João Laporta

ajnotkeith

What were the outright lies?
Joan Laporta: "Barça hired a service with invoices monitored by the tax agency. Nothing illegal went on and there is no case of sporting corruption."

The Treasury put out an official statement a month or so back stating that no invoices could be found corresponding to payments they were investigating and that they have not been explained by the club.

Joan Laporta: "FC Barcelona have never tried to influence refereeing. The justice system said it themselves.

'The justice system' in its statement in which it charged Barca literally stated "Barcelona reached and maintained a strictly confidential verbal agreement with the defendant Negreira, so that, in his capacity as vice president of the refereeing committee and in exchange for money, he would carry out actions aimed at favouring Barcelona."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Disappointing press conference and typical Laporta, the fireband, the showman, the politician without much substance. Not much was spent on explaining the details of what the external investigation found, rather it was focused on attacking the whole wide world that is out to get us and sugarcoating his own presidency.

If I am not mistaken, he said the tax agency had not been able to prove that the money we paid any any impact on the results of the matches. Again, that doesn’t mean much, as the focus is the on the intent.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Disappointing press conference and typical Laporta, the fireband, the showman, the politician without much substance. Not much was spent on explaining the details of what the external investigation found, rather it was focused on attacking the whole wide world that is out to get us and sugarcoating his own presidency.

If I am not mistaken, he said the tax agency had not been able to prove that the money we paid any any impact on the results of the matches. Again, that doesn’t mean much, as the focus is the on the intent.
Pretty much he didn't say anything we didn't know already and just re-hashing the lines of 'we paid for refereeing reports' which is disappointing and worrying. He made out like he was going to come with a proper defense and instead he has presented nothing new except accusing Tebas and Ceferin and Madrid of a conspiracy.

When asked why no employees or managers at the club could state they saw these reports he said 'some managers don't want to use them'. Lol.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pretty much he didn't say anything we didn't know already and just re-hashing the lines of 'we paid for refereeing reports' which is disappointing and worrying. He made out like he was going to come with a proper defense and instead he has presented nothing new except accusing Tebas and Ceferin and Madrid of a conspiracy.

When asked why no employees or managers at the club could state they saw these reports he said 'some managers don't want to use them'. Lol.
Yup. Not much new that we didn’t know already, other than those 600+ referee reports and 30+ (?) CDs etc. that are corresponding to 2014 - 2018. What about pre-2014? When he was presiding over the club?

Just show us the entire investigative report, or all its findings. At least send it to the socis, we deserve to see it.

He didn’t attack Ceferin though, right? I read that he kinda praised him for being prudent and not assuming that we are guilty, trying to separate Tebas from the rest of the entities out there.

ajnotkeith

Yup. Not much new that we didn’t know already, other than those 600+ referee reports and 30+ (?) CDs etc. that are corresponding to 2014 - 2018. What about pre-2014? When he was presiding over the club?

Just show us the entire investigative report, or all its findings. At least send it to the socis, we deserve to see it.

He didn’t attack Ceferin though, right? I read that he kinda praised him for being prudent and not assuming that we are guilty, trying to separate Tebas from the rest of the entities out there.
Was complete nonsense, he was attacking and praising him at the same time, didn't make any sense when I read it either. He said this : “UEFA wants to act against Barcelona because we support the Super League project. Ceferin made a number of offensive statements and I ask him to be responsible and wise, unlike Tebas”

Joan Laporta: "I don't know what is going through Ceferin's head, but UEFA have joined the campaign against Barcelona. There is also the Super League, which we are supporting."

In general I think the conference of today is a bad sign, like really bad. He showed some reports produced by Negreira's son between 2014 - 2018 (the period he was also working with the club) but it still fails to explain why 7.3 million was paid to Negreira Sr, over 18 years, significantly predating those reports, who wasn't providing any reports and therefore shouldn't have received any of the money.

He stated that many clubs have worked with Negreira Jr, which is true, and verifiable, the problem as it has been from the start of this case is why 7 million was paid to his referee committee dad. A fact that I think he can't explain himself as would have done so.

Instead of choosing to explain it with presumably the full story after the internal audit he lied and made a deflection about buying refereeing reports from his son which was never the issue. It probably would have been better for him to say nothing.

Porque

There is alot Laporta couldn't say because of legalities. Better to go and change narrative and perception.

Spanish media (or all media these days really), don't write stories for readers to make opinions, they write opinions for readers to make stories, narrative will still be out of our control outside of Catalunya. But at the very least he put seeds of doubt over the whole opposition and strongly, which is the only thing he could do really.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Was complete nonsense, he was attacking and praising him at the same time, didn't make any sense when I read it either. He said this : “UEFA wants to act against Barcelona because we support the Super League project. Ceferin made a number of offensive statements and I ask him to be responsible and wise, unlike Tebas”

Joan Laporta: "I don't know what is going through Ceferin's head, but UEFA have joined the campaign against Barcelona. There is also the Super League, which we are supporting."

In general I think the conference of today is a bad sign, like really bad. He showed some reports produced by Negreira's son between 2014 - 2018 (the period he was also working with the club) but it still fails to explain why 7.3 million was paid to Negreira Sr, over 18 years, significantly predating those reports, who wasn't providing any reports and therefore shouldn't have received any of the money.

He stated that many clubs have worked with Negreira Jr, which is true, and verifiable, the problem as it has been from the start of this case is why 7 million was paid to his referee committee dad. A fact that I think he can't explain himself as would have done so.

Instead of choosing to explain it with presumably the full story after the internal audit he lied and made a deflection about buying refereeing reports from his son which was never the issue. It probably would have been better for him to say nothing.
Someone else other than Laporta should have at least substantiated Laporta by providing more details on the investigative report.

Vladinho

Can't wait to get past this non-fotball related dick measuring contest.. who cares who supported Franco? He was a dictator, of course everyone played his fiddle out of terror. This is childish behaviour from both of the clubs...instead of both clubs working together to make la liga stronger and remove that clown at the helm, Tebas successfully made barca and madrid war against themselves based on their ego and heritage...shame, shame, shame

Reactions: BJJ

JamDav1982

That video states that Barca gave Franco honorary medals and made him a socio etc.

Ignores fact maybe had to do that type of thing given he had assisinated previous president and were shit scared of him and what could do to them/club.

Context missing there it seems.

Home of Barca Fans