Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

He was subbed off just now.

Not a good performance. it's clear his head isn't there and I hope this performances during the international break doesn't carry over to Barcelona.

Last edited:

GOAT_SUAREZ

He is a good player but replaceable. People claiming he is the best of all time or some shit are out of their damn minds.

Replace him with Upamecano/de Ligt and Lenglet if he wants to chase the money.

BBZ8800

Another thing, world record transfer fee in June 2016 was 100M€ (Pogba was sold for 105M in August). Most expensive CB at that time was David Luiz and Rio Ferdinand's transfer from Leeds to United in 2002 was still second on that list. A month after we bought Umtiti City paid around 55M€ for John Stones but that was a transfer inside EPL, where prices are always inflated, especially when it comes to British players.

Not defending Umtiti's 60m clause in the least, because we obviously messed up on that account, but I'm guessing these low clauses are mostly down to good, tough negotiation skills from the agents.

Both true.

1. when we signed Umtiti, a world's record fee was around 100M, so his buyout clause was around 60% of a world record fee.
Nobody knew that the prices will go up for more than 200% in 1 year and that a world record will be 222M now, and now Umtiti's buyout is not at 60% of a world record, but at 30% of a world record.
So, if we lose out on him, inflation screwed us.

But, on the other hand, we did EXACTLY the same with Griezmann. When AM signed his contract, his buyout clause was the same as a current world record fee (100M).
AM also didn't know that the prices will go up for more than 200% and that 100M for Griezmman in 2018' will be the same as only 50M in 2015 or 2016'.
They have put a world record fee-buyout on him and yet, they will lose him for "peanuts" this summer.

So, if Umtiti will leave for Utd, Utd will do to us EXACTLY the same what we did with Griezmann to AM.
So, it will even out, to some extent.

2. the other thing about agents, yes, some players DON'T want to sign huge buyouts since they want to have other reasonable "options".
On the other hand, it is strange that Real is managing to lock down all their players with 400 and 800M buyout clauses since always.
RM is either brainwashing their players or is forcing them to sign such contracts in a take it or leave it negotiating way.

Last edited:

Trafalgar

From the best club in the world to the second club in Manchester, I find it hard to believe tbqh. I think he just wants a raise.

Should be Fekir over Lemar, N'zonzi over Matuidi, Kondogbia over Pogba. Deschit will waste one of the most talented French sides ever, luckily they are all young and a new manager can use them better after he gets the booth after World cup.

:lol:

Neymessi

Give him the fucking raise ffs, we aren't a poor club and he is doing very well for us anyway so just raise the salary and get it over with.

If he indeed goes to manu it will be a really, really stupid decision from him. Lets just hope its a negotiating tactic and that 60m buyout was demanded by umiti and his agent and not the genius of our board.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Give him the fucking raise ffs, we aren't a poor club and he is doing very well for us anyway so just raise the salary and get it over with.

If he indeed goes to manu it will be a really, really stupid decision from him. Lets just hope its a negotiating tactic and that 60m buyout was demanded by umiti and his agent and not the genius of our board.

Our wages are already way too high due to Messi monster contract. If we give Umtiti now already 9M things will get out of control.

xXKonan

DZZVacvVQAAEbPn.jpg

Barto and Umtiti before the WCL match vs OL and Barcelona Femeni started.

FCBfan22

MARCA:
Barcelona's hierarchy increasingly confident that a renewal will be signed sooner rather than later.

According to information obtained by MARCA, Manchester United has no plans to move for the former Lyon defender.

MARCA:
Barcelona's hierarchy increasingly confident that a renewal will be signed sooner rather than later.

According to information obtained by MARCA, Manchester United has no plans to move for the former Lyon defender.

:lol:

Marca's as much fake news as Sport is but I hope this is true. Probably is because if there were any chance of Umtiti leaving they'd be all over it to try to destabilize Barca.

I'm fine with him wanting a raise (really he deserves it, his wages are way too low atm) but he needs to accept a high buyout clause.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans