Why fan owned clubs are better

companyofcules

(Response to Serghei and the idea to sell the club, lost the discussion)
Pro

1. Keeps the comunity proactive, you can not end Milan style.
2. The club is predictable in the long run, it will never be a cow for investment funds like United, or a failed cow like Milan, Valencia.
3. Less big politics involved since you are able to avoid Berlusconi, Qatari kings or Putin's men. Look at the laughing machine Chelsea is now.
4. Elections push Presidents to bring big names no wonder Barcelona and to a lesser extent Real have almost all the big players in history playing for them.

5. Yes Barons can profit from the lack of European asociation between fan owned clubs to flood the market with money by bribing UEFA and English Federation EPL to allow them. They do that to ruin successful clubs and to replace them. But they do it for money, fame, not football.
But once they replaced them for good the investments will slow down to earn money an there is no guarantee bigger fish wouldn't buy Español 3 years later.
After all PSG, City are arab tactics to excape the oil trap not to enrich football.

6. Spain has the GDP per capita and the media coverage of a small country, selling Barcelona will guarantee Valencia status in 70 years once the hype goes out since you
can't get huge profits from Spain so you need to cut the flow of money.

7. It will be a crime against the work of generations. Better relegated than selling what we don't own and did nothing for it.

Cons
1. Since you are in a separatist region with a huge history and big frustrations you can get dragged in a toxic d measuring contest with a system Friendly's Real that can win trophies with lower investments so you risk overspending to compensate and to make the fans happy. (Barto wouldn't broke the bank if Real didn't win so easy 3 ucl with hilarious teams)

2. For the same reason you can get idiots in the board just because they are Catalan fanatics

3. You can be infiltrated by the state services to spice things up since you are the biggest hill in Catalunia's identity for average people. Barto might be an idiot or might be a tool because there was a huge independence referendum going on and some decisions are just insane. That would be extremely hard to find out, improbable because Spain is not Russia or Hungary, but you should never exclude that. Barca members should do careful background checks for staff.

(To respond to Real fans or Barca fans that that told me we need to change). We are all here because of tiki-taka. When I was young nobody was supporting Barcelona outside the comunity. Cruyff made Barcelona a global phenomenon that gathered some fans and then it just exploded from 2005. I mean Chelsea beat us but we aren't there to comment.
I don't think pre 90 fans are a huge percentage, or 94-2004, the big waves are 2005-2007, 2009-2012 and 2015-2017.
You are mostly here because tiki-taka absolute football. You are indeed a bit plastic and now you want to change our way for easy victories. Be more loyal and learn the to accept the struggle.

I just loved the dutch football and once I saw Camp Nou and the real colors it was too much to resist supporting. Then I was so lucky because Catalans have a gorgeous culture and history so I am happy I wasn't trying too hard with Liverpool back then since it's a boring city and a club that collapsed anyway up to mid 2000.

Home of Barca Fans