7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messigician

Flop can no longer be used to describe Coutinho if you guys are going to use it to describe Fabregas and Zlatan.

Dembele Suarez Messi
De Jong Busquets Arthur
Alba Pique Umtiti Roberto
Ter Stegen

Where do you see the room for Alba in the 1st team?

FCBfan22

Flop can no longer be used to describe Coutinho if you guys are going to use it to describe Fabregas and Zlatan.

Dembele Suarez Messi
De Jong Busquets Arthur
Ter Stegen

Left back.

gasgas

Dembele Suarez Messi
De Jong Busquets Arthur
Ter Stegen

At LB position

Leo_Messi

I stopped reading right there. :facepalm:

Glad to hear about that as the last thing I need to waste my time on is a delusional Coutinho defender here 1+ year into his Barça career after his €160 million (I REPEAT €160 MILLION TRANSFER!) but it is the reality. Not even going to talk about their trophy cabinet where Isco is lightyears ahead of him. Twice the player, easily. A much better fit for us than Coutinho too.

God Serena

Dembele Suarez Messi
De Jong Busquets Arthur
Ter Stegen

This may have been an accident, but I still laughed.

xXKonan

I'm actually surprised how long it took for Catalan media to start writing about his poor form.

Dembele was largely being targeted back several months ago by the Catalan media. Despite the problems he had, he was still being largely more effective on the field while Coutinho wasn't doing well himself. But Coutinho was fortunate that Dembele was the target.

With Dembele turning his shit around and being such a key player and benching Coutinho, the Brazilian isn't fortunate anymore to avoid the press now.

God Serena

As expected Catalan press writing about his poor form. Yet, they never question Suarez or Pique.

Pique will never be questioned, the man will become president one day off of popularity alone. Suarez being immune to criticism does boggle the mind, though. We could be tied 1-1 with a red hot attacker playing next to him who has already scored a goal while he does absolutely nothing of note for the entire game and the red hot attacker who scored would be the one to get subbed off.

Wait...

Arizona Scott

First of all we are competing for many trophies, so we need more than 11 players not to mention there will be many injuries like for example now. Cou can play in various positions (LW, LM, AM) and so can Dembele (LW,RW). Suarez and Messi are over 30 so every player out of that 4 will have plenty minutes to start and perform. I honestly don't see any problem there. He has played more minutes this season than Demebele so he is not a bench player by any means.

I agree. We need Countinho to spell our starting forwards this year. Moving forward however if we can get good value and use it in a better fitting player I think that would be wise.

Isco, despite being a ball hog, is twice the player that the overrated Coutinho ever was and ever will be. Coutinho has never and will never suit our system either. Wrote about this 2 years ago here when virtually everyone else was writing pages up and pages down about what a great fit he would be. 1+ year into his Barça career we can all see the very sad reality.:lol:

He is about to become THE biggest flop in football history given his price tag. Never seen a more limited, stupid and hyped player than him with a worse attitude. Cesc and Ibra looked like world beaters here in comparison. Makes both of them look like cheetah's too to make matters even worse.

Coutinho on the other hand has none. Another overrated "EPL product" hyped beyond belief.

Dude Isco is not better. Coutinho last year (us/liverpool) and years before for Liverpool and his national team does more good things and fewer bad things than Isco. If someone is dumb enough to pay over $100 mil for Isco (or Dybala) than maybe Coutinho no longer looks the most overpriced.

Bottom line is I don't think a Isco, Coutinho, Dybala or James will likely be the player they are capable of with Messi--not that they are not outstanding players in their own right. When you have the best player in the world and one you should give every creative license to, the others have to fit around. Coutinho, despite being our #2 best league player last spring, doesn't look like he can adapt to that. No question he is a bench player for us unless a starter needs rest, and his wages and cost are not bench player wages. Probably wise to shop him this summer, but I hope we can get some contributions this year in spelling and substituting our forwards.

Pique will never be questioned, the man will become president one day off of popularity alone. Suarez being immune to criticism does boggle the mind, though. We could be tied 1-1 with a red hot attacker playing next to him who has already scored a goal while he does absolutely nothing of note for the entire game and the red hot attacker who scored would be the one to get subbed off.

Wait...

Subbing doesn't have to be a mark of punishment, it can be a reward for putting in a damn good shift and leaving it all out there. Suarez and Pique continue to put in epic performances every year--but no they cannot sustain it if they have to play most every match, 90 minutes. The Suarez of yesterday was nothing like the same player in the Classico in the fall. Get these guys so rest so they can peak perform for march-may matches.

Messigician

We got extorted by Liverpool.

The coutinho at cm experiment failed. And now LW Coutinho is failing.

Time was his ally but it has deserted him. He needs to shape up or be sold.

FinBarcelonafan

We got extorted by Liverpool.

The coutinho at cm experiment failed. And now LW Coutinho is failing.

Time was his ally but it has deserted him. He needs to shape up or be sold.

He has to have mental problems. He looks so bad. He looked great last season and in the World Cup. Not sure what's going on.

He is quality player but completely lost.

Home of Barca Fans