Lionel Messi - v7

Tackle

Messi: "Now they cling to the fact that I did not say it before June 10, when it turns out that on June 10 we were competing for La Liga in the middle of this awful coronavirus and this disease altered all the season."

This sounds more like a power-move than somebody that is announcing he is going to stay. Trying to guilt trip the board and publicly shame them into transferring him.

Porque

Seeing this interview. He should have put a transfer request in and said he wants to play in England before ending his career.

Givenchy

i knew it from the beginning. him wanting to leave was all a bluff to get bartomeu to resign

Messi will end up retiring here now imo

Next board will do everything in their power to keep him happy and will use that as a political promise. just hope this doesn't mean Suarez stays

Devils

“My son, my family, they grew up here and are from here. There was nothing wrong with wanting to leave. I needed it, the club needed it and it was good for everyone. My wife, with all the pain of her soul, supported and accompanied me”

Ritchie

i knew it from the beginning. him wanting to leave was all a bluff to get bartomeu to resign

He admitted his wife and kids didn't want to leave which was why I was surprised at what he did.

I don't think it was a bluff so much as it was a tantrum after the Bayern game (as he's done before with Argentina). He's a very sensitive individual.

JamDav1982

Unless he realises the biggest failing of the board is letting team rot to an old core that had too much impact on everything from coaches, training and tactics he is part of the problem.

Best for all if City come in and bid.

xxxxxx

Messi will end up retiring here now imo

Next board will do everything in their power to keep him happy and will use that as a political promise. just hope this doesn't mean Suarez stays

We can't keep him happy if we can't compete on the pitch. The new board won't have any money to solve these problems. Besides, there are no guarantees the new board will even do a good job. And, he can just sign a pre-contract with a new team in January regardless. The new board can't stop that.

Home of Barca Fans