Have you ever been called a glory hunter?

Have you ever been called a glory hunter?

• Total voters

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
United to Madrid fans are rare occurrence due to the team popularity which is slightly higher than us
how many "CR.Madrid " new fans have you seen in the last two years ? none .
UH!

Check Redcafe for instance, man. They are BOOMING!

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Very serious, how many English speaking Madrid /CR fan has joined us over here ?. he is not even the most popular in our team

This is a BarcaForum, not a Real Madrid forum. He may not be the most popular among real Madrid fans (no pun intended) but he is one of the most popular players in football and I've seen a lot of people switch allegiance from Man Utd to Real Madrid only because of Ronaldo. If that's not plastic, I don't know what is.

ricknattery

I've never been called a glory hunter cos' I've been a Barcelona fan since 1999 when I was 9 years old. Anyway the amount of glory hunters has increased since Ronaldinho's success here, you can see more and more people wearing a Barca jersey on the streets

Beast

The Observer
This is a BarcaForum, not a Real Madrid forum. He may not be the most popular among real Madrid fans (no pun intended) but he is one of the most popular players in football and I've seen a lot of people switch allegiance from Man Utd to Real Madrid only because of Ronaldo. If that's not plastic, I don't know what is.

I don't see them on forum or anywhere tbh , they probably still hang on United forum like Redcafe
and we are probably the strong hold for English speaking Madridistas on the net ;)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I've been called a glory supporter by people for sure, who supported London clubs and wanted to know why I did not support a London club.

I told them firstly its because they are a London club that i never took any interest in them and secondly once my eyes were set on LFC (fate, luck, coincedence, whatever you want to call it) via the television set they stole my heart and as such I could never feel for another club like I do for Liverpool.

I don't care where you are from, so long as in your heart you support that club through the good times and the bad times and learn the history and traditions of that club then to me you are not a glory supporter.

My definition of a glory supporter is a person who attaches themselves with a successful club and feels no emotional involvement with them. On the forum I can easily identify at least 5 glory supporters, but for their benefit I won't.

P.s. They asked me why I did not support a London club because I lived in London at the time.

XaviMessiGirl

A few people here called me a glory hunter for Barca when I first joined but not anymore. Just because someone became a fan of a club during a successful era doesn't automatically make them a glory hunter. Everybody had to become a fan some time, I am sure the ones who became fans in the early 90s were called glory hunters as well until later on when the club hit some hard times. It's more about how you act about your club than when you became a fan.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't care where you are from, so long as in your heart you support that club through the good times and the bad times and learn the history and traditions of that club then to me you are not a glory supporter.

My definition of a glory supporter is a person who attaches themselves with a successful club and feels no emotional involvement with them. On the forum I can easily identify at least 5 glory supporters, but for their benefit I won't.

This. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people use the "you're not from there and you've never been there" reasoning to question someone's support for a club. EPL fans do this especially, I don't get it. I don't even have a local club to support really (I really don't like MLS, although I do go to Earthquakes matches from time to time) so what do people expect me to do?

W

woobie

I'm in the same boat, XMG. But my family (and me as a result) have always been Milan supporters and it's unusual enough for an American to support an Italian club that I don't get the glory hunter label thrown at me too terribly often. Mostly these days I get odd looks from folks because I'm not supporting an EPL club.

XaviMessiGirl

^ glory hunter :lol:

for me, anyone that supports 2 major clubs is a glory hunter.

See I don't see a problem as long as they are in two different leagues. 99% of the time they have nothing to do with each other and when they do I have already made the decision who to support and won't back down on it. I enjoy watching EPL and La Liga and support one team from each. Many people on here do the same, does that make them all glory hunters?

To me it's only a problem if you equally support multiple teams in the same league because that's just a conflict of interests.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
not really. you possibly cant be supporter of the multiple teams in the same tier of clubs.

if thats the case, what would you call a fan that has man utd, barcelona and inter listed as his favorite clubs.

whilst i get your point... a supporter that cheers for barcelona, palermo and tottenham seems much better than the former set of clubs that i mentioned earlier.

Since I joined I've been called Glory hunter, la liga fanboy, EPL fanboy, idiot, racist, Zlatan fanboy, douche, English hater, woman and so much more :) and I'm perhaps one of the least controversial members in here.

Sergio

Sergison
I have never been called this, no. Because where I am from always comes up in conversation before which football club I support. That and I always make a point of supporting the local club when I have lived out of Milano, like Venezia, Depor and Hibernian.

Home of Barca Fans