Thiago Alcantara

rafals

Sport claims that only 20M went to Barca, the other 5M consists of a friendly within 4 years, also Thiago decided to have his wage lowered to make that deal possible.

Well, at least someone's number is now free. :neymar:

BarcaVillain

Sad to see him go.

The fee involved is fair too. The part I struggle with is how he thinks he's likely to get more game time in a midfield with Robben, Ribery, Muller, Gotze, Shaqiri and Kroos as potential attacking options. I rate Thiago but I'd say there are three players there that are better currently.

Not to worry, move on and re-invest, hopefully in a defender first, though we may now need some sort of midfield cover in the short term.

jklz

Sport claims that only 20M went to Barca, the other 5M consists of a friendly within 4 years, also Thiago decided to have his wage lowered to make that deal possible.

'The clubs have agreed a transfer fee totalling €25 million. FC Bayern will directly pay €20 million. The remainder will be financed by the proceeds of a friendly match agreed between the clubs. A further proportion of the remaining sum will be indirectly covered by Thiago Alcantara himself, as the player will forego part of his remuneration.'

Bayern's official website.

JamDav1982

How on earth does Thiagos wages mean anything to Barcelona and the friendly agreed months ago, unless they have decided that gate receipts now go to Barca?

25 Million for thiago isn´t even that bad.Don´t think he is worth much more actually.Isco also went for something like that.

Don't say it too loud, they are running out of arguments to hate Rosell ( even if they never cared about money in the first place).

Now Rosell is the devil for being Barca's president and looking out for barca's interest while Thiago is a heroe for being an ex barca player and looking only for his interests.
Bravo!

Sad to see him go.

The fee involved is fair too. The part I struggle with is how he thinks he's likely to get more game time in a midfield with Robben, Ribery, Muller, Gotze, Shaqiri and Kroos as potential attacking options. I rate Thiago but I'd say there are three players there that are better currently.

Not to worry, move on and re-invest, hopefully in a defender first, though we may now need some sort of midfield cover in the short term.

At Bayern, he'll have a coach who actually gives a shit about him, and will treat him far better than he was treated last season. Even if he isn't an automatic starter.

Alik

'The clubs have agreed a transfer fee totalling €25 million. FC Bayern will directly pay €20 million. The remainder will be financed by the proceeds of a friendly match agreed between the clubs. A further proportion of the remaining sum will be indirectly covered by Thiago Alcantara himself, as the player will forego part of his remuneration.'

Bayern's official website.

He wanted to leave us so bad...

jklz

He wanted to leave us so bad...

That's what you get when basically the only thing you tell him is 'to be patient' and to have a coach who cares more for a record than for him. There hasn't been any sign of the board even trying to hold on to him.

That's what you get when basically the only thing you tell him is 'to be patient' and to have a coach who cares more for a record than for him. There hasn't been any sign of the board even trying to hold on to him.

Nailed it.

I don't blame him for leaving when at Barca he's under a coach who'd play Xavi with a broken leg over him.

Home of Barca Fans