Matthijs de Ligt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was about time our clown veteran-loving manager is going to cost us the signing of a top talent. :facepalm:

As much as I dislike Valverde, he didn't cost us this signing. The fact we are bottlers didn't sway De Ligt's decision (PSG is a bottler too). No matter who is in charge, with Pique still having gas left in his tank, Lenglet and Umtiti, De Ligt will have competition here.

He is going to PSG because of more money and guaranteed playing time/starter status. Pure and simple.

Devils

[tw]1139224106425970688[/tw]

MORE NEWS:

He wont come because he wont be a guaranteed starter, which essentially comes down to our disgusting manager.

#FuckValverde

Jair Ventura

If he comes to PSG it’s to lead the defensive sector after Thiago leaves, but I’m still unconvinced this isn’t a ploy to draw a larger offer from Barca.

Tekkers

won't be a guaranteed starter but rakitic will be?

barca should definitely be prioritizing other positions this summer but that's rather telling

Givenchy

once he joins PSG, if it does come out it wasn't purely financial (i'm thinking Jair might be right).. Barto and Valverde are going to get slaughtered by the Barca fans. Griezmann won't be enough to calm cules after Madrids business + last seasons fuck up. heck most are still raging on twitter their hatred for Griezmann

Andrew M

once he joins PSG, if it does come out it wasn't purely financial (i'm thinking Jair might be right).. Barto and Valverde are going to get slaughtered by the Barca fans. Griezmann won't be enough to calm cules after Madrids business + last seasons fuck up. heck most are still raging on twitter their hatred for Griezmann

I doubt the local fans will be too bothered about it if that's who you mean. he's just a CB after all

xxxxxx

Going to PSG destroys careers, so he'll learn the hard way. But if he's expecting PSG to let him go in 2 or 3 years, he has another thing coming. They're a hard team to escape.

As I said, PSG may seem like a big club.... but they're not. They only recently became a decent side 6 years back. Their record in the Champions League is awful, despite them spending nearly 1.1b on players. Imagine having teams like Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona going after you and then choosing PSG.

He apparently said he won't grow at Barcelona..... but he will at PSG? He'll get more playing time at Barcelona than he will at PSG.

Anyway, I don't really care all that much now. It's his career, but I feel it's a worse move than going to Man Utd. At Utd he'll play against better teams and better players each week.... at PSG he won't. This honestly could destroy his potential.

xxxxxx

I really can't fault him. If PSG is offering crazy money + playing time, then take it. It's a win win.

Players like Mbappe and Deligt are still young. At 24/25 they will have the option to move on. It's up to them.

You're joking, right? Those PSG billionaire owners don't let their big young stars go. The only way you can get their stars if you pay their buyout clause, which is way too expensive.

Givenchy

you cant say PSG destroy careers dude, just look at Barca with Malcom. we are no better with that cunt managing us

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
De Ligt is afraid of competition, that's why he took the easy way out.

Not an economic issue my ass. He hired Raiola. I bet he would have signed with us if we had offered the same amount of money: 10m net + 5m bonuses + 20m to the Fat Rat.

Home of Barca Fans