dead from midfield for a long time now. I don't remember the last time our midfield actually gave our opposition a problem or created attacks.

With verratti out of the option we should definitely go for him. Liverpool usually sells at a reasonable price just like suarez and I don't think he will cost as an arm and a leg.

Exactly
He's a must buy considering we have been quoted £77 million for Thiago by Bayern ...

Considering the way he links up with his best mate Neymar for Brazil and the way he also liked up with Suarez at Liverpool I actually think it's laughable to think that he wouldn't fit in at Barca ...

He would be amazing , he's the top midfielder or thereabouts in the EPL and has been for a couple of seasons and the EPL is harder and faster than La Liga ....

Just wondering how much of Coutinho you've actually seen ?!?

When he plays well, Liverpool play well .

When he's having a good day ( quite often ) then he and Liverpool are amazing .

Exactly
He's a must buy considering we have been quoted £77 million for Thiago by Bayern ...

Considering the way he links up with his best mate Neymar for Brazil and the way he also liked up with Suarez at Liverpool I actually think it's laughable to think that he wouldn't fit in at Barca ...

He would be amazing , he's the top midfielder or thereabouts in the EPL and has been for a couple of seasons and the EPL is harder and faster than La Liga ....

hopefully we can pair him with stones and bellerin too. EPL quality is the safest standard these days. plus bellerin is very fast and he can run too

gasgas

He looked in fine form when he played with Brazil, surround him with better players than Lallana, Emre Can etc. and I think he would shine. Here are highlights from game against Uruguay:

So was Cesc, Ibrahimovic, Alexis and look how he turned out here because we didn't have the right spot for them to perform

His best positions are all taken LW- Neymar, CAM- Messi

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So was Cesc, Ibrahimovic, Alexis and look how he turned out here because we didn't have the right spot for them to perform

His best positions are all taken LW- Neymar, CAM- Messi

Don't worry, we definitely won't buy him if we are bringing Bellerin, we can't afford both.

Messi983

We are currently playing 343 and 433.
About him not being a fit for 4231, we have never played 4231, so let's leave that formation aside.

I know we are playing 343 but don't think new coach will continue with that and I said that I don't see Coutinho working as CM in 433 (he won't play as LW because of Neymar and Messi would stay RW in that system on the paper, so I don't think there is a place for Coutinho in 433 either). I mentioned 4231 because I think this would be the best possible formation to give us needed defensive stability while moving Messi to AMC (where he plays most of the time anyway) full time and if we get Valverde it's very likely we'll play that formation.

clemente

If he comes here, and Messi moves to midfield, I have no clue how we would line up, we would be hopeless defensively

Cool

If he comes here, and Messi moves to midfield, I have no clue how we would line up, we would be hopeless defensively

4-2-3-1 with Messi on the right and Coutinho in the middle with Neymar on the left, if he comes which is a big IF. Plus, I mentioned this quite some times but 4-2-3-1 suits our current crop of players and is much more better defensive wise.

BenRobbins

He is nowhere near ready for barca, he blows hot and cold for liverpool all the time. He won't be afforded the time to find his level consistently, look at gomes.

Truthist

He's too much of a luxury player, he doesn't run games, is a very inconsistent player who recycles possession too easily. His strength is he has moments of brilliance which blinds people's judgment about his overall quality.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He's too much of a luxury player, he doesn't run games, is a very inconsistent player who recycles possession too easily. His strength is he has moments of brilliance which blinds people's judgment about his overall quality.

Well of course he "recycles" possession, he is a winger for a team that plays very direct style of football, it's natural that he tries to make things happen. He still has pretty good numbers for a winger though - 82.4% passing accuracy even Rakitic has 84.7% passing accuracy.
The thing is if we search for a player who is pure CM, consistent, good passer, young, good defensively, proven in La Liga:)robert:), not injury prone and available then we'll end up playing Iniesta until he is 40...

Home of Barca Fans