Matthijs de Ligt

Newcomer

Have you seen a single qoute? The stories are all very JK Rowlingish. Imaginary. Commercial. Fictional.

Catalan media (bar the few reliable ones) are something else. They knew for a fact Griezmann was done and dusted and they invented a story about PSG and Griezmann having a total agreement...

Newcomer

You see conspiracies everywhere. Newsflash when there's smoke there's fire.

He is not saying that PSG-de Ligt links are not true. Raiola went to Paris as Di Marzio had reported the day before.

But saying PSG is selling those players to fund de Ligt is a lie. They are not connected at all.

Messigician

He is not saying that PSG-de Ligt links are not true. Raiola went to Paris as Di Marzio had reported the day before.

But saying PSG is selling those players to fund de Ligt is a lie. They are not connected at all.

The posts he is referring to are about the De Ligt to PSG stories.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mate, SPORT lies about everything. MD is a rag as well, but to be fair they at least have some sources from the board that leak them certain stories and use the paper to influence public opinion.

Why would SPORT be specifically lying about it? Quite simple actually. They know De Ligt to PSG is a trending topic so hoping on the bandwagon to provide some "supplementary information" that makes them appear credible is a shrewd move even though they have no real sources.

I've noticed that you're quite gullible and regularly post obvious rubbish reporting just so you can throw a fit over it.

Word of advice:

- Everything from SPORT is fake. If they get something correct it is usually by chance.
- MD are shite too. Keep an eye out for the information coming from the board. It's not difficult to spot after a while.
- Cadena Ser, RAC1 (NOT ROMERO), TV3, CAT RADIO, Onda Cero and COPE are usually pretty good. Be warned that not everything from these outlets is correct either and not every journalist working at the aforementioned stations are credible.

OK, so we choose not to believe Sport and MD, OK. Let's not believe what Mike Verweij etc. said either. Let's just believe what Oriol Domenech says, and since he was still optimistic as late as this past Monday we should all be optimistic.

Newcomer

OK, so we choose not to believe Sport and MD, OK. Let's not believe what Mike Verweij etc. said either. Let's just believe what Oriol Domenech says, and since he was still optimistic as late as this past Monday we should all be optimistic.
Mike Verweij is reliable for Ajax.
He will not be 100% right but he will not bullshit on purpose.
Those journos publish some outright lies just to sell.
Domenech is like Verweij, he can be wrong sometimes but won't bullshit on purpose.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mike Verweij is reliable for Ajax.
He will not be 100% right but he will not bullshit on purpose.
Those journos publish some outright lies just to sell.
Domenech is like Verweij, he can be wrong sometimes but won't bullshit on purpose.

Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic. Not just Sport and MD are saying PSG is close to signing De Ligt, the others (the more credible ones) too but we have some folks who rather believe their own sources and wishful thinkings. What can I say.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have been reading some of your posts and you're so hysterical it's funny. You don't even know what you're reading. Mike Verweij NEVER said that Matthijs had signed for PSG or was on verge of signing for PSG. He said PSG are in the pole position, but that PSG still fear it could end up like de Jong as Matthijs is yet to make a decision as he's enjoying some time off from football in Miami with his GF. Now I understand why people make fake news when people like you exist to make a huge drama out of it and not even research properly what you read, just take whatever you get from twitter from guys that spin stories to their liking. Grow up. If not physically then at least mentally.

I never said De Ligt has signed or is signing for PSG, I said all signs are pointing to that based on credible sources like Mike V.

OK, you can choose to not believe what he said about his girlfriend and mother in law being spotted in Paris doing house hunting. And then we heard so many times we are not upping our offer and we are staying put. I put the dots together and I am thinking it is pretty close. Not definitive but close.

Put me on the ignore list if you don't like reading what I post. Thank you.

Tackle

Mike Verweij is Ajax's best reporter and insider. His opinion overrides everyone else's when it come to Ajax players. Why shouldn't we believe him?

Oriol Domenech is a proper journalist and yes he said he's still optimistic that De Ligt will come to us, but that is his personal conviction, not the information from his actual sources. The latest from him is that De Ligt is still undecided, Raiola is pushing for him to go elsewhere and lots of other bits that suggest De Ligt is not as close to us anymore. He is not saying we are surely going to sign him anymore like he was a month ago.

Don't just blindly believe a source because it's tier 1. Some sources are better than others and many times inferences have to be made. Also learn to separate a journalist's opinion and speculation from the real information he's getting from his sources.

The real news about De Ligt right now is:

- Nothing is finalized
- PSG is in pole position to sign him
- He is moving further away from Barca

The fake news:

- SPORT talking about PSG offering him double the salary that Barca is offering
- PSG having to sell players in order to buy him
- The deal is closed

Hope that helped.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mike Verweij is Ajax's best reporter and insider. His opinion overrides everyone else's when it come to Ajax players. Why shouldn't we believe him?

Oriol Domenech is a proper journalist and yes he said he's still optimistic that De Ligt will come to us, but that is his personal conviction, not the information from his actual sources. The latest from him is that De Ligt is still undecided, Raiola is pushing for him to go elsewhere and lots of other bits that suggest De Ligt is not as close to us anymore. He is not saying we are surely going to sign him anymore like he was a month ago.

Don't just blindly believe a source because it's tier 1. Some sources are better than others and many times inferences have to be made. Also learn to separate a journalist's opinion and speculation from the real information he's getting from his sources.

The real news about De Ligt right now is:

- Nothing is finalized
- PSG is in pole position to sign him
- He is moving further away from Barca

The fake news:

- SPORT talking about PSG offering him double the salary that Barca is offering
- PSG having to sell players in order to buy him
- The deal is closed

Hope that helped.

OK, so not looking good for us and PSG appears to be the one that is most likely to sign him.

Don't know what I have said differently.

Tackle

OK, so not looking good for us and PSG appears to be the one that is most likely to sign him.

Don't know what I have said differently.

The part where you posted the rumour from SPORT saying that PSG would have to sell players to buy De Ligt and gave it credence by saying why would they be lying about it?

That is what started this entire conversation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The part where you posted the rumour from SPORT saying that PSG would have to sell players to buy De Ligt and gave it credence by saying why would they be lying about it?

That is what started this entire conversation.

OK, new forum rule: Nothing from Sport or MD is allowed moving forward.

Got it.

Home of Barca Fans