Real Madrid

Trickykid

Never said he was in any kind of way a fantastic fit. Just a good decision considering the very few options available out there and his results for Spain so far. They might also finally get the best out of Isco. We will see. Hope as much as any Barca fan that he will flop, of course. But sometimes I just got this feeling, you know. Think he will do good there for some reason.

Fair enough to have a gut feeling, but based on merit, I just don't see the need to praise RM on this decision.

Will be interesting to see how he handles the RM egos on a day to day basis.

Devils

May 2018

DfgVC2jW4AEXqky.jpg

:wow:

Sorin

They've appointed Zidane who was flopping as manager of their B team and the dude won them 3 CL. I will restrain from declaring him a future flop just because he was sacked from Porto or Rayo a few years ago. He might click with their players and perform. They still have the best overall team in the world too.

PhilS

Unfortunately, I think this is a good hire by RM. Build for the future around the new manager's guy, Isco. Change RM to more of the Spanish style, like la Roja.

FC B

I couldn’t give a shit how Spain do at the World Cup, infanct I hope Barca players sabotage things and create unrest between Madrid players and their new coach

I hope Spain won't win it because of Flopetegui being already named at rm and because their nt have 6 rm players while Barca has only 3 players considering Iniesta is gone now and not only about these numbers but Spain won their three titles 2008, 2010,2012 with the core of the team made by Barcelona players and I'm sure some will say the same for rm players had they win it.

DHorozov

Surely Real could have waited to announce this after the World Cup (I imagine that was what Lopategui wanted as well). This could easily ruin the World Cup for Spain.

Otherwise I think this is a good choice for them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Surely Real could have waited to announce this after the World Cup (I imagine that was what Lopategui wanted as well). This could easily ruin the World Cup for Spain.

They probably could, but sounds like Lopetegui didn’t want to wait. Better to get it out and risk some media noise and potentially annoy the federation a bit than have it come to the news headlines from locker room chatter right before some important games, which would probably be 5 times as bad. At least now he can say to the team “I know my time with you is at its end so let’s go out there and murder everyone like we know we can” and such.

What is that bald idiot even thinking sacking him? Players are professionals, so is Lopetegui. Let them do what they set out to do instead of punishing the guy for a personal decision that may in no way contribute to anything. On the contrary with the Aragones case it may as well end up being the opposite and inspiration to success.

Last edited:

Messi983

Word is he’s getting sacked by Rubiales before the Portugal game. Absolutely ridiculous if it comes to that.

Won't happen.

This was probably their plan but apparently one of non-RM players have find out about that and they were affraid things would be leaked out of Spain's NT camp so they had to make it publicly. I'm also sure rumours about Lopetegui would emerge over the next weeks if RM wouldn't announce their next coach soon. People would start to speculate that their choice is one of the coaches currently managing in the WC. Low and Tite would probably also be among the candidates so rumours could upset even more NTs than just Spain. So while far from ideal announcing their decision now is imo a correct decision.

DHorozov

If some players already knew and there was a leak already, then probably that was the better decision (didn't come across that news and just thought Real decided to announce it). I still think this could somehow be handled better.

Just hope Rubiales won't do anything stupid now, but I guess we will find out in an hour. This would be the worst decision ever, to fire Lopategui just hours before the competition starts.

BBZ8800

I'm reading that Lopetegui prefers technical players like Isco, Asensio, Thiago over CR7, Benzema, Bale and similar and that he will get rid of these guys.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If true, this is gold.
Real won't win another CL in the next 20 years then.

Home of Barca Fans