Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

malvolio

Apart from the usual trolls that have an anti Barca agenda anyway, I see a return of the Bayern dick sucking contest that happened not long ago on this forum.

I also notice that the ones sucking Flick's dick and praising Bayern are brainwashed into thinking amigos era is the way this club has always functioned and that needs to change.

For all the muppets that started following this club yesterday - Barca philosophy or way of playing does not equal amigos, Pep era or whatever you like to call that period. The Cruyff dream team played a certain way, Rijkaard Barca also played differently and the teams after 2018 also had nothing to do with what we played under Pep. This also applies to training, nutrition etc

I didn't see these clowns complaining in 2011 about our training regimen or our tactics. Suddenly they discovered Bayern and think that is the model to follow. A club without domestic rival, that only won CL finals against some mediocre teams.

Flick hasn't built anything at Bayern, in fact the club didn't even want to back him in the transfer market. The guy is a nobody on the world stage, no big club approached him. Yet, idiots want him to rebuild Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Considering even Bayern themselves are hesitant to consider Flick again and are going all-in for Alonso who's super impressive, but still a rookie, and Klopp who has already said he want a year off, you have to assume there's something about him that isn't as perfect as some people want to portray him out to be.

We've also heard a Bayern fan's perspective here too. It's not all rosy.

That's not to say he's a bad option. He's one of the top options along with a few others, but let's not act like he's Pep Guardiola or Klopp here.

Loki

Flick hasn't built anything at Bayern, in fact the club didn't even want to back him in the transfer market. The guy is a nobody on the world stage, no big club approached him. Yet, idiots want him to rebuild Barca.
But he won the sextuple 😭😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

KingLeo10

Apart from the usual trolls that have an anti Barca agenda anyway, I see a return of the Bayern dick sucking contest that happened not long ago on this forum.

I also notice that the ones sucking Flick's dick and praising Bayern are brainwashed into thinking amigos era is the way this club has always functioned and that needs to change.

For all the muppets that started following this club yesterday - Barca philosophy or way of playing does not equal amigos, Pep era or whatever you like to call that period. The Cruyff dream team played a certain way, Rijkaard Barca also played differently and the teams after 2018 also had nothing to do with what we played under Pep. This also applies to training, nutrition etc

I didn't see these clowns complaining in 2011 about our training regimen or our tactics. Suddenly they discovered Bayern and think that is the model to follow. A club without domestic rival, that only won CL finals against some mediocre teams.

@BJJ
The Mighty Bayern v AC Milan in CL: 1 W, 2 D, 5 L in 8 games

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/history/h2h/50058/50037/

Barcelona v AC Milan in CL: 8 W, 5 D, 4 L in 17 games

Bayern is the only European team against which we have a bad record historically. Shit happens, and a lot of that record has to do with timing of the ties. Look at how we fared v Milan (a historical giant in CL for example), who wiped the floor with Bayern because Bayern faced them a lot in the 00s when they were shit and Milan were great.

Another recent example is Klopp's Liverpool v RM

Liverpool hasn't won any of their last 8 games v RM in the CL, and they've had a top 3-5 team in the world + Klopp

Moral of this lesson is: Stop being a BlowJobJohnny and learn to see beyond your "Barca is awful and every other club has the better model" glasses. Football has ebbs and flows. No team (including RM) have managed success for perpetuity. RM actually went 30+ years without a CL between 1966 and 1998. So, shut the fuck up and recognize that the club has been in a bad place for years but will maybe come back on top again in some years. But it will take years.

P.S. It's very easy to cry 'Barca and Barca fans are awful' and deride other posters. I very recently saw a post by you stanning for Amrabat as our DM in summer 2023. Amrabat has been perhaps the most awful player in the PL this season. So, no, you're not some genius and even some of the bums we have in the Barca front office are better than you.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine after all this talk about Nagelsmann v De Zerbi v Flick they end up hiring the haramball merchant Tuchel.

Would be the most Barcelona-thing ever.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Imagine after all this talk about Nagelsmann v De Zerbi v Flick they end up hiring the haramball merchant Tuchel.

Coach wise Tuchel is one of the best

it's his difficult character which will be a disaster

so yeah stay away from that guy

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

would genuinely give up on football.

Honestly don't understand why everyone is so against flick, he comes in for a year to see what he can do, if he sucks hes gone after a year and we try for klopp.
It works out ok, if not move on, just dont give managers 3 years if they dont show any signs progress, style of play etc.

De Zerbi as good as he is has massive questions marks around managing bigger clubs and his personality, he has a similar problem to Ange at spurs where theyre not quite as adaptable and can lose by big scorelines when it goes wrong - which is something that we need to avoid moving forward.

Any coach we appoint has a risk... but yeah typical barca forum things.

Last edited:

Windhook

Tuchel has more credentials, while Flick crash landed as one-hit wonder. Germany NT results were a disaster and Flick ought to know, being around in the system since 2006.

I'm not rooting for Tuchel whatsoever, I'm just being real. Either it's Rafa Marquez or Tuchel. Already said De Zerbi will cost huge amount and although he's promising, not worth the 30m or more compensation to Brighton for an unproven guy.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Tuchel has more credentials, while Flick crash landed as one-hit wonder. Germany NT results were a disaster and Flick ought to know, being around in the system since 2006.

I'm not rooting for Tuchel whatsoever, I'm just being real. Either it's Rafa Marquez or Tuchel. Already said De Zerbi will cost huge amount and although he's promising, not worth the 30m or more compensation to Brighton for an unproven guy.
Tuchel has more experience and outside a single champions league win whereby pep basically gifted it to him has accomplished nothing in recent history - France doesn't count.
his track record in identifying talent is terrible, his teams eg Chelsea were had a terrible attack and relied heavily on defence, his stint at Bayern has been absolutely abysmal. He is absolutely a terrible choice both with his body of work and his difficult personality. Its better to take a chance on a less proven manager if he may result in better outcomes.

Porque

1. Naggelsmann
2. De Zerbi
3. Flick
4. Motta
5. Tuchel

For me. And obviously ignoring Klopp and Xabi who would be 1 and 2.

Tuchel is an excellent manager but has consistently falling out with management, and his Bayern stint leaves more questions than answers.

Motta is the hipster choice but do me a favor and watch Bologna later. He is going places.

Meanwhile for a project Naggingman seems by far the most reliable and exciting option.

De Zerbi if you got balls of steel. Could be an absolute crack if he hits it off. But also could be Vilas-Boas II.

Flick body of work as first team manager is so small. He caught lightning In a bottle at Bayern and they were incredible under him for 18 months.
-Can he do it again?
-Does he have the tactical guile and leadership to lead a bunch of Catalans when they go a goal behind In minute 10?
-Does he have the authority to not get these Catalan Buffet boys to not run out of stamina on minute 60?

Tune in next season to find out. ;)

Windhook

Tuchel has more experience and outside a single champions league win whereby pep basically gifted it to him has accomplished nothing in recent history - France doesn't count.
his track record in identifying talent is terrible, his teams eg Chelsea were had a terrible attack and relied heavily on defence, his stint at Bayern has been absolutely abysmal. He is absolutely a terrible choice both with his body of work and his difficult personality. Its better to take a chance on a less proven manager if he may result in better outcomes.
I agree. He's a weirdo in a football sense. Apparently he fails with big ego players in PSG and Bayern, but he's more succesful with stepping stone clubs like 2021 Chelsea and previously Dortmund. His profile fits our current squad. Youngsters and few German speaking key players.

The thing is everyone is gearing up for Klopp's return announcement in 2026 or 2027. Whoever gets appointed as Barca manager during that time is limited as the club is far away from competing for the big trophies.

Home of Barca Fans