7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

mc_lovin

Im quite happy with Coutinho-Suarez-Messi, but the whole Dembele situation is a shitshow. Even then Hazard would probably been the better choice for the left wing position (hes more of a forward than Coutinho, which is probably a better fit than another purely playmaking winger). Just bad plannig all around, though noone could have anticipated Arthur fitting in so easy.

FinBarcelonafan

Im quite happy with Coutinho-Suarez-Messi, but the whole Dembele situation is a shitshow. Even then Hazard would probably been the better choice for the left wing position (hes more of a forward than Coutinho, which is probably a better fit than another purely playmaking winger). Just bad plannig all around, though noone could have anticipated Arthur fitting in so easy.

Messi and Hazard in same team? That would be waste of talent. They both like to keep the ball.

George_Costanza

iniesta a pure AM? like gotze, james rodriguez, Mata, Ozil, Quintero, Dele Alli etc
:lol:

we must have watched a different Iniesta down the years

Iniesta had an advanced role under Pep. It was Xavi's role to support Busquets and drop deep to build the play which allowed the freedom for Iniesta to express himself in more attacking role.

El Trencaxarxes

Iniesta had an advanced role under Pep. It was Xavi's role to support Busquets and drop deep to build the play which allowed the freedom for Iniesta to express himself in more attacking role.

Iniesta still recovered more balls than Xavi did though. Iniesta's defensive contribution during the Pep-era was heavily underrated and almost never touched upon by fans or pundits.

PhilS

I am very gratified by Coutinho's defensive contribution since he switched to forward. Coutinho at forward also improves the defense from the midfield quite a bit, since Arthur is a significant upgrade from Coutinho in midfield defense. Arthur continues to improve in defense.

The lineup change has brought about a huge amount of boo-hooing about the waste of Dembele. I wish I was hearing more praise about the excellent play by Coutinho and Arthur.

Home of Barca Fans