Referees

El Gato

Villarato!
I've no idea where the ref thread from General chat has gone. Someone can link if I missed it

Word is Lahoz is being forced to retire and Del Cerro, who is a UEFA ref, has been relegated to Segunda. Something that's without precedent in Spanish football history

CTA is in a proper crisis through this whole Negreira debacle

ajnotkeith

I've no idea where the ref thread from General chat has gone. Someone can link if I missed it

Word is Lahoz is being forced to retire and Del Cerro, who is a UEFA ref, has been relegated to Segunda. Something that's without precedent in Spanish football history

CTA is in a proper crisis through this whole Negreira debacle
They relegate the best refs and leave the worst ones, because they are subordinate to them and don't make a fuss.
Any ref who defies their commandments on what is a card and what isn't or any ref who has a personality gets demoted and removed.

They want to get rid of Ortiz Arias also who is one of the best refs in Spain, Lahoz who is also despite having a bad reputation, and Del Cerro Grande who is a UEFA ref.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ref ruined the game by allowing Getafe thugs to punch our players unsanctioned. Even my commentator who cheered on his Serbian compatriot in Getafe defense couldn't believe what were they allowed

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Certainly the worst of the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Xavi is absolutely right in saying with this kind of product La Liga won't be able to sell it to anybody.

Gnidrologist

Yeah, what is even the point of VAR in Spain, if it's used only whenever refs want to? They basically use it only when they WANT to overturn/question the obvious foul or give/cede the non-obvious infraction. Captains of the teams should have right to request VAR in situations, where it's waranted by rules and be obliged.

edit: ah okay, but even then it's useless, because they gave the absolute ridiculous hand ball to Gavi in that peno situation against Getafe. They fucking looked at the screen for 5 minutes and decided wrong. Really no use in corrupt and dumb Spain.

Home of Barca Fans