Matthijs de Ligt

MTL_Barca

What what you guys do with the 80m we will have then? I would spend it on Ndombele and let Rakitic leave, a Ndombele-De-Jong duo might be iconic. Otherwise I would get a winger(LW) besides a 9.

If Semedo leaves, I think his fee will pay for his replacement.

Well i doubt we just have extra 80M then. Just spend less i guess. With Valverde staying and most likely all seniors keeping their starting spots for another year it doesn't really matter anyway.

Besides De Ligt there is no defender i would like to sign. And even midfield (biggest weakness imo) is hard, especially since there's a good chance Busi-Raki will occupy 2 of 3 spots in the majority of games regardless of who gets bought.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree with you De Ligt is a special opportunity and if we miss out on him we shouldn't sign any other CB this summer. With Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet and Todibo we are well covered for the next season. Investing in De Ligt means investing in the future and not solving short term issues so we should definitely try make another final push for him.

I agree too. We need to give Todibo as much game time as possible to see if he really can make it for the long run. Pique will be a starter next season definitely, however next summer (2020) I'd want us to get a good young CB who can replace Pique and play on the right. With Umtiti I can only hope he puts his shit together and gets the surgery done ASAP so he can refocus. If not, sell him next summer the latest.

MTL_Barca

Ajax lost to weak Tottenham,Holland of Portugal, he had mistakes both there and there. Is it really necessary to suffer so for him?

Thats an odd way of looking at things. De Ligt is a very special player, i seriously don't understand how some people can say otherwise.

That's like doubting Mbappe based on a couple bad games and these gifs that make fun of him.

Is it the end of the world if De Ligt doesn't join? Of course not. Is he a great and really special talent? Absolutely.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What what you guys do with the 80m we will have then? I would spend it on Ndombele and let Rakitic leave, a Ndombele-De-Jong duo might be iconic. Otherwise I would get a winger(LW) besides a 9.

We don't have the 80m sitting anywhere though. We were hoping we could sell some players to cover De Ligt's transfer but we haven't made any sales so far. Gomes plus Cucurella would only get us 40 to 50m tops.

I don't think we will go for Ndombele with having just signed De Jong and the fact we still have Busquets, Raktic and Vidal here. I too would want us to get him and offload Rakitic at this point but I don't think it will happen.

Save the money since we are really short of it and spend it on Firpo and a possible CF prospect.

VN10

Cute people think De Ligt will stay here for 15 years with Raiola as his agent. Ignoring the fact the guy openly said he wants to play in England

He did not say that mister non info. He was asked if the BPL would be something for him and he responded that it would yes, just like every other top league.

VN10

Thats an odd way of looking at things. De Ligt is a very special player, i seriously don't understand how some people can say otherwise.

That's like doubting Mbappe based on a couple bad games and these gifs that make fun of him.

Is it the end of the world if De Ligt doesn't join? Of course not. Is he a great and really special talent? Absolutely.

This.

Zidane82

I’d feel so much more confident if we had even a half decent manager ..

As things stand , looking from De Ligt’s point of view , taking into account - how we play , recent results, how fabulous players like Coutinho, Dembele and Samedo are misused and mismanaged- I would stay away ..

mc_lovin

it's for the best the board doesn't spend so much on a shiny hyped toy when they don't really need a cb.

We kind of need one though. Umtiti is done. We have 2 dependable centrebacks currently. We may delay signing a new one if De Ligt decides against us, but we really cant save a 70ME investment down the line. And 70-80ME is a very reasonable price for De Ligt.

Then again, its his decision. We shouldnt offer insane wages.

Sorin

[tw]1138791807129722880[/tw]

Welp, good luck. Hope we are not stupid enough to give him those wages from the get go.

Develop a couple of years at his current rate and I'm pretty sure we'll renew his contract in the blink of an eye. We are after all renowned for giving hefty pay increases to players if they perform well. Hell, we give ridiculous new contracts to guys who don't hack it at the top level anymore, nevermind players that are performing at world class level.

The reported wage offer from our camp, the one that matches De Jong's, is more than enough from our point of view, I hope.

Tekkers

ndombele should've been the primary target this summer. the midfield is the biggest area of concern for barca and outside of the lb spot barca have no serious issues in defense

Home of Barca Fans