Champions League

maz

I walk the line
What did actually happen with fletcher?

And as for almunia, he was under the ball when it went in. Thats his own mistake in my opinion, not because he saw it late.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
What did actually happen with fletcher?

And as for almunia, he was under the ball when it went in. Thats his own mistake in my opinion, not because he saw it late.

He dived way too late Maz. Misread the speed of the ball.

Fletcher wrapped his leg infront of Cesc, clipped the ball away then they fell down together in a heap.

beef-supreme

Ah that was going to be the next italian-sounding name i was gonna say. Anyway thanks..i like the quote. It speaks alot of truth!

And bojan..i dont think i'd support either team. I may not even watch it. Do i support the ludicrously expensive yet defensive tactics of chelsea or man utd's chance to retain the trophy?

Yeah neither, I'd do the same as every year Barca don't make it to the final. But Barca will make it, so no worries!

Beast

The Observer
I don't hate C.Ronaldo so save it for the other users here.
And if you think CR game is amazing (this game) ,you clearly dont know anything about soccer.
The freekick was on target but even valdes could have taken that omfg ! Almunia was dreaming and didn't see anything.

His assist ? the player slipped.....

2 youth mistakes gave the game away.

But hey...if you think this performance makes CR great, you are a easy to please fan.

I like Man u btw, i'm just realistic. Manu have showed nothing yet this game
First it's football ... not soccer..but
now i agree

ok :lol:

Guardian

You hardly could get better defenders than Vidic and Ferdinand, definitely the best defensive couple I've ever seen and it is the main reason for United success. The other ones are Ronaldo and Rooney and the hard work of Carrick and of course SAF. I don't want to see Berbatov as CL winner so I'd support whoever wins today's semifinal. I would have supported Chelsea even if Arsenal went to the final because it would remind me a levski cska game

Arsenal need a defensive midfielder because Song is as shite as Lucas and Denilson and better central defender and they would look fine next season. Gibbs was stoned like gypsum but he's only 18 and that mad Frenchman seriously should think about it and finally realise that some of his youngsters are shit. But they did well considering that in the last 5 seasons Arsenal have a profit of 3 M euro unlike the other three clubs who invested millions on players.

Barca for the final anyway!

MinaFCB

Daily Mail:"Cristiano Rome-aldo" hahah
every free kick after his goal he fucked up,few times he sent ball 10 meters over goal and had face like:"OOh that was close",he thought that he can score from every free kick...what an idiot

shadows

UEFA rule out Fletcher appeal

Manchester United's hopes of overturning Darren Fletcher's red card have been dashed.

UEFA have confirmed that a protest against a sending off would only be allowed on the basis on mistaken identity - and not on whether the referee had been too harsh.

UEFA head of communications Rob Faulkner told PA Sport: "Manchester United have the right to file a protest within 24 hours of the match however a protest against a caution or sending off is only admissible if the referee's error was to mistake the identity of the player."

The decision means Fletcher will be suspended for the Champions League final in Rome later this month.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had hoped referee Roberto Rosetti would have admitted it was a mistake to give Fletcher a straight red card for a foul on Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas in the box.

"He's one of the most honest players in the game and to miss the final, it's a tragedy," said Ferguson.

"In respect to the referee in this situation he might look at it himself without anyone asking him."

Although the Football Association have moved towards a position where referees regularly rescind red cards, both UEFA and FIFA strictly maintain the rules that match officials' decisions should remain sacrosanct.

A UEFA source added: "It opens Pandora's box if you can challenge every decision. And if you rule that it is not a red card, then you are also saying it is not a penalty, and therefore not a goal, and what do you do then - start changing the results of matches afterwards?"

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger also admitted the red card was "very harsh" after television pictures clearly showed Scottish international Fletcher - a non-playing substitute at last year's final - played the ball.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
An Arsenal fan hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

wtf??? tragedy

beef-supreme

An Arsenal fan hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

wtf??? tragedy

Oh no, that's horrible. I don't wish that fate on anyone...

Warik

wtf??? tragedy

A true Arsenal fan. If only other gooners would follow suit.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Man ,the guy has no sense of responsibility .. took him 6 years of nothing to make a decision

did he finally realize they won't win anything now..

E

Esteve

Well some of these comments are harsh in a very funny way so I'm on the fence :lol:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
It is quite sad, you shouldn't make any funny comments about it, his family would have been devastated. Maybe he went a wee bit over the top but even so it hurts so see your team underperform.

Home of Barca Fans