Noah Darvich

Andresito

Staff member
He looks very skinny. But I'm sure he has time to build some muscle. Yamal also looks like a stick.

This was Odegaard at 16. A bit bulkier than the other two.
140908153651-odegaard-action.jpg

Messi983

I think the plan for this season is to play regularly in UYL and get minutes off the bench for Barca Atletic which is perfectly fine. Unless ofc he starts to play great and establish himself as a starter there. But first season is meant for him to adapt living in a foreign country at a young age and then concentrate on his football development. As MATS said hopefully the club will give him time he needs to show his talent.

khaled_a_d

I think the plan for this season is to play regularly in UYL and get minutes off the bench for Barca Atletic which is perfectly fine. Unless ofc he starts to play great and establish himself as a starter there. But first season is meant for him to adapt living in a foreign country at a young age and then concentrate on his football development. As MATS said hopefully the club will give him time he needs to show his talent.

I am worried about him giving the club the needed time though.
Darvish needs a lot of work, and more importantly needs a decision on how & where (positionally) he develops.
He isn't a winger for sure, but is he a midfielder or a second striker? Feels a position like Wirtz will get the best of him but I think Barca will try to develop him into more of an attacking midfielder, and that won't give him the chance to shine early.
I can see him wanting to move out soon, as he isn't a 1 or two years project

Porque

Early days but needs alot of work and adaption to the role. He is going to find it difficult to break into the B team in midfield.

Might have to give him the Gavi treatment for now and have him at AmR as a 4th midfielder. Pocho is better this year, but not good enough to start against a higher potential project.

Messi983

Tbh with 16 yo kids I'm not as worried about where (what position) they play but more on how much and how they play. I know you can't perform to your best if not on your ideal position but it's not like we'd ask him to play in a totally new position like a CB he has never played before (I assume).

We don't need to define his position now and being versatile is always good to get minutes one way or the other. Just get him on the pitch and earn experience on a higher level he has played so far. Depending on form/availability of other BA players Marquez can use him in multiple positions.

We don't know what ambitions he has and what plans the club has presented to him (might be they promised him easier path to the first team based on recent examples of likes of Ansu, Gavi, Pedri and Yamal so he decided to come here rather than going to clubs whose offers were probably better from a financial standpoint) but he's only under contract until 2026 so both Barca and Darvich will have to make a decision over next two years anyway. Either renew and keep him at the club (loan ofc an option as well if they decide that's the best) or sell with buy back which we're doing nowadays with players like Nico, Chadi Riad,...who could potentially still have a longterm future at the club but are not ready yet. Ofc he's younger than them and also not homegrown so he might not want to return after leaving though.

But first thing first I think we should give him few months to fully adapt and then see if Rafa will give him a bigger role. I think he has higher ceilling than likes of Aleix Garrido (who I also like) but is understandably not as developed nor as familiar with the system yet.

khaled_a_d

Noah Darvich vs Mexico U17

65 Minutes Played
1 Goal
1 Assist
23 Touches
9/10 (90%) Accurate Passes
3 Key Passes
1/1 Accurate Long Ball
3 Shots on Target
1 Ground Duel Won
1 Time was Fouled

Efficient.

Messi983

Played well against New Zealand. Assist for 2nd goal and pre-assist for 3rd. Will post his HL if/when I find them but for now this.

Had a good free kick in 1st half and was well involved in the game. Started as AM but dropped deeper occasionally after Ouedraogo got injured before HT.

Germany have a good team overall and besides Darvich I also liked their LB Hennig (#13). Ouedraogo showed some flashes of his talent too before injury. With Schalke struggling in Bundesliga 2 might be worth keeping an eye on him but surely he'll end up in Bayern or probably some PL club.

Porque

What position he plays in the WC? Is he compareable to any top players with his style?

Germany is one of the sensations of the U-17 World Cup so far. He has beaten Mexico, New Zealand, and this Saturday Venezuela, with several names to highlight, but above all, one that stands out from the others, is that of Noah Darvich.

The player arrived in Barcelona this summer to the great project that the Culé quarry is carrying out with the total renewal of his Barça Atlétic and the youth, and he did it together with other signings such as Mikayil Faye or Eman Kospo's, but from Germany they warned: "this boy is different," newspapers such as Bild published.
And the reality is that it is a fact. In these three matches with Germany so far, he has shown that he is one step above. With the ball on his feet he is capital, and without him he is really a captain, it doesn't matter if he wears the bracelet or not. He overflows, faces, and even goes down to receive, something that he has not been seen doing in Barcelona until now as a routine since his position is usually more advanced.
It's a total '10′, everything revolves around it. Three assists and one goal in a group phase of the U-17 World Cup in which Germany has gone to the round of 16 as undefeated, with nine goals in favor, and only two against. It is the one that gives life to a great team, which also, in itself, is really superior in terms of level and physique.

---

The truth is that he has struggled so far to adapt and make an impact at the B. So it is great that he is performing at this tournament and can have a "reset" - Xavi style.

mc_lovin

German fans were really fucking bitter he joined us. That being said, who the fuck knows where he will end up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This new German generation is so awful I don't have high hopes, but he looks interesting.

Home of Barca Fans