Cesc Fabregas

Albo

Quite astonishing that people can forget this! He has had one of the worst season in his career - the reasons for it are more debatable Enriques "tactics" or just bad form, but it is clear that he hasn't been constantly good for us. That Gomes has been the main sub for him is just sad, because else someone like Samper or Roberto surely could have a chance this season.

It's La Masia effect, one could argue that Denis has been far worse than Gomes for us this season but it's almost never mentioned.

El Guaje

It's La Masia effect, one could argue that Denis has been far worse than Gomes for us this season but it's almost never mentioned.

Gomes keeps gettiong mentiond and hated on because he keeps getting starts and subs even tho he is worse every time he steps onto the pitch. The only noteworthy thing he has done is passing the ball to Alba which led to Messis decisive goal in El Clasico. And while Denis is not getting even near as many minutes, he produced both goals and assists before Gomes. He'd do much better if he also had as many regular starts and subs as Gomes has.

Albo

Gomes keeps gettiong mentiond and hated on because he keeps getting starts and subs even tho he is worse every time he steps onto the pitch. The only noteworthy thing he has done is passing the ball to Alba which led to Messis decisive goal in El Clasico. And while Denis is not getting even near as many minutes, he produced both goals and assists before Gomes. He'd do much better if he also had as many regular starts and subs as Gomes has.

Gomes has been getting better lately but still gets so much hate, I understand that he is not good enough for Barcelona currently but neither is Iniesta. Also, Denis has played 700 minutes less than Gomes this season, hardly a injustice. Only player that should be hated is Arda because he has done nothing good and is only stealing minutes + money. The worst thing about Arda is that he doesn't care enough to even try.

El Guaje

Gomes has been getting better lately but still gets so much hate, I understand that he is not good enough for Barcelona currently but neither is Iniesta. Also, Denis has played 700 minutes less than Gomes this season, hardly a injustice. Only player that should be hated is Arda because he has done nothing good and is only stealing minutes + money. The worst thing about Arda is that he doesn't care enough to even try.

Yeah, barely. He gets hated on simply because he does not contribute at all. 0 attacking, 0 defending. He is slower than a wheelchair-bound man and he is worthless in the air despite his height and to top it off Lucho keeps feeding the fire by starting him.

Well according to whoscored the difference is 1012 minutes between Gomes/Denis and that is a huge difference, especially considering Gomes has absolutely not deserved it. Luckily a new coach is on the way in, so Lucho wont be around to hand his man crush free, undeserved minutes anymore.

Arda does not get as much hate because he does not get free, undeserved starts and subs all the time.

Vilarrubi

How about NO?

My post was from January.. I'd say Rakitic now has improved since then so I'd rather him.

I was glad when Cesc left he didn't fit at all, but some of the performances from our midfield this season have been so bad at times (it was around the time Gomes pass map stats showed no passes forward in a whole game) that It must have prompted that sarcastic post from me.

El Guaje

You clearly don't pay enough attention here if you think that. :)

Ofc people are annoyed as sh!t on him sitting on his ass with his huge wages and barely caring but... you dont see as much rage as when Andre Gomes delivers yet another pathetic performance.

Ripsta

Simply he was bought back by Barcelona in the wrong time when Xavi and Iniesta dominated the midfield. Pep had no idea how to use him, it was Rosell's idea to get the boy back. I won't mind having Cesc back at the club right now, with Busquets being the only constant, solid performer this season. Anyway, that's not likely to happen, he closed the Barcelona chapter in his life.

Yep, got him at the wrong time. He was a far better creater than Iniesta, but was never going to break up Spain's main midfield at the peak of their powers.

He's lightyears ahead of Rakitic, Messi wouldn't be dropping so deep if Fabregas was in the current midfield.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I hope he stays, as we don't have anyone like him in the team. He was often a game changer for us last season, and did well whenever he started.

Catta

Could do worse......seriously.

If we could get him for around 20-25 mil, I would take him in a heartbeat, he's still one of the best passers in the world. It would be great having another player alongside Messi that can send a good through ball

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't work the first time. Won't work when he's losing his physical sharpness.

The problems again will surface against top opposition who will know how to take care of his immobility.

Home of Barca Fans