João Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ok, what is it that you find so appealing about the membership model. Is it some weird badge of honour, because I can assure you no fans of other clubs are looking upon Barca's membership model and envying it. In contrast, other fans are pitying Barca for being broke because of it.

Or is it the actual members you care about themselves. I can get on board with that, if we had decent members who didn't sell their ticket to opposing fans most of the time. The average Barca member is a rich pensioner who goes to the Camp Nou as if he going to theatre. Entertain me and I may clap, if you are lucky.

Infact the only noise that will come from him is the odd whistle at a poor refereeing decision, or more likely, at his own team. And please no insulting chants about Real Madrid because the soci will boo that too ( happens every time they try to chant MHDP ). And Sherlocks are still trying to work out why there is no atmosphere. In contrast, other clubs are filling their stands with passionate, young supporters, take a look at Bilbao and Sociedad.

Or even better the members who kept voting in Barto again and again and even in 2020 when it was clear that the club had been destroyed by Barto, a large proportion of members couldn't even be arsed to turn up to vote him out 😂. Would he still even be in charge had the supporters not stormed the Camp Nou?

Why do you think an owner would automatically be ' dictator ' like and inferior to an elected one. The statistics show the opposite, unless you can name me any good presidents Barca has had not named Laporta.

Once again, you are insinuating that all socis, or most of them at least, don't care about the club and they are just selling their tickets. That's just not true. The fact a few or however many bad apples that did, should not be extrapolated to the entire soci mass. Yes we have many older socis, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the team. I sat with some older Catalan socis/gentlemen at Camp Nou most of the time when I was in town, sure they didn't make much noise but they passionately followed the game, unlike some younger people who stared at their phones. This past season we had an average attendance of 83,000, the highest average attendance in Europe and a club record in recent history. This is when there are still fewer tourists than before. Impressive, goes to show our local fans do care about the club. Also from other sections such as basketball and handball, the home crowd had been great.

Fans of other clubs are pitying us for being broke because of it? Why? We are broke because of mismanagement led by Bartomeu first and foremost, together with COVID, not because of our ownership model. Yes Bartomeu got us where we are, but it is not the ownership model's fault. Madrid has the same model and they are doing just fine, and you have other clubs owned by billionaires who have not done that well, such as Manchester United, Valencia, Malaga and countless others. The only thing they can do that we can't is for the rich owners to pump money into the club, and those owners sell the clubs to the next buyer when they get bored with it. Fans can do nothing but to deal with whatever their owners decide to do. At least we can kick the Bartomeus out, imagine you have Bartomeu or Laporta running the club for life. The horror.

I just hate all the one who keep Bartomeu here long enough to destroy us. Blind Catalan that voted for him. This voting model has it's ups and downs but if people dont care much to get the bad president out, we would end up with another Bartomeu, just this time we are broke and we are slowly become irrelevant.

Andresito

Staff member
Wait, why would a season ticket holder profit from selling his seat?

The amount received should not exceed the amount the guy paid for his season ticket, should even be a bit less than he paid for it to not entice selling. Rest should go to the club.

Porque

Best quote of Victor Font

Font: “I had lunch with Xavi several weeks ago"
Will now be known as Victor "I had lunch with Xavi" Font from now on.

Also a few more insignificant quotes from his interview

----

Font on Messi
“That Leo did not renew two years ago and that now he has not returned is a leadership problem. And the biggest mistake that can be made. I HAD LUNCH WITH XAVI several weeks ago and he was very excited about his possible arrival. We are not aware of the opportunities we have missed. We could have capitalized, for example, his World Cup with Argentina, ”he justified.

Font on Laporta
: Barça has to change its government model. It doesn't work to have a 'Superman' president who takes it all on . Right now, partners don't count for anything. The other day, at the Manchester City treble party, there were almost more Catalans than English. We cannot have quality professionals working on other teams. It cannot be that City, with our talent, is the envy of the whole world "

Font on Lunch
Font: "Did I mention I had lunch with Xavi"

Font on Barcelona economic position
Font: "today the numbers indicate that we have not overcome the legacy of the previous directive." “ We are worse than two and a half years ago. If there were elections tomorrow, Laporta's economic inheritance would be worse than Bartomeu's . We have lost a lot of time and we have more expenses, more losses, less equity and more debt.
Font: "Xavi recommended the Calamari when we went for lunch"

Font on Barca debts
Font: The context, with 1,000 million losses in ordinary business in two and a half years, is very worrying. And the forecasts for the next two years, with the move to Montjuïc, are not particularly optimistic”, he added. "We are not doing our homework to make Barça sustainable ,"

Font on meal choices
Font: "Sustainable, like the restaurant where I had lunch with Xavi"

Font on transparancy
Font" “There is still no transparency of any kind. The Spotify agreement, strategic for the club, is a perfect example. Also the issue of the prices of season tickets for the coming season and the awarding of the reform works of the Camp Nou to Limak. They tell us that it is the company that does it faster and cheaper. Are these the criteria that we give priority to when building what should be our home for the next decades?"

Font on Xavi
Font: "On a sporting level, the former candidate celebrated that "the foundations of a future project have been laid" and that "the commitment to Xavi Hernández, which we defended at all costs, is giving good results. By the way I had lunch with Xavi and told him this." . “This season they have competed well and they have won their first major title in a long time”, he highlighted. When he was questioned about the matter of the transfers, however, he returned to the concern: "We do not know who is in charge or who decides. There are many behaviors that are similar to the above directive.

Font on Negreira
Font: The ' Negreira case' , but pointed out that this issue "is yet another symptom that this Barça management model does not work" because " It does not have enough control mechanisms”. “I have no doubt that everyone, even those close to Madrid, knows that Barça have not won any game or title thanks to the referees. Nobody believes it. The smear campaign of the cave. One thing for sure, Xavi would never have lunch with Negreira.

Full Article

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Once again, you are insinuating that all socis, or most of them at least, don't care about the club and they are just selling their tickets. That's just not true. The fact a few or however many bad apples that did, should not be extrapolated to the entire soci mass. Yes we have many older socis, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the team. I sat with some older Catalan socis/gentlemen at Camp Nou most of the time when I was in town, sure they didn't make much noise but they passionately followed the game, unlike some younger people who stared at their phones. This past season we had an average attendance of 83,000, the highest average attendance in Europe and a club record in recent history. This is when there are still fewer tourists than before. Impressive, goes to show our local fans do care about the club. Also from other sections such as basketball and handball, the home crowd had been great.

Fans of other clubs are pitying us for being broke because of it? Why? We are broke because of mismanagement led by Bartomeu first and foremost, together with COVID, not because of our ownership model. Yes Bartomeu got us where we are, but it is not the ownership model's fault. Madrid has the same model and they are doing just fine, and you have other clubs owned by billionaires who have not done that well, such as Manchester United, Valencia, Malaga and countless others. The only thing they can do that we can't is for the rich owners to pump money into the club, and those owners sell the clubs to the next buyer when they get bored with it. Fans can do nothing but to deal with whatever their owners decide to do. At least we can kick the Bartomeus out, imagine you have Bartomeu or Laporta running the club for life. The horror.
A few bad apples? 😂. Okay let's do the math. 80 thousand turned up for that game. Over half were Frankfurt fans. So, let's say there were 47,000 Frankfurt fans. That means they managed to obtain 43,000 tickets above what is normally allocated for an away team in Europe at the Camp Nou.

Barca has 86,000 season ticket holding members. So that means half of the members sold their tickets for a quick pay day, my friend. 50 percent. They even printed out instructions to explain how the Frankfurt fans could subvert the procedures Barca had put in to place to stop that humiliation occurring. Yes that's right, they deliberately and willingly humiliated the club worldwide for a few hundred Euros profit.

These are the people you want in control of the club? These are the people whose power base you want to defend and reinforce? You complain about dictators and don't realise that the ones that have the power at Barca are far far worse than any of those Dictators could ever be.
If I'm not mistaken, aren't you one of the posters most against Neymar? You think he sold out the club for money, right? And yet you are here defending the rights of those members who did exactly the same.

Our financial situation is 150 percent linked to the president/member model. Do you think Barto would have been giving those huge contacts out and being so profligate with money if it was coming out of his own pocket? 😂. He played high stakes roulette knowing someone else would have to pay the debt if he didn't win, and sailed off in to the sunset.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A few bad apples? 😂. Okay let's do the math. 80 thousand turned up for that game. Over half were Frankfurt fans. So, let's say there were 47,000 Frankfurt fans. That means they managed to obtain 43,000 tickets above what is normally allocated for an away team in Europe at the Camp Nou.

Barca has 86,000 season ticket holding members. So that means half of the members sold their tickets for a quick pay day, my friend. 50 percent. They even printed out instructions to explain how the Frankfurt fans could subvert the procedures Barca had put in to place to stop that humiliation occurring. Yes that's right, they deliberately and willingly humiliated the club worldwide for a few hundred Euros profit.

These are the people you want in control of the club? These are the people whose power base you want to defend and reinforce? You complain about dictators and don't realise that the ones that have the power at Barca are far far worse than any of those Dictators could ever be.
If I'm not mistaken, aren't you one of the posters most against Neymar? You think he sold out the club for money, right? And yet you are here defending the rights of those members who did exactly the same.

Our financial situation is 150 percent linked to the president/member model. Do you think Barto would have been giving those huge contacts out and being so profligate with money if it was coming out of his own pocket? 😂. He played high stakes roulette knowing someone else would have to pay the debt if he didn't win, and sailed off in to the sunset.

47,000 Frankfurt fans? No way, there were about 30,000 Frankfurt fans at Camp Nou, 5000 of who got their tickets legitimately (tickets allocated to Frankfurt), so at best you could argue there were 25,000 season ticket holders who sold their tickets. In reality that number was a lot less I think, as there were plenty of reports at the time that many Frankfurt fans got their tickets through third-party vendors, ticket wholesalers and some simply used a non-German credit card or bank account to buy tickets directly from the club. OK, let's say 20,000, still a minority. You are extrapolating, once again.

Actually I am against Laporta because of his governing model, just like what Font complained about, being a strongman-type of "be all" president who calls all the shots. The one you adore so much is the problem right now, he is the one that has a lot of power (he is the president and CEO himself). But the likes of Laporta or Bartomeu would pale in comparison with true dictators like the Glasers, the Kroenkes, the Lims, Sheikh Al-Thani and other billionaire owners out there. They can do whatever they want, certainly they all want to make money out of their clubs but their business goals might not necessarily align with those of the club.

I was against Neymar leaving for PSG, yes, which triggered the financial downfall of the club. But Bartomeu and Co. were to blame since PSG did give us a check of 222m after all.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I agree with Font on the lack of transparency and the problematic governing model under Laporta's presidency, hit the nail on the head.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Best quote of Victor Font

Font: “I had lunch with Xavi several weeks ago"
Will now be known as Victor "I had lunch with Xavi" Font from now on.

Also a few more insignificant quotes from his interview

----

Font on Messi
“That Leo did not renew two years ago and that now he has not returned is a leadership problem. And the biggest mistake that can be made. I HAD LUNCH WITH XAVI several weeks ago and he was very excited about his possible arrival. We are not aware of the opportunities we have missed. We could have capitalized, for example, his World Cup with Argentina, ”he justified.

Font on Laporta
: Barça has to change its government model. It doesn't work to have a 'Superman' president who takes it all on . Right now, partners don't count for anything. The other day, at the Manchester City treble party, there were almost more Catalans than English. We cannot have quality professionals working on other teams. It cannot be that City, with our talent, is the envy of the whole world "

Font on Lunch
Font: "Did I mention I had lunch with Xavi"

Font on Barcelona economic position
Font: "today the numbers indicate that we have not overcome the legacy of the previous directive." “ We are worse than two and a half years ago. If there were elections tomorrow, Laporta's economic inheritance would be worse than Bartomeu's . We have lost a lot of time and we have more expenses, more losses, less equity and more debt.
Font: "Xavi recommended the Calamari when we went for lunch"

Font on Barca debts
Font: The context, with 1,000 million losses in ordinary business in two and a half years, is very worrying. And the forecasts for the next two years, with the move to Montjuïc, are not particularly optimistic”, he added. "We are not doing our homework to make Barça sustainable ,"

Font on meal choices
Font: "Sustainable, like the restaurant where I had lunch with Xavi"

Font on transparancy
Font" “There is still no transparency of any kind. The Spotify agreement, strategic for the club, is a perfect example. Also the issue of the prices of season tickets for the coming season and the awarding of the reform works of the Camp Nou to Limak. They tell us that it is the company that does it faster and cheaper. Are these the criteria that we give priority to when building what should be our home for the next decades?"

Font on Xavi
Font: "On a sporting level, the former candidate celebrated that "the foundations of a future project have been laid" and that "the commitment to Xavi Hernández, which we defended at all costs, is giving good results. By the way I had lunch with Xavi and told him this." . “This season they have competed well and they have won their first major title in a long time”, he highlighted. When he was questioned about the matter of the transfers, however, he returned to the concern: "We do not know who is in charge or who decides. There are many behaviors that are similar to the above directive.

Font on Negreira
Font: The ' Negreira case' , but pointed out that this issue "is yet another symptom that this Barça management model does not work" because " It does not have enough control mechanisms”. “I have no doubt that everyone, even those close to Madrid, knows that Barça have not won any game or title thanks to the referees. Nobody believes it. The smear campaign of the cave. One thing for sure, Xavi would never have lunch with Negreira.

Full Article

He won't be having another dinner with Xavi in forseable future, that's for sure.

How pathetic some of these candidates can get.

jamrock

Font refers to Xavi stunning 😂.

If fans here dislike xavi now, imagine if font won, he would have Xavi run the entire club and hand him a life time contract.

He's a joke, stay far away from the club.

Prodi

No one cares about Font in Catalunya. He is so irrelevant nowadays, a laughing stock in Twitter.
The Journalists who do not like Laporta should look for another candidate in 2026.

Messi983

Fyr5hH5aQAAW1bo

Home of Barca Fans