Question about attending an away match

PsylentStorm

Forgive me for asking, but I'm having trouble finding the best way to get tickets for an away match, as well as traveling to the stadium.

I would have loved to watch a match at Camp Nou, but unfortunately the only game I would be able to attend would be the away match at Villareal. I noticed that tickets were not on sale for that match, so I was wondering what was the best way to get tickets? Will the go on sale on the site eventually, or am I better off going through another site?

Lastly, how do you recommend travelling to Estadio El Madrigal? Is there a group that leaves from Barcelona and returns shortly after?

I don't travel much, and have made it a life goal to see Barca in person. Thank you so much for your help!

Trickykid

Hello!

There are forum members who know more about this than I do, but regarding tickets, you can always try to contact the club either via mail or telephone here: www.fcbarcelona.com/members/oab/detail/card/telephone-and-email-service
I've never attended an away game myself, but I believe they should be helpful in that regard.

I don't know about transportation, though, but perhaps they can help you on that matter too.

Have a fantastic trip in any case!

jj1873

Having attended a game at El Madrigal I would say that its a beautiful stadium in a nice town, but its a logistical nightmare.
We had a car which made it easier, but it was still about a 45 minute - 1 hour drive from Valencia. The roads around the stadium were small and narrow and trying to leave after the game was enough to make a grown man cry.

It depends on how far you are travelling to attend the game though, and where from?
If you have any questions then give me a shout and i'll try to help as best as I can.

PsylentStorm

Hi again! Sorry, we've been busy planning for this trip that I forgot to check this site :icon_neutral:

We're staying in Barcelona from the 30 Sep to 2 Aug, so we'll be traveling from Barcelona. We were looking into going from Barcelona to Villarreal by both train and cab. The problem with the train was that I couldn't find a return trip that night; it looked like we would have to stay the night at Villarreal if we wanted to take the train back. We would ideally like to be back in Barcelona that night since it's the actual night of our anniversary. If we took a cab, the price would be close to 500 eur round trip (from what I can tell).

We saw there was an option to travel with the team, so we are likely going to do that. I don't know the next time I will be in Spain again, let alone see Barca live. It's a little more than the cab fare, so for the convenience factor and a chance to see the players up close, it seems worth it.

jj1873, I'm happy to hear your experience at El Madrigal. It sounds like we have a few hours to walk around the city before the game. Do you have any recommendations on what to see or visit?

Home of Barca Fans