João Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lufts bashes Laporta every chance he gets, while he was one of the biggest fans of bartomeau as he slowly ran the club into the ground.

Says alot about judgement.

I was? How? Where? What did I say?

Calling a spade a spade.

You on the other hand has always defended Laporta, no matter what he does.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I felt this playing the victim card part of the rebuttal is completely not necessary. Yes Tebas is probably anti-Barca but if we didn't do anything (still not known whether we did anything wrong or not), we wouldn't be in a situation like today's.

Should have taken the high road and not responded to Tebas' vitriol, let the investigation play out, if we didn't do anything wrong, it will be the perfect slap in the face for Tebas.

Gari

Laporta: "Neither the Prosecutor's Office nor the police forces have informed us that we are in the middle of any investigation."Earlier, Tebas himself said that there is nothing illegal in these payments. That is why he says that Laporta should leave himself.

Windhook

Should have taken the high road and not responded to Tebas' vitriol, let the investigation play out, if we didn't do anything wrong, it will be the perfect slap in the face for Tebas.

You know well what silence means after such accusations. Admittance of guilt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You know well what silence means after such accusations. Admittance of guilt.

Not saying Laporta should not have responded, not at all, I think he did well in the first two parts of his response today (that 1. we contracted out the investigation to an outside lawyer to ensure an independent and thorough investigation, and 2. under his first term there were invoices and corresponding videos and documents for the services provided and they are looking to what happened since), however in the last part he dove into a personal and bitter attack of Tebas and talked about how he has been anti-Barca etc, which was not necessary. It made us look childish and cheap.

Porque

Not saying Laporta should not have responded, not at all, I think he did well in the first two parts of his response today (that 1. we contracted out the investigation to an outside lawyer to ensure an independent and thorough investigation, and 2. under his first term there were invoices and corresponding videos and documents for the services provided and they are looking to what happened since), however in the last part he dove into a personal and bitter attack of Tebas and talked about how he has been anti-Barca etc, which was not necessary. It made us look childish and cheap.

True, but the Tebas attack is distraction, and will buy time for the proper investigation that will take time.

Spain is sensationalist so this will keep the focus on that. It's not smart in the sense of intelligence, but Thebes couldn't help but fire the first shots yesterday.

LaLiga has already responded with a joint statement of 38 of the 40 clubs (no Barca or Madrid), so already this thing has been politicized.

And yes to conclude, this is a serious allegation that all stakeholders deserve to resolve. Paying for refereeing reports in itself is something that is wild to me. It's data that can be collected independently and serves no purpose bar influence to pay for imo. Not happy about this even if innocent.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
True, but the Tebas attack is distraction, and will buy time for the proper investigation that will take time.

Spain is sensationalist so this will keep the focus on that. It's not smart in the sense of intelligence, but Thebes couldn't help but fire the first shots yesterday.

LaLiga has already responded with a joint statement of 38 of the 40 clubs (no Barca or Madrid), so already this thing has been politicized.

Yes, this has become such a hot topic in Spain that everybody apparently feels so indignant about it, everybody wants to take a bite of it. In this context I think Tebas probably felt the urge to say something much more forceful and extreme than what he had previously said. It feels like a case of political correctness to me here: By denouncing Barca even before you know what happened, you stand on the right side (otherwise you are condoning Barca for the alleged crime they did), it is the politically correct thing to do now in Spain to show how indignant you are and pin the blame on Barca already.

Last edited:

Windhook

however in the last part he dove into a personal and bitter attack of Tebas and talked about how he has been anti-Barca etc, which was not necessary. It made us look childish and cheap.

I thought it was brilliant response. Not childish, but more direct. What loudmouths like Tebas deserve frankly. Now he has to answer why Barca is on his lips all the time in negative light.

I know he'd say "Barca, the 1bn debt, Bartomeu, SuperLeague blah-blah", but the very least it puts him in uncomfortable position to answer the same type of unverified info shit that comes out of his own mouth.

At the end of the day Tebas is not a dictator, but elected person by professional Spanish clubs to do his job without bias.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I thought it was brilliant response. Not childish, but more direct. What loudmouths like Tebas deserve frankly. Now he has to answer why Barca is on his lips all the time in negative light.

I know he'd say "Barca, the 1bn debt, Bartomeu, SuperLeague blah-blah", but the very least it puts him in uncomfortable position to answer the same type of unverified info shit that comes out of his own mouth.

At the end of the day Tebas is not a dictator, but elected person by professional Spanish clubs to do his job without bias.

Tebas won't answer those accusations, he will just just go to twitter to brush it off. In the end it achieves nothing more than displaying a bitter and childish exchange between these two grown men as they have done many times before. It certainly doesn't serve us. Just a distraction as Porque said above.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And yes to conclude, this is a serious allegation that all stakeholders deserve to resolve. Paying for refereeing reports in itself is something that is wild to me. It's data that can be collected independently and serves no purpose bar influence to pay for imo. Not happy about this even if innocent.

Agreed. I still don't understand what exactly goes into those reports and videos that we bought (and according to Valverde many Spanish clubs did, albeit from different sources). Perhaps at best it could be a case of the club being lazy and wasteful (something that could have been easily done by an internal employee like an analyst). Given how wasteful this club has been, I am not surprised.

khaled_a_d

however in the last part he dove into a personal and bitter attack of Tebas and talked about how he has been anti-Barca etc, which was not necessary. It made us look childish and cheap.

Tebas started it when he put the blame on Laporta, suggesting he should resign.
That was niether professionally appropriate nor true or even makes sense.
This simply indicates they are already looking for a fall guy and wants Laporta to be that one, and he made that public.

Laporta had the right to hit back, and let's be honest here, victim card is prevalent in Catalonia and Barca fans.
The change of his stance, with clubs releasing statement, simply means Tebas himself is under pressure, by same clubs he relies on in elections, and he is trying to put blame on one person and one club.

Home of Barca Fans