Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm not sure I would if I was him given it was the perfect ending, however playing in the MLS might prolong his career enough for him still to be very good for the 2026 World Cup for an Argentina squad that should still be one of the big favorites as long as Scaloni is there and AFA don't destroy the team somehow.

soul24rage

I'm not sure I would if I was him given it was the perfect ending, however playing in the MLS might prolong his career enough for him still to be very good for the 2026 World Cup for an Argentina squad that should still be one of the big favorites as long as Scaloni is there and AFA don't destroy the team somehow.
I trust him to make the best decision based on how he feels physically. If Scaloni leaves, then yeah no way will Messi participate.

There might be an aspect for him of wanting to participate in a World Cup without the pressure of needing to win one with most of the core players going to be in their prime when the tournament starts.

KingLeo10

Nah, his physical level simply won't hold up by 2026, no matter how hard he tries. He'll be 39 by then.

Best for his last WC memory to be that epic against France.

JohnN

Don't think he will be on the required level by then. MLS is good for retirement and enjoying football but won't help him prepare at that age. Don't really care if he does take part in that one. 2022 was an epic epilogue.

Messigician

pionel pessi will certainly do everything he can to play the next World Cup as Argentina are favourites and he is shameless in trophy padding despite not being a main star see his first UCL

Andresito

Staff member
pionel pessi will certainly do everything he can to play the next World Cup as Argentina are favourites and he is shameless in trophy padding despite not being a main star see his first UCL
Prime Messigician would be rolling in his grave if he read this.

Home of Barca Fans