Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

malvolio

Pretty much what you described in your previous post......
Club didn't submit any formal proposal. Messi waited for them and since nothing concrete was happening he decided to move.

Club on the other hand knew the issues but continued with this charade. Messi didn't say nothing, worked on his next move and decided to act. Not in his hands to ask for anything.

Offer wasn't presented in 2021 and wasn't presented now. Club just acted clownish with no reason other than appear interested.

Raketa10

Leo made the best possible decision for him and for Barca. At 36y of age this was the most logical step. Good luck GOAT in the next chapter of your career! I hope you will get the well deserved farewell game in the New Camp Nou.

Temptation

Club didn't submit any formal proposal. Messi waited for them and since nothing concrete was happening he decided to move.

Club on the other hand knew the issues but continued with this charade. Messi didn't say nothing, worked on his next move and decided to act. Not in his hands to ask for anything.

Offer wasn't presented in 2021 and wasn't presented now. Club just acted clownish with no reason other than appear interested.

More like both parties had no interest in a union and just kept "wishing for it" publicly to emerge as the nice guys in the eyes of the fans.

From a neutral perspective, it's pretty clear what both sides are pulling here.

Temptation

I want a testimonial game of Messi's Barca 11 vs Rest of Barca.

He can have Suarez, Ronaldinho and Neymar and other close friends on his side.

malvolio

More like both parties had no interest in a union and just kept "wishing for it" publicly to emerge as the nice guys in the eyes of the fans.

From a neutral perspective, it's pretty clear what both sides are pulling here.
Messi really didn't say anything, club did. Messi was waiting for an offer, it never came.

I'd say we were spared of more drama with him not waiting for Laporta to submit something.

Temptation

Messi really didn't say anything, club did. Messi was waiting for an offer, it never came.

I'd say we were spared of more drama with him not waiting for Laporta to submit something.

Ofcourse Messi didn't say anything.

His mouthpiece/dad/entourage did. It's always that way.

What makes you think Messi will go out of character and deliver those lines himself in public?

ajnotkeith

One important and true part of Messi's interview was this - 'I didn't want the club to have to make sales and salary cuts and then to be attacked because of that for trying to sign me'.

Said, obviously, in the knowledge that his wage demands were very high and the club would need to make huge sacrifices for them.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Some Barca fans may be happy he is not coming but it's a terrible indictment of our potential recruitment this summer if we can't afford a free transfer on 25m a year.

Looks like it will be a long hard summer scrapping for over the hill free transfers and the prognosis for next season is looking bleak bleak bleak.

Who will entertain us? We will still keep clean sheets with Don Araujo but will that be enough to hold off Madrid who are spending for fun ?

Home of Barca Fans