Marc Bernal

Porque

Rumours are Arsenal are one of the many clubs after him.

Guess we can't go as slowly as we may had wished with him.

khaled_a_d

Rumours are Arsenal are one of the many clubs after him.

Guess we can't go as slowly as we may had wished with him.

He will be renewing most likely, Arsenal can't sign him before summer 2025 and Arteta isn't exactly known for promoting youngsters.
Plan shouldn't change due to interest, but I think being broke would have pushed him for first team anyway

BusiTheKing

Seems an intelligent and technically proficient player. Just afraid he's one more midfield talent who simply doesn't meet the physical standards of modern football. I mean he's 16 and runs like an old man.

I don't know. He might make up for it with other stuff. But I do feel like you can maximum have one of these types in your midfield, which would allow others to cover for it. We already have Pedri (weak, no acceleration, no stamina) and Gavi (too slow) in that category.

khaled_a_d

Niether Bernal or Gavi are slow midfielders by any mean tbh, especially the later.

Bernal is tall, and at 16 it is normal that he niether hit his full body strength nor speed.

His main issue from all what I've watched is that he is still a CM whom we just put in DM. Too much of a Nico Gonzalez in his display so far. He enjoys going forward, adding assists, being part of build up in opponent's one 3rd, even deal with pressure there too well.

But in our one third and at start of build up he is a bit lost, like he isn't interested

Last edited:

jamrock

Gavi isn't slow, he's pretty much as close as it gets to the perfect modern midfielder especially considering he's la masia.

BusiTheKing

Gavi is strong on the first few metres but he has absolutely no top speed. Tracking back over distance, he's a liability.

Has to do with his way of running.

Home of Barca Fans