27 - Lamine Yamal

jamrock

It is alphabetic, not coincidence. If you read the full list it will be an easy observation mate. No one will put Andrey Santos as 49th and Angelo ahead of him. Let's be real. Never mind Gavi was something in the 30's too by your logic.

Oh yea facts you right, I just skip to the end of the list, lol.

Ain't nobody cares about what would have been the 50th best young players.

khaled_a_d

You seem to be following Barca youth more than most here. What's your projection about this guy? Is he juxtaposed with Pedri much. Could he be like a better Pedri in terms of offense, allowing Pedri to settle in a deeper role?

You are giving me too much credit here :lol:
My rule of thumb is to not bother by prospects who are under 16, as they aren't even full grown into their bodies and a growth spurt (or lack of one) could change their whole body and their talent with it.

Lamina is 15 currently, and watching videos he looks talented among his peers, same like a guy like Endrick looked a year or so ago, tough to judge in both cases as those players are facing kids who might end up working retail jobs or engineering or whatever by the age of 25, while to make it in Barca 1st team you face the best of the best on regular basis.

Many hyped kids fell of a cliff after that cutting age of 16, I am not talking Halilovic or Bojan as those were still successful professionals, I am talking about someone like Teron (don't remember full name, as it is a decade or half ago) who was hyped as next Ayala from generation 91 and ended up playing in 5th division or so in Spain.

Now, after channeling my inner BBZ, I would say I am not overly hyped with Lamina as an upper end prospect so far. He feels more like a potential starting caliber player at best case scenario, a Di Maria type (if you forget about his goals with Argentina) who can be versatile and smart starting player but not someone you build your team around. Many think that Lamina might end up as interior while other think he will remain a winger. Tough to know and generally Barca has affection to those AM/Winger hybrids which rarely works but when it does it can give you an Iniesta or Pedri.
Don't think he should be doing pre-season with 1st team, he should be between Juvenil A and B team next year, and the former more than the later.

PS: Barca is interested in Estevao William aka Messinho who has Andre Curry as agent (ex-barca employee, Vitor Roque agent and a guy who was one of the engineers of R10, Neymar deals to join us) and as you may guessed a Barca fan, is the one I actually got really hyped from players who are U-16, he plays same position as Lamina (a left footed RW) and has great technique and explosiveness, he is a guy to follow and get hyped if he continue his trajectory tbh.

Messi983

Apparently he'll stay and sign a professional contract when he turns 16 in July.

He's training with the first team regularly and there are reports he could get some minutes at the end of the season when we clinch La Liga title.

JamDav1982

Lamal at moment plays on right primarily and cuts in a lot with a loverly touch and great weight of pass etc.... Messi in to hand over to that spot to him in a few years maybe the plan.

When watch him for Juv A is miles ahead of all the other players when it comes to awareness and decisions making. Rare to see that in these wonderkids. Often it is all about pace or power or both.

Interesting to see how he develops from here.

mc_lovin

Would like to see him for a few minutes just to get a grasp how far he is physically.

Also pretty much the only La Masia player I am genuinely hyped about.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Super excited about how this kid progresses, he’s so talented and super high IQ. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got any minutes before the season ends, however I’m sure he will for pre season and some minutes next season as well if he does well pre season. Perfect timing with Messi coming also, can make him progress twice as fast :wub:

jamrock

They're mainly calling him up to show him as believe he has a future at the club, so he doesn't leave

We have to start tying down our young players to longer contracts, unless there is something on the financial side I'm missing

Nazario1985

Right now as a young player gavi is playing where the team needs him to gain experience while helping the team, where he's playing now is no indication of where he'll play in 3 years.

He's no AM, compare his game to the likes of Felix who's an actual AM in the modern game of wirtz and it will tell you as much.

He's going deeper as he gets older.
Sounds like a new Sergi episode

Nazario1985

They're mainly calling him up to show him as believe he has a future at the club, so he doesn't leave

We have to start tying down our young players to longer contracts, unless there is something on the financial side I'm missing
i think there is a FIFA rule where you can't do that

JamDav1982

Three years is maximum but the issue has been letting younger players get into final years.

If Lamine is top player renew him at 17 again for three years then five when turns 18.

Too many young players getting to their final years and holdinf the balance of power over the club who keep playing them.

JamDav1982

I mean it’s the nature of the game. But generally we don’t lose the talents we don’t want to lose.

Lost plenty dont want to lose but a lot of them are when turn 16 and not issue of contracts running down.

It is not even just about the very best ones.. the club also need to be in a position to keep the likes of Barbera/lias even if that means selling them for a % or loaning out.

La Masia needs to be a better source of income for players developed even if not the most highly rated to step up to first team any time soon.

That and also loaning players out earlier. Players can become too protected at La Masia/Barca at times and step up huge to first team for some.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

There's a balance to be found... its in the Club's best as well to not hand out long contracts. And the good talents won't jump at them anyway, because they know they can get fatter contracts down the line.

Home of Barca Fans