Xavi Hernández

Givenchy

I'm not hating for hates sake but giving Xavi so much credit for playing the youngsters? His hands were tied by the financial situation and if he was given the money, I'm pretty sure we'd see more players of Ferran's ilk bloating the squad driving everyone mad.

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

I'm not hating for hates sake but giving Xavi so much credit for playing the youngsters? His hands were tied by the financial situation and if he was given the money, I'm pretty sure we'd see more players of Ferran's ilk bloating the squad driving everyone mad.
The lack of money simply made them play more often than they naturally would.

If we had money their develop/introduction would more closely match that of fort.

But If anyone seriously believes Xavi, the masia golden boy wouldn't have looked to the Academy and give debuts to the most talented player their, then it has to be because of being a hater.

Yamal, cubarsi and balde would still have gotten their debuts under Xavi if we had money to spend, they just wouldn't have played as much, which would have been a good thing.

Nor would gavi or pedri if we had money, but we don't.

jairzinho

IIRC even Ancelotti was fired despite winning the Decima. Football is about constant change and improvement. Last season we did reasonably well. This sesson not so much.

In fact, we have regressed. We did not win a single clasico in 3 attempts. Xavi himself does not exude confidence in the project. His language is defeatist. Time will tell if Flick is the answer though.

JohnN

Cubarsi played ahead of two senior defenders when they were available.
Yamal played instead of either ferran, Rafa or Felix when even available.
This is not a given. Whether he was overused is another issue.
Fermin was also trusted.
Balde I think broke through with koeman but I don't remember for sure.
what he did through during Xavi's time, is play ahead of Alba. Also not a given.

Despite all that it took xavi ages to understand that Romeu is not good enough.

jamrock

Fermin was also trusted.
what he did through during Xavi's time, is play ahead of Alba. Also not a given.

Balde came through under Xavi.
Gavi under Koeman.
And even then like you said he played him ahead of alba who still had gas left in the tank.

Nazario1985

Fermin was also trusted.

He played Feran until People on Mars told him to stop being that stupid.
He played Cubarsi (after choosing the wrong kid from the B team which was corrected by Rafa) because the other choices are DOG SHIT
He played Fermin because Pedri & FDJ & Gavi Injured
Yamal ? what choice does he have ..

As matter of fact if he had a choice he would have rested those kids, and now either this summer or next season if they are not fully rested ==> Ansu/Pedri/Gavi

JohnN

He played Feran until People on Mars told him to stop being that stupid.
He played Cubarsi (after choosing the wrong kid from the B team which was corrected by Rafa) because the other choices are DOG SHIT
He played Fermin because Pedri & FDJ & Gavi Injured
Yamal ? what choice does he have ..

As matter of fact if he had a choice he would have rested those kids, and now either this summer or next season if they are not fully rested ==> Ansu/Pedri/Gavi
This was the squad for the home game against PSG.
Mats
Koundé
Araújo
Cubarsí
Cancelo
Pedri
Gündogan
FDJ
Yamal
Lewandowski
Raphinha

same squad in Paris with sergi instead of pedri.

the two most important matches of the season, the whole squad was available and Xavi chose 16 and 17 yo starters.
this has never been done at this stage.

Nazario1985

this has never been done at this stage.
You can take a shit in the middle of the field and say "it has never been done at this stage"
Unless you win nobody gives a crap about what you did or did not.
Again who where they competing against in that squad ?
And if you have followed the thread since the start we were talking about the huge amount of minutes they had this season, NOT if they are worthy of a CL knock out game.

Home of Barca Fans