Real Madrid

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I seriously don't understand guys like linetty. I'm a Real Madrid fan but If Barcelona plays well I'll freaking admit it and I won't spout bullshit. Referee helped them again yesterday? They didn't deserve to win? Real Madrid shoulda have gotten 2 penalties,I watched like 3 different commentaries of the game on youtube and each commentator admitted it. First when Ramos was pulled and 2nd when Bale was fouled inside the box. The 2nd yellow that Isco received was a total mistake by the referee,Isco didn't even touch the player,he did a perfect tacle on the ball. And the MVP of yesterdays game was Kameni(goalkeeper of Malaga). Just be honest for God's sake. Real Madrid totally deserved to win yesterday.

Ritchie

Well the next 3 games are at home against Cornella, Celta Vigo and Ludogorets.

This winning run seems like it will never end.

At least Mourinho's win record their has gone. The most consecutive wins in La Liga is their own record anyway. Next game they may slip up in is Valencia away.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Well the next 3 games are at home against Cornella, Celta Vigo and Ludogorets.

This winning run seems like it will never end.

I'm kinda optimistic about this, Ancelloti and the current RM squad could make history. Currently on 16 wins and the next games are: 2.12. vs Cornella at home which should be an easy victory. 6.12. at home vs Celta Vigo, 9.12. at home vs Ludogorets, 12.12. Almeria away. We could easily take it to 20 games by 12.12. which will be one of our last games in this season. We're kinda lucky that out schedule is fairly easy,it could allow us to extend the record and also allow Ronaldo to score plenty of goals and assists to get himself Ballon d'Or. And tbh I know that I'm probably pushing it too far but If we win against Valencia and make it 21 wins we could take it to like 24 because the next 3 La Liga games aren't that hard.

Vilarrubi

I'm kinda optimistic about this, Ancelloti and the current RM squad could make history. Currently on 16 wins and the next games are: 2.12. vs Cornella at home which should be an easy victory. 6.12. at home vs Celta Vigo, 9.12. at home vs Ludogorets, 12.12. Almeria away. We could easily take it to 20 games by 12.12. which will be one of our last games in this season. We're kinda lucky that out schedule is fairly easy,it could allow us to extend the record and also allow Ronaldo to score plenty of goals and assists to get himself Ballon d'Or. And tbh I know that I'm probably pushing it too far but If we win against Valencia and make it 21 wins we could take it to like 24 because the next 3 La Liga games aren't that hard.

Voting has already closed for this year's Balon D'or.

Kohe321

Can't believe how idotic it is to close the voting for the best player of the year in november with still one month left to play.

Also, why can't they re-open it after Messis records broken with consecutive hattricks, when they did it after Ronaldos hattrick against Sweden? This award is becoming a joke.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Can't believe how idotic it is to close the voting for the best player of the year in november with still one month left to play.

Also, why can't they re-open it after Messis records broken with consecutive hattricks, when they did it after Ronaldos hattrick against Sweden? This award is
becoming a joke.
It really is retarded that the voting closes in November,that doesn't make any sense at all. Well tbh It doesn't really matter that Messi broke the records,for Ballon d'Or I mean. The award is for the year 2014 and by Messi's insane standards this year was really bad.
http://messivsronaldo.net/calendar-year.php
Messi for Barcelona : 47 aps, 44 goals and 19 assists.
Ronaldo for Real : 46 apps, 50 goals and 18 assists.
Messi for Argentina: 14 caps, 8 goals and 2 assists.
CR7 for Portugal: 9 apps,5 goals and 1 assist. Ronaldo had a better year as you can see,he also won CL and to make it even more important it was the long-sought La Decima and Copa del Ray. Messi made the finals with Argentina and won the award but Messi didn't score even once after the group stage was done. I respect Messi, I really do but I think it's a joke that he won the award for this Wold Cup. James Rodriguez,Neymar and Muller all deserved it more than Messi did imo.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

It really is retarded that the voting closes in November,that doesn't make any sense at all. Well tbh It doesn't really matter that Messi broke the records,for Ballon d'Or I mean. The award is for the year 2014 and by Messi's insane standards this year was really bad.

Of course it matters, Messi could have an insane December which could have potentially turned the tide in his favour.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Of course it matters, Messi could have an insane December which could have potentially turned the tide in his favour.
That's exactly what I said,I think you misunderstood me. I also said that It's stupid that the voting got closed in November. I'm saying that him breaking those 2 records doesn't really matter for this Ballon d'Or because It's something that he worked on for years and he got it in 2014 which is his weakest season in a long time. People tend to misunderstand that Balon d'Or is an award for a calendar year and those 2 records have little to do with it.

Kohe321

Why wouldn't breaking these records (with hat tricks no less) not matter for Messi? The fact that he has played at an insane level lately while breaking them just adds to it, and it's infuriating that it doesn't count because voting has already stopped.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Why wouldn't breaking these records (with hat tricks no less) not matter for Messi? The fact that he has played at an insane level lately while breaking them just adds to it, and it's infuriating that it doesn't count because voting has already stopped.
I already answered that. "I'm saying that him breaking those 2 records doesn't really matter for this Ballon d'Or because It's something that he worked on for years and he got it in 2014 which is his weakest season in a long time. People tend to misunderstand that Balon d'Or is an award for a calendar year and those 2 records have little to do with it." . Guys just be honest, Messi in one hell of a player but this season was weak by his standards and both Ronaldo and Neur probably deserve this Ballon d'Or more than he does.

Kohe321

I already answered that. "I'm saying that him breaking those 2 records doesn't really matter for this Ballon d'Or because It's something that he worked on for years and he got it in 2014 which is his weakest season in a long time. People tend to misunderstand that Balon d'Or is an award for a calendar year and those 2 records have little to do with it." . Guys just be honest, Messi in one hell of a player but this season was weak by his standards and both Ronaldo and Neur probably deserve this Ballon d'Or more than he does.

We posted almost at the same time, didn't catch that post. I still disagree though, the fact that he has worked on these records for years doesn't take away from the feat of actually breaking them - and breaking them in the fantastic fashion he has done. Why shouldn't that count? He has been playing at a very, very high level lately, and he's also been pretty great since this season started after the summer break. Even if he scored less than usual for a while in the start, he was still completely instrumental to our general play and our biggest threat in attack.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
http://messivsronaldo.net/calendar-year.php
Messi for Barcelona : 47 aps, 44 goals and 19 assists.
Ronaldo for Real : 46 apps, 50 goals and 18 assists.
Messi for Argentina: 14 caps, 8 goals and 2 assists.
CR7 for Portugal: 9 apps,5 goals and 1 assist. Ronaldo had a better year as you can see,he also won CL and to make it even more important it was the long-sought La Decima and Copa del Ray. Messi made the finals with Argentina and won the award but Messi didn't score even once after the group stage was done. I respect Messi, I really do but I think it's a joke that he won the award for this Wold Cup. James Rodriguez,Neymar and Muller all deserved it more than Messi did imo.

Thank you very much, you proved my point earlier that these two players are of different leagues. While the difference between the two in terms of stats is marginal (again, Ronaldo scoring a few more goals is all there is), Messi is considered having a bad year while Ronaldo is considered having a great year. ;)

Messi has become a victim of his own success.

Home of Barca Fans