Kylian Mbappé

JamDav1982

A deflection from what? I'm conceding that Messi was the obvious MVP of this WC and is overall higher on the WC all-time ranking than Mbappe. . It would be hard to argue otherwise. My point is that time is on Kylian's side if he wants to catch up and surpass him.

Breaking scoring records, scoring in finals, and winning tournaments matter quite a bit. Ronaldo's exploits in 2002 are still regarded as the gold standard to this day to the point that no one remembers that Rivaldo was just as influential and that Oliver Kahn was the actual recipient of the golden ball.

Deflection from this World Cup when it is a response to Messi being better than Mbappe....

It wont matter if he doesnt win another WC as best player.

Can break the records he likes scoring wise but winning and leading team to it wont be overcome by that.

Bulgroz

Laporta did same when Barca lost to Real and could see the players just wanted him to get the fuck out and knew speach was more for cameras than them.

Yeah, sports have always been a cheap way for politicians (I use that term in general, it includes Laporta for example) to try and get traction.

Macron brought it to a whole other level here (compared to previous Presidents). I think that because he's young he thinks he can be friend with the players (on top of just trying to use them, obviously), which makes it even more irritating. The ways he grabs Mbappe after the game like he's his brother or long time friend is... yuck. Dude is completely out of touch.

jamrock

I for one don't care who he dates, he can be a gay for all I care and it doesn't matter. What did he say about Kane and South Americans not being able to play football? That is news to me.

He definitely threw shade at South American teams, said something like European national teams are much better.

Messigician

He said this

"In South America, football is not as advanced as in Europe, that's why when you look at the last World Cups it's always Europeans who win," Mbappe said.

"The advantage we have here in Europe is that we always play matches at a high level. We arrive ready and Brazil and Argentina don't have that."

cracken

Deflection from this World Cup when it is a response to Messi being better than Mbappe....

It wont matter if he doesnt win another WC as best player.

Can break the records he likes scoring wise but winning and leading team to it wont be overcome by that.

It wasn't a deflection but more of a response to the posters burying him and questioning his quality when no player has had his record after just two WCs.

Windhook

Those were all mind games from Dibu, Mbappe, Van Gaal. Part of football. Netherlands went a little too far during the penalties with some weird shamanisms or whatever it was.

Messi and Mbappe hugged each other before the trophy ceremony. There is no animosity between them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He said this

"In South America, football is not as advanced as in Europe, that's why when you look at the last World Cups it's always Europeans who win," Mbappe said.

"The advantage we have here in Europe is that we always play matches at a high level. We arrive ready and Brazil and Argentina don't have that."

It is a prickly thing to say but not entirely wrong. What is the context though?

Bulgroz

Bro even Vidal is roasting mbappe he did say something very extremist

Lmao, ah ok, so if "even Vidal" (a very level headed person) is roasting Mbappe, then he was clearly in the wrong :lol:

Again, not saying what Mbappe said was smart or good. But it was blown completely out of proportions. From what I read, he was asked why South American teams struggled to win the World Cup. Which was a question asked by a brazilian journalist, mind you. And a question that could rightfully be asked, since WC winners have been European for 20 years. And his take was basically that the WC qualifiers were a breeze for Argentina and Brazil, because there isn't enough big teams in South America. Again, it's not particularly clever because while I agree with him (and WC stats over the past 20 years seem to agree too), CONMEBOL also have way less teams. Imho, proportionally there are more good teams in South America than in Europe. But it's pretty hard to argue that there are (in absolute numbers) more good teams in South America than in Europe.

I don't think his answer was a good one. Especially since his take was that good europeans teams play each other during qualifiers, which isn't that true when you look at how WC qualifiers groups are made. But I don't think either that it was meant to be rude, and it clearly was blown out of proportions.

Messigician

Lmao, ah ok, so if "even Vidal" (a very level headed person) is roasting Mbappe, then he was clearly in the wrong :lol:

Again, not saying what Mbappe said was smart or good. But it was blown completely out of proportions. From what I read, he was asked why South American teams struggled to win the World Cup. Which was a question asked by a brazilian journalist, mind you. And a question that could rightfully be asked, since WC winners have been European for 20 years. And his take was basically that the WC qualifiers were a breeze for Argentina and Brazil, because there isn't enough big teams in South America. Again, it's not particularly clever because while I agree with him (and WC stats over the past 20 years seem to agree too), CONMEBOL also have way less teams. Imho, proportionally there are more good teams in South America than in Europe. But it's pretty hard to argue that there are (in absolute numbers) more good teams in South America than in Europe.

I don't think his answer was a good one. Especially since his take was that good europeans teams play each other during qualifiers, which isn't that true when you look at how WC qualifiers groups are made. But I don't think either that it was meant to be rude, and it clearly was blown out of proportions.

Home of Barca Fans