TV revenue

khaled_a_d

Surprised that nobody is discussing this:

According to new Spanish law, tv money of biggest Liga club will be limited to 4 times that of smallest. Gap is now 6.5 [via bloomberg]

Details: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...lona-will-have-tv-revenue-limited-by-law.html

How is this going to impact our revenue? Significant or insignificant?

From what I read previously It isn't gonna affect the current money we get from the deal ,but the next deal will be bigger so we get same money and the raise in the deal will go to other teams
seems fair tbh ,the current deal was awful to Liga clubs

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
It's a start, let's put it that way. Barcelona and Real Madrid should realise that they need La Liga as much as La Liga needs them, therefore the money from the tv rights should be collectivised in a big deal and distributed more evenly. It would benefit La Liga and in the long run also benefit every single team, including the big ones.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
More money for smaller clubs? Definitely. But I think it takes much more than simple tv money redistribution. Clubs have been spending more than they made in last decade and now they expect Barca and Real image to bail them out. Because, basically, that's exactly what it is.
How many people turn their tv for Getafe-Osasuna?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Isn't that latter part the case for any competition? Who turns on their tv for Freiburg - Hannover? Cagliari - Bologna? West Brom - Stoke...

it is true that a lot of clubs have structurally been spending more than their total income, and it has been the case in many competitions. With a good supervisor checking the club's expenditures this wouldn't be the case at all, but a lot of leagues just let it happen the past years.

Xtroverto

It is 15 times more, not 6,5 as the article suggest. To go down to 4, Barcelona and Madrid would have to give up a big chunk of the current deal. Even at 1 billion which I don't believe, at best Barcelona and Madrid would get 100 million each. Also, the only way to keep players from fleeing the Spanish league is to raise the income of the other teams.

Home of Barca Fans