Official Board Agree To CVC Deal

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So it is confirmed, no CVC, at least for now. I guess we are still planning on selling 25% of future TV rights to somebody, just at better terms or terms that we would accept.

I am guessing the June 15 General Assembly will only give the club the OK to do so, without specifically naming who. By the way, only 2.5% of the "delegate socis" who are randomly drawn from the whole soci pool will be voting on this. Shucks.

Anyways, it is still bad but I am glad that we said no to CVC and their shitty terms (among which, 270m will have to be repaid) and slapped Tebas and Oscar Mayo in the face.

Last edited:

serghei

Fuck CVC and anyone trying to capitalize on our crap current situation to force shitty deals down our throats.

I'd rather get no CVC deal, get rid of all the veteran leeches, and struggle to barely make top 4 next season in the last round with an own goal.

If fans don't like it, hey, nobody said supporting Barca will be a permanent joy ride. Even if it may have seemed that way when we got on board.

Last edited:

vinni

From what i can find online we made 165 000 000 euros from tv rights in 2020/2021.
25% of that is 41 250 000 euro.
Assuming the amount stay the same in 50 years, thats 2062 500 000 euros..

Is it at easy as this or am i missing something?

Anyway seems like a terrible deal for us long term. Are we really that broke?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So it is confirmed, no CVC, at least for now. I guess we are still planning on selling 25% of future TV rights to somebody, just at better terms or terms that we would accept.

I am guessing the June 15 General Assembly will only give the club the OK to do so, without specifically naming who. By the way, only 2.5% of the "delegate socis" who are randomly drawn from the whole soci pool will be voting on this. Shucks.

Anyways, it is still bad but I am glad that we said no to CVC and their shitty terms (among which, 270m will have to be repaid) and slapped Tebas and Oscar Mayo in the face.

:lol: :lol:

Messigician

From what i can find online we made 165 000 000 euros from tv rights in 2020/2021.

That's awful

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

You are not missing anything. Laporta himself made the same calculations and he said in the interview with L'Esportiu that it sucks. But I guess they are forced to do it, we are that bad economically to do something this stupid.

The delegate socis will just rubber stamp it.

serghei

You are not missing anything. Laporta himself made the same calculations and he said in the interview with L'Esportiu that it sucks. But I guess they are forced to do it, we are that bad economically to do something this stupid.

The delegate socis will just rubber stamp it.

So we go with CVC or not. Now it's on, now it's off. The fuck is this?

What's the worst that can happen? So we don't register Kessie and Cristensen. So what? They aren't exactly Maldini and Nedved.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So we go with CVC or not. Now it's on, now it's off. The fuck is this?

What's the worst that can happen? So we don't register Kessie and Cristensen. So what? They aren't exactly Maldini and Nedved.

You never know these days. We sued CVC along with Madrid and Bilbao and then we negotiated with them for a long time and yesterday we apparently said yes and today we said no. Eventually they will sell 25% of the TV rights to somebody, CVC could be back on tomorrow, who knows? :lol:

The board wants to slash wages by 50%, I applaud their ambitions but I don't think that will happen. I don't know what will happen if we don't sell the TV rights or can't further reduce the wage bill, can we even register our existing squad? Nobody knows.

serghei

You never know these days. We sued CVC along with Madrid and Bilbao and then we negotiated with them for a long time and yesterday we apparently said yes and today we said no. Eventually they will sell 25% of the TV rights to somebody, CVC could be back on, who knows? :lol:

The board wants to slash wages by 50%, I applaud their ambitions but I don't think that will happen. I don't know what will happen if we don't sell the TV rights or can't further reduce the wage bill, can we even register our existing squad? Nobody knows.

Our current squad is already registered. Only new signings or new contracts have to get registered. That much should be clear. Find a bit of room with the 1/4 rule and that's it. You probably don't get enough to make more than 1-2 signings and extend Gavi but that should do it.

If that doesn't work either, sell De Jong and that's it. I'd rather sell De Jong than play around with the club's future for 40 fucking years.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Our current squad is already registered. Only new signings or new contracts have to get registered. That much should be clear. Find a bit of room with the 1/4 rule and that's it. You probably don't get enough to make more than 1-2 signings and extend Gavi but that should do it.

If that doesn't work either, sell De Jong and that's it. I'd rather sell De Jong than play around with the club's future for 40 fucking years.

Selling De Jong doesn't fix the problem by any stretch of the imagination.

If we want to clear the deficit now we have to enter nearly 800 million euros to just get our head above water. And that's just to get our head above water.

The root cause of the problem is ridiculous wages vs profit , which if we continue to perform poorly in UCL and league, won't change permanently until all the veterans and leeches leave. Will these signings we are planning to make, which have the club's fiscal future resting on their success, propel us to much more than what we are already doing?? Probably no..

I think a few years of not competing in CL, and using our youth, whilst we wait for the wage bill to lighten is preferable than just thinking short term and making future problems worse.

Last edited:

Messigician

Bar?a board members have said that if they presented the CVC deal in the general assembly, they?d be shooting themselves in the foot. "They?ll kick us out! But the other deals aren't much better..." they said.

? @_AdrianSnchz

Messigician

After not signing the CVC deal, Barcelona will try to apply a salary cut to the squad. This time not only to the captains, but to the whole team.

? @partidazocope

Fat chance

Andresito

Staff member
Close this thread.

FakeNewsGician as per usual as the board didn't agree to CVC deal. On to the next.

Home of Barca Fans