Real Madrid

Devils

Thanks Nostradamus. Remind me to ask you about the upcoming lottery

You know what else I see in the future? Your posts becoming more and more difficult for me to read. It would almost be as if I wont be able to read anything you write and I would have to ignore your existence completely.

This message is hidden because Messigician is on your ignore list.

Just as I predicted! It became true!

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

serghei

i'm still annoyed as fuck that this team won consecutive CL's

It's as Zidane said. It's harder to win La Liga against Barcelona than the Champions League. Some teams prefer Cup format, while other do best in a League format. Only a select few teams managed to show the same strenght in both competitions. It takes a lot, especially when you play in a really hard league like La Liga / EPL.

If you look last year, at the last 4 teams left, 3 of them were weak in their leagues (Liverpool, Roma, Madrid), and one of them had basically no competition (Bayern) winning the title by 20 points. Of course they were fresher than teams like Barcelona/City who carried exhausting campaigns in their leagues.

Last edited:

Morten

It's as Zidane said. It's harder to win La Liga against Barcelona than the Champions League. Some teams prefer Cup format, while other do best in a League format. Only a select few teams managed to show the same strenght in both competitions. It takes a lot, especially when you play in a really hard league like La Liga / EPL.

If you look last year, at the last 4 teams left, 3 of them were weak in their leagues (Liverpool, Roma, Madrid), and one of them had basically no competition (Bayern) winning the title by 20 points. Of course they were fresher than teams like Barcelona/City who carried exhausting campaigns in their leagues.

What "exhausting campaigns"? City and Barca had won their leagues in January, basically.

serghei

What "exhausting campaigns"? City and Barca had won their leagues in January, basically.

Huh? We were 5 points ahead of Atletico in march, coming in with a duel against them. So that's potentially 2 pts ahead of 2nd place in the middle of march. How is that league won in January?

Devils

They have Betis (away), Sevilla, Alaves and Atletico (away) in the next few weeks.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, Solari, who is a great manager and Diaz, who is a incredible signing will help them tremendously.

There is ZERO chance a club like Real Madrid could end up in the Europa league.

serghei

They have Betis (away), Sevilla, Alaves and Atletico (away) in the next few weeks.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, Solari, who is a great manager and Diaz, who is a incredible signing will help them tremendously.

There is ZERO chance a club like Real Madrid could end up in the Europa league.

They'll just give up like last year, since 4th is ensured probably, and focus on CL again. Sorry but Barca and Madrid can't end 5th with those squads even in the worst possible seasons.

Morten

They'll just give up like last year, since 4th is ensured probably, and focus on CL again. Sorry but Barca and Madrid can't end 5th with those squads even in the worst possible seasons.

Seeing as our squad is vastly overrated, we certainly can end up in 5th.

Alik

They'll give up, finish 5th, win the CL and qualify for next season's CL like that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Behind whom? Mighty Alaves?

If it was anybody it'd be Betis. They tend to kick in later in spring, even if they sucked earlier.

Solari won't likely last till Ajax if there is no turnaround in January. He's already done a boo-boo with that nugget about 'undervaluing draws'. Replacement is the issue. Only bad options out there at the moment.

Leo_Messi

They'll give up, finish 5th, win the CL and qualify for next season's CL like that.

They already did that during the 1999-00 season actually. The most absurd CL win that I can recall. The CL of Anelka as it was called in the Spanish press. They barely defeated Rosenborg away from home in a must win game in order to advance to the quarter-finals. Dynamo Kiev had 10 points as well but they were marginally worker in head-to-head games (1-2, 2-2).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999–2000_UEFA_Champions_League_second_group_stage

So you can't ever count them out in the CL no matter how pathetically bad they are otherwise. It's their favorite tournament after all.

Having said that, I highly doubt that they will win the CL this season but I said the same thing in 2016 and last year.

Last edited:

Joan

If it was anybody it'd be Betis. They tend to kick in later in spring, even if they sucked earlier.

Solari won't likely last till Ajax if there is no turnaround in January. He's already done a boo-boo with that nugget about 'undervaluing draws'. Replacement is the issue. Only bad options out there at the moment.

:mou:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I told Wolfe and Morten a while back that Mourinho will be the Real Madrid manager again soon.

If Pochettino says no to the job which wouldn't be unlikely, Mourinho is the next man in, and he'll get a blank cheque to buy whoever he want too.

Home of Barca Fans