Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

Porque

Don't see what Deco said is really wrong. I think he and/or Laporta really want someone with experience in a big club and Amorim lacks that (with all respect to SCP). At the same time I also believe it was Deco's way of saying he rates Amorim and we could consider him again in few years but he's just not realistic right now.

He mentioned our financial problems and the fact coaches won't want to join us because of that but didn't really go out saying publicly we can't afford any coach we'd have to pay (release clause) to get which I think we can all assume is the case.

I've been a fan of Amorim since his short stint at Braga and followed him close at Sporting but I wouldn't pay 30m for him (or any coach not named Pep or Klopp tbf) even if our financial situation would be much better. It's a bigger risk than paying 100m+ for players (if they flop you can maybe still get something for them, if a coach does then in the end you probably need to pay him off to leave) and we've seen how those big money transfers have worked out for us.

I think the issue with Amorim is more his BO than his experience though. IMO his experience is enough to jump to the next level. I'm of the opinion that just as our transfer targets have to be good current level with high potential, our managerial choice should be the same. Someone who has/is showing great man management, astute tactical ability while of course performing a football entertaining enough. This is results based entertainment business afterall.

So in that light we shouldn't really be ruling out options like Amorim because he doesn't have top league experience.

Back to Xavi, he had his question marks before coming. Namely European experience, and contintental failures. And he didn't really evolve from that here. He has one last shot in the CL, but let's be honest, with the defence leaking as much as it is and the time showing a lack of control against good opposition, or even low opposition, it is only a matter of time until we are knocked out.

BTW, here is Bologna latest game. I'm not really too concerned with the result, but what is interesting is the post match interview of Motta. He carries and speaks as someone who has a high capacity for not just understanding the game but communicating the game.

I think after the Xavi exit, the board have got a bit scared of failure over their next choice. And with that will go with the safest option just as Bartomeu went with Valverde.

Messigician

I think the issue with Amorim is more his BO than his experience though. IMO his experience is enough to jump to the next level. I'm of the opinion that just as our transfer targets have to be good current level with high potential, our managerial choice should be the same. Someone who has/is showing great man management, astute tactical ability while of course performing a football entertaining enough. This is results based entertainment business afterall.

So in that light we shouldn't really be ruling out options like Amorim because he doesn't have top league experience.

Back to Xavi, he had his question marks before coming. Namely European experience, and contintental failures. And he didn't really evolve from that here. He has one last shot in the CL, but let's be honest, with the defence leaking as much as it is and the time showing a lack of control against good opposition, or even low opposition, it is only a matter of time until we are knocked out.

BTW, here is Bologna latest game. I'm not really too concerned with the result, but what is interesting is the post match interview of Motta. He carries and speaks as someone who has a high capacity for not just understanding the game but communicating the game.

I think after the Xavi exit, the board have got a bit scared of failure over their next choice. And with that will go with the safest option just as Bartomeu went with Valverde.
Motta is a very smart man he understoods football the way I do

My pick to coach us certainly over Flick

Porque

8f141dd3f9b17596668fa382da121edcfea735d1.gif

Andresito

Staff member
I read some reports about Xabi Alonso, which must be horseshit.

Really can't see us getting a manager that has offers from other big clubs. Alonso could probably choose between Liverpool, Madrid and Bayern, three clubs with stability and financial power to provide him means to develop the football he wants to play and sign players he needs.

At Barca we would give him a pile of shit and ask him to paint a masterpiece. It's such an ungrateful job.

The reasoning of not signing managers because they don't have offers from other big clubs.. well, those are the only ones we can get.

ajnotkeith

I read some reports about Xabi Alonso, which must be horseshit.

Really can't see us getting a manager that has offers from other big clubs. Alonso could probably choose between Liverpool, Madrid and Bayern, three clubs with stability and financial power to provide him means to develop the football he wants to play and sign players he needs.

At Barca we would give him a pile of shit and ask him to paint a masterpiece. It's such an ungrateful job.

The reasoning of not signing managers because they don't have offers from other big clubs.. well, those are the only ones we can get.
I don't think our situation is as bad as that, though I doubt he would come here.
We don't actually have a bad team but we are misusing it. Gundogan, Frenkie, Raphinha, Lewa, MATS, Araujo etc are players who are extremely well regarded around the world. Not to mention the youth like Pedri, Lamine or Gavi.

There is talent there, for those who want to see, but it needs to be developed properly by a serious manager.

In terms of the financial situation, it is solveable but we have to make sacrifices with sales, something Madrid have done when they need it, and we need to.

Temptation

Not really the same style of play, but they understand the positional game
Then wtf is "Barca DNA"?

Never understood these labels: "Barca DNA", "United Way"..........

All it signifies is blatant nepotism and irrational appointments based on past associations with the club in an entirely different capacity.

Cringeworthy.

KingLeo10

Then wtf is "Barca DNA"?

Never understood these labels: "Barca DNA", "United Way"..........

All it signifies is blatant nepotism and irrational appointments based on past associations with the club in an entirely different capacity.

Cringeworthy.

"You'll never walk alone"

Every club has these gimmicks and tribal mantras

They're all various degrees of cringeworthy

Home of Barca Fans